Chapter 5

Sin of Egoism

안녕 readers! I'm back with another chapter! I hope you enjoy this one, I've noticed its a bit short than the most. Most of them are like 4,000-ish words but this one has 3,000-ish words. It's almost 4,000 but...Yeah. I can't believe I actually look at that o.o...oh well! Read on!

 

 

Not everyone was paying attention to the lecture, there were those who were staring out of the window watching the birds as they flew past. Others were talking to their friends about what they were going to do when the class ended in a few minutes. One of these people happened to be JaeJoong, he was whispering to Yunho about going shopping, Yunho was telling him that Yoochun and Junsu have a test to study for so they couldn't come. Changmin, who was listening to the conversation, leaned over from his seat behind them and tapped on JaeJoong's shoulder.

"I can't make it, sorry. Yunho can go with you though." Changmin poked Yunho's shoulder with his pen. Yunho nodded and told the younger to sit back down. Changmin obeyed, taking his seat and paying attention to the professor as he finished up his lecture. At least JaeJoong wouldn't be alone when he shopped, shopping alone was never fun. He turned to the professor, trying to pay attention to what he was saying but he saw white in the corner of his eye that made him turn his head to the source of the color. It was a hat, a white hat with small hamster ears on it. The owner of the hat was none other than EunJi, she had her head down, sleeping apparently. He couldn't help but smile as he watched her, her shoulders easing up and down signifying she was asleep.

"Must've had a rough night." JaeJoong mumbled to himself. He wondered what kind of homework she did, or did she just say that to avoid hanging out with him. The good news was those jerks weren't following her around anymore but the bad news, rumors about JaeJoong and EunJi dating were going around, this time though, a lot of people believed them. JaeJoong didn't mind as much as he thought he would.

"So the rumors are true?" That was Yunho, you could hear the smirk in his voice. It didn't bother JaeJoong though, he turned to Yunho, resting his head on his shoulder. He sighed.

"I wasn't staring at her. She has a nice hat."

Yunho scoffed and pet the older's soft hair, the older practically purring. "Sure it is."

JaeJoong sighed shutting his eyes. "It is. Hamster ears are adorable." JaeJoong responded, he jumped in his seat when the bell rung signifying class was over. He wasn't the only one who jumped, EunJi had been woken up by the loud ringing of the bell, she looked around the room rubbing the back of her neck, trying to figure out where she was. When it dawned on her that she was in class, she yawned and gathered her stuff heading to the door.

Changmin tapped Yunho on the shoulder, pointing to EunJi he winked and gave JaeJoong a soft punch on the shoulder, mumbling a quick goodbye then quickly walking out of the classroom before the elder could hit him back. Yunho wasn't going to let this opportunity pass by, he pushed JaeJoong's head off his shoulder, causing him to grumble. "EunJi!" JaeJoong stiffened when Yunho called her, he glared at Yunho, his eyebrow twitching slightly. Yunho wanted him to suffer, it was obvious now.

EunJi looked in their direction, looking confused then she made her way towards the two, her backpack slung over her shoulders. "Hi JaeJoong." She turned to Yunho. "You must be Yunho?" That's right. This was her first time meeting Yunho. JaeJoong mumbled a quick hello then stood up, stretching his arms and back as he did so.

"That's me. I was sick so I couldn't meet you yesterday." Yunho said holding out his hand for a handshake. EunJi quickly shook his hand, her hazel eyes landed on JaeJoong. He was putting his backpack on, carrying Yunho's as well.

"Well, I'd love to stay but I have some work to do. I'll see you two later." She said and gave a quick wave then turned around and exited. Yunho nodded, looking much like a scientist thinking up a hypothesis for a problem. 

"Interesting." He said. "Very interesting."

JaeJoong tugged on his sleeve, dragging him towards the exit of the classroom. He didn't want to be in this stuffy class for long, now was the time for shopping!

