Chapter 4

Sin of Egoism

안녕. So I've decided that updating once a week, is way to boring. It got no jams! So I decided to update every Wednesday and Friday. I don't know if that's good news but I don't want every one to wait too long. Enjoy!

 

Unbelievable. It was simply unbelievable how well EunJi got along with everyone, they seemed to already be relaxed with each other. Already they were laughing and sharing embarrassing stories to each other. 

"You guys, I'm hungry." Changmin spoke up, his head was rested on the table as they awaited their food. EunJi gave the younger a pat on the back, she was hungry as well but the look on Changmin's face was pitiful. He truly looked like he was really hungry.

"Aish this kid! He's always hungry! Always!" Yoochun raked his hand through his hair, ignoring the glare Changmin was giving him. Not that it intimidated him, the younger couldn't disrespect his hyungs even if he wanted to. Though sometimes he was scary.

"Aw, but he looks so...out of it. Don't worry Changmin, we ordered already so it should be over in a few minutes."

Easy for her to say, Changmin could feel his stomach begging for food, he turned to JaeJoong, a pleading look in his eyes. But the elder only shrugged and ruffled Changmin's hair. The younger, facing the fact that he would have to wait, put his head down on the table and sighed. Underneath the table, Junsu's foot bumped into JaeJoong's foot. By accident or on purpose, JaeJoong couldn't say but just to make sure the other wasn't playing with him, he kicked back.

"Ow! JaeJoong Umma! What was that for?!" Junsu gave JaeJoong his pouty lips, his eyebrows slightly furrowed. JaeJoong blinked looking around then pointing to himself, attempting to pull off the innocent act. How did Junsu know it was him anyways? It could've been Changmin or Yoochun. The innocent act worked because Junsu blinked, looking bashful suddenly. He scratched the back of his head, looking at the table. EunJi shrugged when Yunsu turned to her, she was surprised at the fact that he just called JaeJoong an Umma. If JaeJoong was the Umma, who was the appa?

"Oh. Sorry JaeJoong Umma, I thought you did that...Changmin! Stop kicking me! Respect your hyung!" Junsu snapped his finger at the younger who didn't seem to be listening...at all. In fact, he wasn't moving either, just laying his head on the table, his hair covering his face. "Changmin?" Junsu said, his voice faltering, now suddenly worried for the younger who wasn't responding. What if he passed put from lack of food?! Junsu turned to JaeJoong, JaeJoong sighed and leaned towards Changmin.

"Yah, Changmin?" JaeJoong said softly, his hand resting on the younger's shoulder. He gave Changmin a gentle shake but it didn't do much, Yoochun, who was watching the entire thing, sighed and leaned forward from his seat, examining the younger.

"Yup." Yoochun sat back, a bored expression on his face. "He's asleep." A murmur of soft laughter spread throughout them, Junsu scoot closer to the youngest and began run his fingers through his hair, soothing him as he slept. EunJi smiled at the affection, they really were family. It would be a pity to spilt them up, She felt like none of them would be the same without each other. They'd probably do anything for each other.

"So EunJi, why did you come to South Korea? I mean, Yoochun here, he lived in ia for some time and from what he tells us, it's amazing over there." JaeJoong decided to ask, the question had been bothering him since she left his apartment that day, maybe she could give him some answers. Hazel eyes seemed to zone out for a moment before she blinked and rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "Oh." Something about her tone didn't seem right. She seemed unsure of some thing, every one at the table could tell she was holding some thing back. EunJi scooted her chair closer to the table, her hands coming to rest on the white table. So many thoughts and memories were going through her mind now because of that question, she tried her best not to zone out. "It is great over there but...I prefer here. Besides it's my birth place, I missed it, even though I don't remember it." She chuckled, not bothering to look at anyone. It only brought suspicion about her. JaeJoong rest his chin on his palm, his eyes watching her. He noticed how she didn't make eye contact with anyone, how she wanted to hide away, how uncomfortable she looked. There was definitely some thing off about this kid.

"Hey kid." All eyes went to JaeJoong, the older offered a gentle smile to EunJi. She met gazes with him only to look away a few moments after. "If it's to personal we can skip the question." She didn't answer which, in a way, was an answer that said to change the subject. So be it.

