Chapter 6. Protecting

Inhuman

Wow it has been awhile I just havnt had much time to write but I have time to write now so subscribe and comment please. Comments make me want to write so I know people are actually reading this. I can start writing the exo members pov at the end of each chapter incase you havnt realised who it is, I dont like saying whos pov it is so generally in the first few lines it mentions someone talking to the member whos pov it is.


Walking into the school building I realise my energy levels are higher than usual, I shrug it off, must be because my morning has been peaceful. I silently step into the gym. I quickly change into my loose sporting shorts and walk into the main area leaving my uniform in my locker. The school sports shirt slung over my shoulder and I rest it on the ground nearby me. I take a deep breath slowly stretching my muscles in fluid but slow lengthing movement. My movements slowly growing longer and quicker keeping the fluidity, too soon I slow my motions down to a stop in the center beside my shirt. I lean down picking it up from the ground and slipping it on my breath only slightly faster than I started with. Dispite the fact the gym was open this early in the morning for sports players to practice I was always the only person in here on mornings like this. I move towards the wall and the bell rings as I reach it, I watch the teacher and other students filter in the main door then split off to change.
I wait against the wall, the teacher was further into the center to give the instructions for the day. Slowly the students filter into the area I was waiting in, The other guys arriving before the females except Amber who had walked to my side before all the guys were finished. Eventually everyone was out and had quietened down to listen to the teacher.
"Okay kids" that word ellicted a few groans among the students and I hold back a smirk at that as only kids would like that. It quietens down as the teacher glares around "As I was saying, There will be two sports today that everyone must join in, dodgeball and soccer." I notice a couple faces darken and a couple lighten. The two faces who had darkened were both tall, one with a face and one with big ears, maybe they were clumsy and fell over their own feet. I let out a quiet snicker at that thought and turned my gaze steathily towards the two faces who had lightened, One had a baby face and the other had slightly chubby features. My brows furrow slightly, I think ive seen those four before but I havnt observed them, were they in that new group I wonder. I brush it off as the teacher sends a few students to get the gear for dodgeball. Once the gear was prepared the teams were sorted, I move slightly to move a student between Amber and I, as the teacher starts sorting teams. Im but in the same team as Amber but also big ears and chubby cheeks, I hold back a slight groan as both teams move onto the court. Each teams at different ends of the hall pressing one hand against the wall to make it all fair, the teacher blows the whistle and everyone but Amber, me and other females hold back, leaving the other guys sprinting forward for the balls lined up in the center boundary line. Baby face reaches the balls and picks one up that was slightly on his side before moving back quickly throwing the ball forward to hit big ears, I narrow my eyes but smoothen my features as chubby cheeks also gets a ball and throws it to hit face. Both balls collide with the two tall guys legs, a safe area to hit, one side of my lips twitch up as they both walk to the side, one whining and the other complaining about how dogeball wasnt his style anyway. The girls are all lined up at the back and as I step out of the path of a few balls hurtling back, A few screams are heard and I roll my eyes as the girls hit whine and move to the side. Im standing calmly in the center at the back only moving one step at a time to move out of the way of a few balls. I occasionally pick one rolling by me and passing forward to my team mates. I observe the other team noting the one with the best aim seems to be baby face. I watch him pick up a ball and his gaze flick to his target as the ball leaves his hand, I glance aswell towards his target and my eyes widen as my body moves reflexively and I sprint a few steps jumping the last step to move faster my hand reaching out, my fingers hooking to the other side of the ball and move my hand back in the ball hitting my chest solidly with a slight thunk of impact. I land and my foot is out slightly to change the direction of my speed and I jolt forward my hand with the ball moving back them forward throwing it at the second strongest player on the other team landing a direct hit against the boys legs, I change direction again and move just missing a ball being aimed at me. I move backwards back to Amber my gaze on baby face who seemed slightly stunned that he was out, I smirk knowing if anyone caught a direct throw they were out. I Look at the remaining players, This would be too simple for my team to win, we still had chubby cheeks after all.
My prediction was correct as soon chubby cheeks hits the last player on the opposing team, the first four players out collected the balls up and took them back to the equiptment shed coming back with two soccer balls. The teacher congratulates my team on the win, I could feel a few stares and heard a few girls whispering, I keep my face blank but slightly smirk as I feel Amber nudge my side with her elbow. 
The males and females split for soccer and I glance at Amber who just rolls her eyes making me smile slightly before we split for our games. This time we would choose our players. The girls play inside and the other guys and me walk outside to play out there, we assign our own players and this time im on the same team as face and baby face. Soccer passes with face and big ears tripping multiple times but ending in my team winning by one goal because big ears tripped with the ball allowing me to steal it and pass it to baby face to shoot a goal. I sigh and shake my head walking back inside sweating slightly from the heat. I slip into the shade of the gym and to the mens changing room ignoring all the voices as I strip and quickly step into the showers washing off all the sweat soon stepping out as more people step in. I stand by my locker getting a towel from my locker and swiftly dry my body feeling eyes on me, I narrow my eyes slipping my boxers and uniform on before walking out with my hair slightly damp. I catch a small whisper as I walk out the door. "Damn he has a nice body luhan" I grit my teeth and wait outside for Amber who soon joins me as the bell rings and lunch starts. 
Time to relax until our next class.