---------------------

"Red or black?" JaeJoong held up the different types of shirts, looking at them in the mirror as he did so. The red one looked fancy and made him look kinda y (at least that's what Yunho said) while the black one made him look like, according to Yunho, a really hot bad boy. Honestly, JaeJoong didn't mind which one, they were both stylish and more along his type of shirts, either would be fine.

"Go for black. y but not too y, some thing that screams bad boy but not jerk." Yunho grabbed the red shirt putting it back on the rack. JaeJoong chuckled and handed Yunho the black shirt.

"You carry it, I need to shop more~" JaeJoong said in a sing song voice then left Yunho for the shoes but Yunho ended up following him, He wasn't going to buy anything unless he saw something he really wanted and if he didn't have the money to pay for it, well that's what JaeJoong was for.

"Umma, let's get couple shirts!" Yunho called out as he passed by some couple t-shirts. JaeJoong put down a pair of shoes he was looking at and walked over to Yunho. JaeJoong liked it when his friends called him Umma, he found it cute and appropriate for him because it was true, he fussed over them, cooked for them, took care of them, and even bought clothes for them.

"Couple shirts?" JaeJoong said looking at the different kinds. "Me and you? Your gonna make the rumors start again, remember the infamous YunJae incident?" Ah yes, how could they forget. There was a time when people actually thought JaeJoong was gay for Yunho and vise versa, they had got into quite a predicament and there were even those fan girls that they had who shipped them hardcore. JaeJoong found it interesting and cute but that rumor faded because JaeJoong ceased showing a lot of affection for Yunho in public. He still did but not as much even though sometimes he wanted to squeeze Yunho in his arms and kiss his cheeks for being so cute.

"Your point..?" Yunho answered without looking at JaeJoong, he was picking out a couple t-shirt perfect for them. JaeJoong sighed, he wasn't going to get anywhere with him. Whatever. If the rumors started again, who cares. Let them talk.

"Fine. Meet me by the shoes okay?" Yunho nodded looking through the racks with newfound excitement. 

JaeJoong walked away, leaving a happy Yunho to bicker to himself about what shirt to get. There were a different variety of shows, so many to choose from.

"Excuse me sir?" JaeJoong turned to the voice, an elderly women stood there with a gentle smile aimed at him. "Do you need any help?" She asked kindly. JaeJoong nodded and picked up a black and white shoe then some black boots, he held them up.

"Which shoes would look better on me. Please, be honest." The elderly women studied both shoes then pointed to the black combat boots.

"Your hair. It matches." She answered, JaeJoong nodded and put down the black and white shoe. He bowed to the woman thanking her for her help.

"Umma! Umma! I found our coupe shirts!"

Damn! Why does Yunho always come at the wrong times?! Yunho was practically bouncing on his feet, holding up the shirts he had picked out. When he noticed the elderly women staring at him with an odd expression, he chucked and bowed. "Annyeong haseyo." He said politely. The woman nodded and awkwardly walked away, Yunho turned to JaeJoong blushing a light pink. "Do you think she thinks we're-"

"I wouldn't doubt it." JaeJoong interrupted and took the shirts along with the black combat boots. "Aish, the stress you cause me." JaeJoong mumbled but they both knew that was false, if anything Yunho was one of the causes for his happiness.

After paying for the clothes and shoes, JaeJoong and Yunho made their way to a nearby restaurant. Taking their seats then ordering, Yunho decided to take the time to look at JaeJoong's shoes, admiring them and saying how it screamed "JaeJoong." JaeJoong only laughed and put the shoes away, the food arrived and they quickly dug in talking about how boring their classes were as they ate. The subject made Yunho think of EunJi.

"Do you like EunJi?"

The question was unexpected and caused JaeJoong to choke on his rice. Yunho stared at him, letting him choke it out and slowly pushing the glass of water towards JaeJoong. He would've gave him some of his coke but there was one problem; JaeJoong didn't drink coke. JaeJoong finally stopped choking, drinking the water. He wiped his lips with a napkin and cleared his throat.

"EunJi?" He questioned, his voice cracking from choking. Yunho nodded.