"So, did anyone call Yunho?" Junsu spoke up, he hands still massaging Changmin's scalp as the younger continued to sleep, Junsu had switched Changmin's position and the younger was now leaning against Junsu's shoulder. JaeJoong nodded and sat back, stretching his arms.

"I did. He is sick. After we're done here he asked if we could go visit him and bring him lunch, he's pretty hungry."

"What does he want to eat?" Yoochun asked looking from Junsu to JaeJoong. Junsu shrugged but JaeJoong seemed entirely focused as he sat forward, his head tilted towards the ceiling as if in deep thought. After a few moments of silence, JaeJoong noddee to himself, clapping his hands. 

"Bulgogi. We all like Bulgogi right?" Junsu and Yoochun nodded, watching as the older took out his cell phone, probably to text Yunho about the food he was going to buy for him.

"So EunJi.." Yoochun turned to the girl, she smiled at him secretly enjoying how motherly JaeJoong was being. And here she thought JaeJoong was one of those tuff boys who cared little to nothing for others. Was she proven wrong. "Do you have a boyfriend?" The question was heard loud and clear by JaeJoong, the elder grabbed a napkin from the napkin dispenser, crumpled it in a ball, and threw it at Yoochun. The napkin ball hit it's target on the cheek, causing the victim to flinch. 

EunJi laughed and shook her head. "No, there's no one who actually interests me at the moment, besides, I'm better off alone." She answered, her tone becoming more softer as she continued. At that moment, the waitress came over and dropped off their food, Junsu gently shook Changmin, waking him up. Changmin looked around, blinking then rubbing his eyes. When he opened them, his gaze landed in the food and in a second he was fully awake. 

"Can we eat?" Changmin asked grabbing his plate from the tray, JaeJoong nodded and Changmin dug in. Junsu took his time as he grabbed his own plate and set it in front of him, He didn't bother to scoot away from Changmin, the younger didn't seem to mind anyways. He was too engulfed in his food, enjoying the taste.

"Hurry up and eat you guys. Yunho is waiting." JaeJoong said handing Yoochun his plate then giving EunJi hers and finally getting his own. 

-------------------------

EunJi had decided not to go with them because she had some homework to do for college. Everyone understood and they departed their ways, JaeJoong would often cast a glance back at her to see if she would change her mind. He wouldn't mind having her around, she was a pretty decent person. One of the nicest girls he had met.

When the four got to Yunho's apartment, JaeJoong got out his spare key that Yunho had given him a year ago. Them being best friends, they considered their homes each other's, not minding if they made surprise visits. In fact, it was welcomed, they loved spending time with each other. JaeJoong quickly opened the door, letting everyone in. Changmin was holding the food they had bought for them and went to drop it off in the kitchen. It wasn't until JaeJoong closed and locked the door that he heard Yunho's voice, it sounded scratchy because of the sore throat he was probably suffering from. Poor kid.

"I'm here Yunho. Everyone else is here to."

The four of them entered Yunho's bedroom, it was a mess, everyone but JaeJoong didn't mind, they stepped over the piles of clothes and the fallen items, making their way to the bed, a large lump underneath the covers.

"Yunho?" JaeJoong crawled on the bed throwing a discarded shirt, that lay near him, off of the bed. Yunho didn't seem to mind as JaeJoong slowly pulled down the covers, revealing a shirtless Yunho. Yunho was covered in a coat of sweat, his nose red, and his hair messy (though it still made him look good).

"Yoochun can you go get the food from the kitchen?" JaeJoong asked as he placed a hand on Yunho's forehead, feeling the heat radiate off of the skin. Yunho let out a sniffle and opened his eyes that had been closed up until now. He stared up at JaeJoong, a smile forming on his lips. Yoochun grabbed a hold of Junsu's arm, dragging him with him to the kitchen.

"Hi Hyung." Changmin climbed onto the bed, laying his head on Yunho's legs. Yunho lifted his head to look at Changmin, the younger smiled at him. JaeJoong sat up, Yunho watched the older and when he was sitting up Yunho felt JaeJoong shift him to where he was resting his head on his lap. Yunho smiled and closed his eyes, enjoying his new pillow.