Change of POV

I frown wondering why I could tell that the boy was in pain but shake it off as we all play around for awhile. "Luhan" I hear Xiumin speak turning my eyes towards him and nod so he can continue, "we have P.E first dont we?" I grin and laugh "yeah with Kris and Chanyeol of all people" I grin as Chen laughing at Chanyeols hurt expression. "Big baby" I hear Chen tease at Chanyeol, I just shake my head at the interaction and say to Xiumin "I hope we get to play soccer" I glace at Chanyeol and Kris, their expressions had darkened as their skin paled, their minds just told of their horror of facing us as soccer.
The others start laughing at their pain before Tao pipes up that we are going to be late so we all race towards the school, soon arriving and we all split to go to our seperate classes.
Kris, Chanyeol, Xiumin and I all get changed quickly and head out to wait for the rest of the class noticing that guy, Nick, against the wall. Xiumin and I start stretching until everyone else is out then the teacher speaks "Okay kids" a few groans sound among the students before it quietens down as the teacher glares around "As I was saying, There will be two sports today that everyone must join in, dodgeball and soccer." My face brightens at the second sport, I knew Xiumins would be like mine but that Chanyeol and Kris's faces would have darkened. The teacher assigns out teams and I playfully look at Xiumin and whisper "Its on Xiu" I gain the same phrase back but with Lu at the end. We split into our teams and pressed our hands to the walls the balls seperating the two teams. The whistle blows and I shoot forward with the others slightly moving a ball towards me and I pick it up and launch it at Chanyeol who was on Xiumins team. I grin at the direct blow to his legs and move back defensively as Xiumin does the same to Kris who was on my team, I sensed the words "dodgeball is not my style" a second before Kris mutters it aloud, I lift a ball rolling back and throw it at Xiumins team mates. For every person I get out Xiumin does too, I pick up another ball and my gaze flicks to the last girl on Xiumins team as the ball leaves my hand, the ball hurtling in her direction. My gaze moves to a figure as it moves infront of the girl, grabs the ball, pivots on one foot and moves forward and throws it at me. My eyes wide stunned as this all happens and the ball hits one of my team mates. I am out, I blink surprised, How could this guy catch a throw from me, but because he caught it directly I am out. I walk to the side of the court still stunned as Minseok's team now wipes out the rest of mine, my gaze fixed on Nick I think his name was and I focus trying to read his mind, my brows furrow. Was he acting on instinct, that must be why he had done what he had done, that girl must be special to him. My eyes widen once again as I realise it was the girl Suho had seen with that strange glow around her on the roof.
Soon Chanyeol goes around picking up the balls with two others, Kris claiming something to get out of it. Chanyeol comes back with a soccer ball with one of the others. The teacher congratulates Xiumins team and I can sense the smirk that I didnt need to see. The other guys and I head outside for our game. We split into teams and this time Nick was on my team. We started playing, The score keeping balanced and both Kris and Chanyeol tripping over nothing, or well Chanyeol tripping over his own feet and Kris tripped once so he claimed being ill and stood to the side of the game. Chanyeol, im glad is on Xiumins team and as the time runs down, Chanyeol trips with the ball, I watch Nick swiftly steal the ball and kicks it towards me. I take the ball and immediately kick it into the goal scoring the last goal for the match. 
We all head back into the gym to change back into our uniforms. Nick slips into the shower first, Xiumin and I do the same. We wash ourselves then step out grabbing a towel and drying ourselves before changing accidentally slipping into Xiumins mind and I wince and ignore it as we start dressing then Xiumin says as Nick is walking out "Damn he has a nice body luhan" I hold back the choke, Xiumin had been looking at Nick when I slipped into his mind and I wouldnt admit it but Xiumin was correct. We slip the rest of our uniforms, me ignoring thoughts of the brief glipse of Nicks short but lean body. We walk out of the room Chanyeol running after us shouting for us to wait. "You are so loud Chanyeol" Xiumin whines at the tall male following us puppy-like. Kris was just slowly walking out with his face in his neutral expression keeping up a cool image he lost between the twelve of us long ago.

"Lets go meet with the others" I say and we all walk to the edge of the woods which seemed to be our new meetup.