"Yeah, Changmin was telling me all about you and EunJi. You like her...right?" JaeJoong didn't answer, mainly because he want sure. He felt something for her, it was like a spark but no real love. JaeJoong shrugged, picking at his food.

"I don't know. I don't really feel anything for her." JaeJoong answered, Yunho nodded and drank some of his coke.

"I see." He said and decided to change the subject, deciding to talk about the couple t-shirts instead. They talked about what pants to wear, how to style their hair, what accessories to wear. It brought on the subject of dying each other's hair.

"Dye your hair brown. You'd look good in brown hair." Yunho advised, finishing the last of his food.

"Brown hair?" It was a good idea, JaeJoong always liked brown hair. "I think I will. Let's go tomorrow yeah?" Yunho nodded, grinning at his friend. He took out the couple shirts and told JaeJoong that it would be a great idea to wear the couple shirts tomorrow so that they could both walk out with brown hair, styled and looking fashionable. JaeJoong agreed, it would be fun to match tomorrow. The brown hair might even make JaeJoong look cuter than be already was.

------------------------

"Where are you?" Changmin tapped his foot on the ground impatiently, glancing at his watch every now and then. Junsu had messaged him saying to meet him in a few minutes, Changmin agreed not really caring why he wanted to speak to him. Changmin had been waiting in front of the bench near the park for twenty minutes though, and he was getting tired. There was a vibration in his pocket, Changmin knew it was Junsu, who else would it be? He took out his phone from his pocket and unlocked his screen revealing a call from Junsu. He answered.

"Hyung?!" Changmin snapped, looking around the area lance more. There was a nervous chuckle on the other side before Junsu spoke up.

"Sorry about that Minnie. You can go home now."

Changmin's face dropped, his fist clenched on his side. "What do you mean?" Every word was hissed out. Had he been waiting out here for nothing?! He stopped studying for nothing?!

"Yoochun came over not too long ago, I was gonna ask if you could help with something but Yoochun volunteered. Isn't he sweet? Oh! I have to go! Bye!~" the line went dead leaving a very frustrated Changmin to stomp all the way back to his apartment, grumbling to himself the entire way. His grumbling stopped when be spotted a familiar face in the distance. It was EunJi, she bad just come out of a store Changmin never knew existed. She had a bag in her hand and was currently putting on some shades. Changmin followed her from a distance, he had a question to ask her.

It seems she was heading back to her apartment, Changmin didn't want to be a stalker and know where she lived so he ran up to her, tapping on her shoulder. He flinched as she turned around so quick, it looked like she was gonna flip him over. In fact, she almost did, she had dropped the bag and got in what looked like a fighting stance. When she saw Changmin, she furrowed her eyebrows and rubbed the back of her neck, straightening her back and grabbing her bag from the ground.

"Changmin? Don't scare me." She chuckled, Changmin nodded and looked at the bag in her hand.

"Shopping?" He asked but she seemed hesitant to answer. She nodded slowly, hiding the bag behind her. 

"Sort of." EunJi turned around beginning to walk, Changmin followed, walking next to her. "Why aren't you with Junsu or Yoochun or Yunho?"

"JaeJoong." EunJi blinked, looking away. Changmin caught the slight shade of pink on her cheek. There was no doubt, she probably liked JaeJoong.

"Yeah, him too...did they ditch you?" Changmin's eyebrow twitched in irritation. He was reminded of Junsu and him making poor Changmin wait outside for twenty minutes. And for what? Nothing.

"Yeah actually. I did, Junsu was supposed to meet me at the park but he didn't come. I was waiting for twenty minutes!"

EunJi giggled softly. "Twenty minutes isn't that long, at least you weren't there for and hour or two." But Changmin shook his head. 

"It is if your hungry and tired!" EunJi nodded, now understanding why he seemed so tense and angry. Quickly glancing around she spotted a food stand. Since Changmin was a friend, she decided to treat him.

