Chapter 19 : The Prank

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28 August 2016 (Sunday), 4.50 p.m.

 

Nayeon : Momo asked your friend, Jinho, out! They're on a date right now!

 

That wasn't true. The truth is that me, Sky, and Momo were just outside the karaoke booth, trying to listen in on their conversation.

Momo suggested that I come over to help prank Dahyun and Mina. I thought about it, but I decided I couldn't. When asked why, I confessed that I had dated Mina and we broke up. At first, I thought they would understand and leave me alone, but Nayeon was very persuasive. She kept telling me that I should still be friends with Mina, and be on good terms with Dahyun.

Thinking about it that way, I think she was right. I should try to reconnect with those two, as friends. Sky couldn't be happier for me and decided to tag along.

In the karaoke booth, I couldn't see it, but I could tell they were surprised.

 

Dahyun : They are both on a date?!!

 

Mina seemed sad. She turned her head to the side, afraid that Nayeon would see her sad face.

 

Nayeon : Mina, are you okay?

 

Dahyun went to Mina's side to comfort her.

 

Dahyun : Can I tell her?

 

Mina nodded as she felt like she could cry at anytime. Dahyun explained to Nayeon about Mina.

 

Dahyun : Mina unnie had dated Jinho before. They broke up, but Mina is still getting over him.

 

Nayeon acted surprised.

 

Nayeon : Really?!! And now, he's dating Momo?!! I'm gonna call her right now and tell her!

 

Me and Sky almost laughed at Nayeon's exaggeration. I felt bad for Mina, but it's too late to stop now. What came next surprised me.

 

Mina : No, don't!

 

Mina wasn't crying, but her eyes were definitely teary.

 

Mina : Momo unnie asked him out, didn't she? Don't tell her anything. Jinho has moved on too. They deserve to be happy.

Nayeon : Even so, you think he should be dating Momo?!!

Dahyun : Enough, Nayeon! Mina says she's okay with them dating! Leave it alone.

 

I was very happy to hear that Mina just wanted me to be happy, but I wish things could be different between us right now. I looked at Momo and asked her for a favor.

 

Jinho : Momo, don't exaggerate, okay? I don't think it's smart if you cry.

Momo : I know. It's okay.

 

After that, Momo was on standby. She was ready to enter the room.

 

Nayeon : I don't think I'll forgive Jinho for what he's doing now!

 

We were holding our laughter. Momo calmed down and regained her facial expression. Slowly, she entered the room.

 

Mina : Eh? Momo?

Nayeon : What happened with Jinho?

 

Momo made a sad face. She took a seat next to Mina.

 

Momo : Jinho said he still likes you. He couldn't go through with our date.

 

Mina was surprised to hear that. She quickly hugged Momo and comforted her.

 

Mina : I'm sorry. This is my fault. He told you everything?

Momo : He told me that you were the one that broke up with him.

 

Momo and Mina looked at each other. They appeared to begin getting emotional.

 

Mina : That's right. I broke up with him. I've been avoiding him since then.

Momo : Why did you hurt him?

 

She was surprised to hear Momo asking that. I was even more surprised as I told her not to exaggerate!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter