Chapter Four

How to Seduce Kris

How to Seduce Kris

Chapter Four
 
-3rd P.O.V-
 
He didn't know what was going through his head at that moment. He didn't know why he felt the way he did anymore. And the thing was that it wasn't the first time either. After the basketball game and random questions, even Kris himself wondered why he asked them, he walked back home but something was bothering him. Amber's words played in his head.
 
Why?
 
So what if she was starting to like Henry?
 
He wasn't such a bad guy. In fact he was expecting Amber to one day find some sort of affection towards Henry. He was so obvious about his feelings for her; hell Kris would've even let him date his best friend back then.
 
So what was it?
 
Kris let out a deep sigh before hearing a loud popping noise and went to check his cell phone. On his cover screen was his wallpaper of him and Amber from a long time ago trip they had went to with their families and a text from Jessica.
 
'Jessica: Oppa!~♥ I bought a new outfit for the game tomorrow! I'll be there to cheer you on!'
 
He didn't respond to it due to his lack of energy. Maybe because he just didn't want to. Maybe because he hasn't felt the same way about Jessica in a while? Sometimes he felt he was just with her for something he didn't want to admit it. Life was just too complicated.
 
»--------------«
 
Kris body was in a sluggish position as he dribbled the ball. To his right side he could see the school's cheerleading team and Jessica performing their same energetic routine. And to his left was the small group of friends he used to hang with a lot back then. In the group was Amber who was deeply focused into the game that she didn't even see when Ailee offered her a melting ice cream cone. It's not like he didn't want to hang out with them, just he couldn't.
 
The crowd roared when he aimed the ball inside the basket earning a quick score for the team. He could hear Amber yelling in the background, encouraging the team and it made him chuckle. Same Amber. It was weird sometimes. When the crowd cheers so loudly, his ears could still pick up Amber's voice. His ears could still hand pick her voice and hers alone, none of his exes or Jessica could even do that. Sometimes Kris found it strange, other times he found himself liking it.
 
Once the game had ended, Jessica was bragging about how her boyfriend was amazing at basketball and how the team would be nothing without him to her cheer mates with Kris by her side. He had no problem with his girlfriend taking pride in him but sometimes it was too much.
 
"Kris!" Kris looked up and saw Amber calling at him then saw Henry bit by bit stand next to her. Kris never used to be so bothered by it, so why now? Maybe because she was wearing those short shorts again that showed her legs even more. But even with that, that still didn't mean any reason to be so annoyed by Henry presence.
 
"Good game." Amber smiled cheekily and Henry repeated in his own words while he took in Amber's smile "Yeah good game man." For some reason it took Kris a lot to keep himself from telling Henry to look away from her. "Yeah thanks." Kris fake smiled, avoiding Henry stares. He knew Kris didn't want to see him right then.
 
Jessica let out a sudden cough, warning the three of her existence too. "Oh yeah I'm going with Jessica and the team to celebrate. Wanna come Amb-" Henry cut him off "She's going with us and the group to a restaurant." Amber nodded her head and Jessica waved a goodbye to the two even though they didn't say that they were leaving just yet. Jessica reached for my hand and pulled me closer to her while grinning at Amber as she left with Henry. Amber looked frustrated at us but began to laugh when Henry said some corny joke. A corny joke Kris didn't like even though he didn't catch it.
 
»--------------«
 
-Amber's P.O.V-
 
"Ailee it's been more than a week since I've done this and still see no improvement with my situation with Kris." I moped, which is something I rarely do considering how casual and upbeat I usually am. After school Ailee insisted for me to come over to watch a movie when in reality it was to talk about her plan.
 
Ailee wrinkles on her forehead were visible as she tried figuring out what I should do next. "You're right. Dressing girly was shocking to others but not nothing really to Kris, at least in a seductive way."
 
"So what now?" I asked. "We'll just need to find a way to get Kris to be a bit more interested. What's the word? Jealous. He needs to have a little green in his days."
 
"What do you even mean?" I asked vaguely curious, just because Ailee comes up with the most randomness ideas. Just like the one to dress me as a girl. "You know how you get bothered when Kris gets a girlfriend? Well to get Kris jealous, you need to have a?"
 
"Boyfriend?"
 
"Bingo!" She shouted. How on earth was I going to get a temporary boyfriend? I can't even get my male best friend to even like me. How was I going to get another guy to? "And just who would be my boyfriend Ailee?"
 
Ailee lips curled into a divaish smirk "Easy, just leave it to me. I have just the guy who would say yes." I raised an eyebrow at her "Do I at least know the guy?"
 
"Maybe."
 
"Oh god if it's Eric I swear I'll-"Ailee snorted "I said I was going to help you, not make you fail. Besides he's off limits for a while. Just be sure to say yes to who it is." I elbowed her and started to about Eric.
 
"Yah! Stop it or I'll won't help you!"
 
»--------------«
 
- 3rd P.O.V-
 
After Amber left, Ailee sat down and held her cellphone for a while. Who would she call? Ailee thought about Kevin, a senior from another school, who they were all friends with but everyone knew he was gay. Can't really lie and say he ended up turning straight. Eric wasn't even a consideration, well just because.
 
Henry?
 
Amber would probably hate her if she asked him and Ailee really didn't want to end such a good friendship.
She let out a frustrated groan as she fell on her bed. Why couldn't Kris just notice Amber feelings?! Playing cupid was harder than she initially thought. She messed with her phone and looked through her contact list again.
 
»--------------«
 
It was the next day and Amber couldn't go to school because she had to do something with her sister Jackie and her mom. Ailee was still left wondering just who could play as Amber's fake boyfriend. She let out a sigh, no longer interested in her school work. Usually Ailee loved playing cupid but she was starting to think maybe it was too much. Then she saw a paper land on the floor, next to her feet.
 
Ailee looked behind and saw Henry eying the paper to let her know he wanted her to pick it up. So she did.
 
'Amber didn't lose a bet, did she?'
 
'What are you talking about? She did.' She lightly tossed it behind herself.
 
'Come on. I believed it at first but now I don't. Just tell me.'
 
Ailee groaned but wrote for him to meet her up after school at the main exit and dropped it to the floor. Amber shouldn't be too mad at her for telling Henry right? He was practically her other best friend. A best friend who liked her back.
 
The day dragged by before the school bell rang to announce school had ended. Ailee waited for Henry to come but instead saw Kris walking her way. "Hey um Kris?" He gave a small wave and asked "Where's Amber?" "She's wasn't here cause she had to do something. You could've texted her or something instead of asking me. Anyways what's up?"
 
"Uh never mind. I'll just wait tomorrow." He mumbled and turned around to walk back to Jessica, who was waiting by his car. Henry happened to be walking and accidentally bumped into Kris. "Sorry!" Henry apologized but Kris ignored it and continued walking. He wasn't as rude as he seems but something lately had been ticking him off. Henry happened to be one of those reasons.
 
"What did he want?" Henry asked Ailee while the two stared back at Kris and Jessica. "Amber." His mouth opened but closed for a split second. "So can you tell me what's up?" Ailee sighed "Look. If I tell you this, don't mention it to Amber until I do ok?" Henry nodded his head.
 
"Amber likes Kris." It wasn't much of a shocker to him. He already had a feeling she did but it still didn't mean it messed with his feelings for Amber as well. It being the second choice or friend zoned. "Kinda figured but what's with the sudden change?" "I created a plan."
 
"A plan?" He raised an eyebrow at me. "To seduce Kris." Henry's eyes widened as he screamed "Yah! You didn't need to do that!" Ailee motioned for him to shut up before continuing "Look. Amber agreed to the plan too, it wasn't just me who told her to. Anyway it kinda backfired. Kris doesn't seem to bother by the sudden changes. So I thought of a backup." Ailee bit her lip.
 
"Just say it." "I told her about getting someone to be her fake boyfriend to make Kris jealous." Henry rolled his eyes "There's others ways to Ailee. So what does that have to do with-" He stopped for a moment and questioned "you want me to be the fake boyfriend?" "You'll make it look real Henry, besides I know you already like her. But you don't have too. I can always ask that one freshman, Jackson, to do it instead. "
 
"No no. I'll do it. But it doesn't guarantee I'm not going to try to take Amber away. If Kris doesn't do anything then I will."
 
"I can't tell if I should be proud of you or feel guilty for making you do this."
 
"Only guilty if Amber doesn't stay with either of us."
 
»--------------«
 
AN: So I'm back with an update! Sorry I've been really really busy with school & haven't been in the best conditions but that doesn't matter at this point.
 
So we finally got to know a portion of how Kris feels & the fact that he's in a confused state. What you guys think about Henry willing to play as the fake boyfriend? Will Amber find herself stuck between the two?
 
Thank you guys so much for 1k reads already!