"I'll buy you anything you want at that food stand. Just say it and I'll buy it." It seemed to do the trick because Changmin was already smiling. He nodded, wanting to get something to eat before his stomach began to growl at him like an angry lion.

The two made their way to the food stand, admiring the different kinds of food they served. Changmin pointed to a couple of the items, looking at EunJi for approval, she nodded and laughed when Changmin gathered them. EunJi paid for the food Changmin had gotten then they both began to walk again, it was then that Changmin remembered his question for her.

"Noona?"

EunJi smiled and faced Changmin. She hummed, waiting for the younger to speak. 

"Can I ask you some thing kind of personal...it's not a creepy question but it's a question that's been bugging me since I first met you."

EunJi nodded, she would be happy to answer any question he threw at her. "Go ahead."

"Do you like JaeJoong? Like...have feelings for him?"

Okay so maybe she wasn't ready to answer ALL of his questions. Least of all this one, she kind of wanted to forget she knew JaeJoong. For certain reasons she would not share with anyone. It was better that way. Changmin was staring at her, it was then that she realized she stopped walking and was standing in the middle of the sidewalk, zoning out in her own thoughts. Changmin waved his hand in front of her face, she blinked and began to walk again, her cheeks flushed from embarrassment. 

"JaeJoong...? Why would you ask that?"

" Well...you two just seem like a good couple. I'm sorry, it was stupid to ask." Changmin stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking at the concrete. Maybe he was wrong?

"It's okay. I was just a little shocked, I didn't mean to make the impression that I liked JaeJoong like that...he's just a friend." EunJi placed a hand on his shoulder, causing the other to look up. He nodded, a silence came over the two as they walked down the sidewalk.

"So...what's really in the bag?" EunJi laughed, looking at the bad, she sighed. "It's...well if you want to see I have to show you some other time. It can't be out in public." Strange. Why couldn't she show it out in public? It's not like it was drugs. But what if it was? But EunJi didn't seem like a he smoked, she didn't even look like she drank. She looked innocent and so nice, there was no way. So then...what was it?

"Can you show me at your apartment? I'm curious now." Changmin admitted tilting his head to the side slightly. EunJi bit her lower lip, she seemed to be thinking. Contemplating whether or not to show him, she glanced again him then nodded. Changmin smiled and tugged on her arm. "Lets go then. I have to study still."

--------------------

He didn't know what to expect. He had thought of drugs, clothes, and technology...but this? No. He didn't expect it at all from her.

EunJi had been reluctant but she pulled out the contents of the bag, it was a white box. Nothing out of the ordinary, then she opened the box. Changmin's eyes widened. It was a handgun. A real handgun. What was she doing with a handgun?!

"EunJi...?"

EunJi put the gun down on the table, bringing out some rounds and a silencer from the bag. "Surprised?" Changmin nodded, staring at the handgun. He rubbed his eyes, just in case he was seeing things.

"Why?" Was the only question he could think of at the moment.

"It's just for defense." She said putting the silencer on the gun then carefully putting it know the bag, the rounds joined a few seconds later. "It's dangerous out there." Some thing about that statement made her sound...experienced, if that made sense. Like she knew what she was talking about, it kind of scared Changmin.

"It is." Changmin cleared his throat, standing up from his seat and fixing his shirt. "Well...I should be going. Thanks for showing me. It was interesting." EunJi nodded and stood up to walk him to the door, Changmin gave her a quick hug before stepping out, he stopped for a brief second then turned around.

"You should hang out with us. The guys love you, trust me." And then he left. EunJi smiled and closed her door, leaning against it. She looked at the bag on the table that had the gun in it. She shouldn't have shown Changmin, but she trusted him. Her big question now, was to find out where to hide the gun.

 

 

I have a few things to say, regarding this fanfic...It's not what you think it is. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It may or may not surprise you but I am hinting about what's kind of going on... Who sees it? Lolz. The next chapter will be up on Wednesday but until then, I love you all! :) See ya!~

Jong_Outof_Hope~