Chapter 1

Lucky

"Okay guys so we are going to divide ourselves into two groups. One group will be handling the primary kids while the other will be handling the high school kids." Everyone was listening to our project director, Mark Tuan. And I had to admit once again that this guy had this charming side that earned everyone's respect at least when he was in serious mode.

 

 

 

According to the team distribution,

The kids team including Jackson, bambam, youngjae, yugyeom, me, and three other people would handle 20 kids.

The High school team including Mark, JB, Junior, Angelic, two others would handle 15 students.

 

"Okay so guys. We will be teaching Science and arts on the first day. The next day we will be playing games and having a performance for them." Everyone started discussing their activity ideas and how to deliver the lessons. Everyone was excited and nervous at the same time.

 

I glanced over to Mark. I could tell that he was very nervous for his first big project. Especially being the project director at that matter. I could totally read his nervousness with him growing more and more quiet recently. He tried to hide it. But it was no use at all because that guy was just very bad at lying.

 

After three hours of brainstorming and discussions, we were finally done. Everyone left the room. Junior, Youngjae, Yugyeom and Bambam were heading to the seven eleven beside the meeting place to grab some snacks. Mark was tidying up his stuff. JB was walking Angelic home after saying bye to me. I looked at them suspiciously.

 

I think they are going to make a good couple.

 

I was smiling to myself when Jackson suddenly hits my head.

 

“Yah! Why are you smiling by yourself?”

 

“Ouch! What was the for?”

And as usual, he just grinned.

 

“Let’s go home.” He grabbed my wrist and I just followed him.

 

“By the way, El, how are you?” I frowned at him.

 

“I’m good. Didn’t we just have a meeting together? Haha”

 

“Yeah. But theeeeen.. I think we need to do a lot of catch up. I havent seen you for so long until today. And it was in a meeting.” Jackson pouted.

I could not help but agree with him. We had not had time to talk a lot like what we used to do. We only had time to meet for various meetings but nothing more than that. To be honest, I missed talking about random nonsensical stuff with this guy.

 

“Let’s go for a lunch date tomorrow” he said.

“Call!” I agreed immediately. I did not have any plans anyway


I went to the ramen restaurant in the mall early. I missed talking to Jackson so much that I was way too excited to meet him that day. Our meet up would never end in a boring way. There would always something to tallk about. 

But it did not seem like he would appear anytime soon so I decided to walk around the shopping mall first. He was still not coming after so long. I was quite pissed and so I decided to call him. 

"Yah! Where are you?" 

"I'm on my way. Mian. I was caught up in my previous meeting. I forgot to tell you." 

"빨리 와!"

"Hehe okay okay." Jackson could still laugh. Let's see you later. 

There has always been unspoken rule where the GOT7, no matter how mighty they are in front of their fans, they do not dare with me and Angela. I guess sometimes we may just be too naggy. It was the motherly naggy, they say. Yes, so the GOT7 guys do see me and Angela, as women, not as girl friends, but as mothers. -.-

And so when Jackson reached the mall, I wanted to nag at him. "Mianhae hehe," he tried apologizing. I was still wanting to give him the silent treatment but then he did aegyo. 

Okay fine I lost. 

I could never stay mad at this guy for so long. And recently it just got worse. Not only I could not get mad at him, my mind would sometimes be kind enough to make me care more about him. I just felt like I want to protect this dorky dongsaeng of mine all the time. Suddenly I grew to be a more caring person around him. Maybe I secretly want to adopt him as my little dongsaeng no matter how annoying this guy was. 

"Okay fine. Today is your treat though." 

"Yay. Fine with me as long as you dont get angry hehe. Letsgo!" 

We got back to the restaurant where I waited for him previously. The two of us became engrossed to the menu. EVERYTHING LOOKED SO FREAKING GOOD. IJUSTWANNAEATTHEMALL. 

"I'll get the pork ramen," he ordered. 

"I'll get the spicy duck ramen then," I confirmed my order. 

While waiting for our food, we were chit chatting and busy catching up with each other lives. I told him about the annoying professor that I got and my super busy hectic month that just passed while he told me about his new apartment that was nearer to the rest of GOT7 and my apartment. Well, that would be totally awesome. We could hang out together and visit each other all the time. And then suddenly Jackson took out a plastic bag. 

"El, this is for you." 

I was stunned. There was no special occasion or whatsoever. My birthday had passed two months ago. 

"sorry I kept forgetting to give it to you." Oh, so that was really for my birthday. 

"Awww thank you. Can I open it?"

"Can you open it later?" he begged while grinning from ear to ear. 

"Oh Okay then." so I put it back into my bag. 

Just then, our food came. We immediately focused on our food. We finished eating, even drinking the broth, in a blink of an eye. After that we just continued our random chit-chatting session before finally decided to go home together since we stayed near each other. 

When I reached home, the first thing I did was opening his present. A pencil case with my favorite grey-pink color. And somehow coincidentally, it has my favorite patterns on it too. Inside, he wrote a card for me.

Sorry forgot to buy you a gift. And finally I got time to buy and give it to you. ㅋㅋㅋ.

I smiled. This had been a tradition between the two of us to buy each other presents on special occasions, including our birthdays. But for some weird unknown reason, that day I felt happier than the other time when I also received his gift. 

My heart and brain are definitely not functioning properly.