"What did I miss?" Yunho asked quietly. JaeJoong began to run his fingers through Yunho's hair, enjoying how soft it was.

"Notes, notes, and more notes. But I'll let you see my notes so you don't have to go through the hassle of retrieving them from anyone else...like Changmin." Changmin frowned at his hyung and shifted himself to make himself more comfortable while still resting his head on Yunho's legs. Yoochun and Junsu walked in with the food, they sat on the bed and opened the container, a puff of steam coming from the container filling the room with the smell of Bulgogi.

"Hyung? Can I...?" Changmin looked up at Yunho, Yunho nodded without opening his eyes. He knew what the younger wanted and he didn't mind, he wasn't that hungry anyways. Changmin gave let out a noise of triumph and excitement before snatching a piece of the delicious Bulgogi and stuffing it in his mouth, chewing it happily, he sat up to snatch yet another piece of meat. A glare was sent his way by JaeJoong, the younger was eating Yunho's food. Yunho might not get to eat if Changmin kept eating all of his food. But before he could protest, Yunho chuckled and curled closer to JaeJoong. 

"You guys can have some too...I'm not that hungry." Yunho breathed referring to Yoochun and Junsu. The two of them grinned at each other and began to grab a piece of meat, eating alongside Changmin who had his mouth stuffed with meat, his cheeks puffed up from the amount of meat in his mouth. Meanwhile, JaeJoong could feel the heat coming off of his best friend's sweaty skin, he reached for Yunho's heated hand, holding it in his own less heated hand, he gave Yunho a sympathetic smile, his other hand massaging his bare shoulder. To others this act would seem a bit odd, to hold another male's hand and lay them on your lap while massaging them. But to the five friends, it was normal. They were brothers, they showed love for one another, for them to act this way to one another showed how strong their friendship was. To them, this was normal.

"JaeJoong?" Yunho whispered, he sounded on the verge of sleep, the latter didn't bother to open his eyes, the sickness making him drowsy.  JaeJoong hummed in response, smiling when Yunho squeezed his hand. "My head hurts."

JaeJoong laughed and looked to Junsu, who had been watching the two while chewing on a piece of meat. Junsu nodded, already understanding what JaeJoong wanted him to get. He got up from the bed and head over to the bathroom to get some medicine and pills that would help with Yunho's  headache then he head to the kitchen to fetch a bottle of water for the pills. When he got back, he handed the supplies to JaeJoong, JaeJoong took it with his hand that was massaging Yunho's shoulder, placing the medicine on the drawer next to the bed. The bottle of water was placed beside JaeJoong. Junsu sat back on the bed, continuing to eat some of the Bulgogi with Changmin and Yoochun. 

With the help of JaeJoong, Yunho sat up, leaning against JaeJoong for support, the Umma gave him a pill and handed him the water bottle. With a thankful smile, Yunho popped the pill in his mouth then drank a fair amount of water, it wasn't a lot but it was enough to wash down the pills. JaeJoong took care as he lowered Yunho down back on his lap so he could rest, the other not resisting at all, easing into a comfortable position.

"Get some rest." JaeJoong said and rubbed Yunho's shoulders, trying to release some of the tension. One of his hands grabbed Yunho's hand again, rubbing small circles on his wrist with his thumb. Yunho nodded, his breathing slowly becoming more evened and relaxed as he began to fall asleep, his grip on JaeJoong's hand loosening. JaeJoong looked up at the others (who were still stuffing their faces), the Bulgogi was almost gone. "Yah!" JaeJoong snapped his fingers at the others making them jump up and look at JaeJoong with wide eyes. Luckily the sudden outburst didn't wake Yunho. "Stop eating his food!" JaeJoong scowled like the mother he was to them. Changmin, Yoochun, and Junsu nodded slowly, bowing their heads in shame.

"Is he asleep?" Asked Yoochun, referring to the now sleeping Yunho. JaeJoong nodded and made room for Yoochun to lay down. Yoochun crawled towards the spot, laying down beside JaeJoong, quickly pounding knowledge the pillow to make it more comfortable. Junsu and Changmin joined in, feeling tired, they laid in different spots. Changmin lay at the edge of the bed, his feet barely hanging off as he lay on his stomach, while Junsu rest curled up against JaeJoong's leg, his arms wrapped around JaeJoong's leg as if it were a pillow. JaeJoong rolled his eyes, reaching for the container that had the Bulgogi in it. It wasn't empty, but it wasn't full either. Yunho did say he wasn't hungry but what about when he woke up? JaeJoong made a mental note to cook a nice hot meal for Yunho when he was better. He placed the container on the drawer next to the medicine then leaned back against the bed board, resting his head on it. He watched his family fall asleep whether it be because they were worn out from eating, long boring lectures, or sickness. JaeJoong silently decided that when everyone (except Yunho) woke up, they were going to help him clean Yunho's room because the mess was beginning to get on JaeJoong's nerves. Too bad he couldn't clean it now, he had to be a pillow for Yunho. He didn't mind. With that last thought, JaeJoong began to drift to sleep, a smile on his lips as the darkness claimed him.

-----------------------

The cell phone that rest on the clear coffee table blinked in the darkness of the apartment, lighting the room to reveal a lone figure resting on the couch. On the third ring, a hand reached out and answered it.

"Yeobosayo?"

There was silence on the other line then came a slight chuckle. "EunYi?" A voice answered, sounding happy and relieved.

"Annyeong Umma. How are you?" Came the response.

"I'm doing fine, I'm calling to see how your doing in Seoul. Are you eating well?"

"I am eating well, Seoul is great and I already met some new people." The voice on the other end seemed to be pleased with the answer as they gave an approved hum. Silence followed afterwards but it didn't last for long as a sigh escaped the one holding the phone, EunYi is what the voice called her. "Umma. I'm not gonna look for him any more, I'm gonna lay low. Finish college and get a steady job."

The voice sounded tired worn out, obvious defeat in it as well. There was a long silence on the other line, obviously this answer wasn't expected and needed some time to process. But they didn't have time, so they would have to settle for what they had now.

"Okay." Was the answer. It sounded more forced than accepting but at the same time defeated. 

"Thanks Umma."

"Mm-Hm. I have to go but I'll call later. Remember to eat right and get plenty of sleep...and stay away from boys, Choi EunYi." EunYi couldn't help but laugh at that. She nodded even though she knew the person on the line couldn't see it.

"I will Umma and remember it's not Choi EunYi anymore, it's Kim EunJi." The voice on the other line laughed sweetly.

"Oh yes. I almost forgot, we'll then Kim EunJi, sleep well." EunJi shifted her position on the couch, laying on her side, The traces of her smile on her lips.

"I will. You to umma. Call you soon." Then she hung up, placing the phone back on the clear coffee table. 

EunJi laid on her back, staring at the ceiling, lost in her deep thoughts. Most of her thoughts focused on a certain person, a certain person with black hair. A certain person named Kim JaeJoong. What did he think of her? Was he thinking of her? These questions plagued her mind, she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep anytime soon, so she stared into the darkness, waiting for sleep to claim her so she could wake up to a new day. But it never came, for she also had deeper, darker, thoughts on her mind. Thoughts that weren't meant to be shared with friends or even family. They were past memories and not very good ones, but they stuck to her like glue and probably would for the rest of her life.

 

Alright!!! This chapter is done. Thank you for waiting, I hope you enjoy it. (Especially the YunJae scene XD I love them!) I mentioned this already but I'm a new comer when it comes to DBSK, I've known them close to a year. (Yes, I'm very late) but I'm obsessed with them. A lot of people are waiting for them to come back together as five...so am I. :) and I may not be an expert at DBSK (yet), but I can safely say that they truly are a family and I hope they are all doing well. I hope the Cassiopeias are doing okay as well, I know this fandom has gone through something that still effects them today. Don't worry Cassiopeias, our tears will be rewarded one day! :') Before I go, I want to thank those who commented and subscribed and upvoted. Your amazing! My silent readers, your amazing too! I love you all. Okay, I'm gonna go write the next chapter, bye 사랑해~

Always Keep The Faith!

Jong_Outof_Hope~