Chapter 6: Let Go

All Things Just Go Wrong

Minhyuk and Chorong went home by bus. They sat next to each other, but none of them said anything.

 

Soon Minhyuk fell asleep. Since the car kept moving, Minhyuk's head fell onto Chorong's shoulder. Feeling the sudden weight dropped onto her shoulder, Chorong turned her face towards her shoulder and found Minhyuk sleeping. Chorong held out a hand to hairs. But before her hand reached his hairs, she stopped and moved her hand back.

 

She was afraid that if she did something like that, she would not be willing to let him go.

 

Chorong then turned her face to the window and looked at the street view, trying to make herself distract.

 

After a while, Minhyuk woke up and found himself lying on Chorong's shoulder. He slowly turned his face towards Chorong and saw her looking out of the windows. She was so concentrated that she did not realise that he had woke up. Although Minhyuk can only see part of Chorong's face, he can clearly see her saddness and bitterness. Realising that he had stared at Chorong for a while, he quickly withdrew his eyes from her.

 

He was afraid that if he kept looking at her, he would not be able to keep his promise about being selfish for only one day.

 

 

 

11:57p.m. Both of them were standing in front of the door of Chorong's house. They just stood there facing each other without saying anything.

 

Three more minutes later, they had to turn everything back to the days before today.

 

Suddenly, Chorong plucked up the courage and took a step closer to Minhyuk. She tiptoed a little bit and kissed Minhyuk on his cheek.

 

"Thank you, Minhyuk. I am already satified that I have ever been together with you for one day." Chorong grinned. She finally grinned trueheartedly again. "Remember your promise. Treat Naeun well. We will be best friends forever." Then Chorong slowly turned away and walked into her house, leaving Minhyuk outside.

 

Minhyuk was too surprised that he could not move. He touched his cheek where Chorong just kissed him on, feeling the aftertaste of her kiss. When he saw Chorong went into her house and closed the door, he smiled bitterly.

 

"Chorong ah, do you know that doing this would make me not willing to leave you?"

 

 

 

In a place faraway to them, two people were hiding themselves behind a wall, watching what had just happened.

 

"Naeun ah," one of the two people said to the other one. "Now you should know that you can never get Minhyuk's heart, no matter how much effort you put."

 

Naeun was sobbing and listening to what the other girl said.

 

"Naeun ah, I don't mean to hurt you by bringing you out and following them for the whole day. I just want you to realise the truth. It's meaningless if you can get Minhyuk but not his heart. Why don't you just let go of him and let him find his true love?"

 

"Bomi ah, you said you love Chorong right? Why can you be so generous? Why don't you try to fight for her?" Naeun's voice was shaking because she was crying.

 

"Being their best friend since we were all young, I actually knew that they had fallen in love with each other for a long time, but the two of them didn't realise that. If they have been in love with each other for such a long time, it's hard to change their feelings, and it's meaningless to fight for something you can never get." Bomi smiled. "After all, I just want the person I loved to be happy and that's all. Naeun ah, it's not wrong for being selfish. But if your selfishness would hurt others without bringing you any benefit, that's just stupid. It's not too late if you can realise this and try to let go. Everything can then be directed to the right direction again."

 

 

 

"We haven't sat together here like this for quite a long period of time, have we?" Bomi said after she took a sip of her green tea.

 

It was true. The four of them had not sat together in the open-air cafe like this since Minhyuk and Naeun got together. Chorong felt awkward to face Minhyuk and Naeun, so she always avoided seeing them. But now, Chorong had already got over the fact that Minhyuk and Naeun had got together. She was no longer afraid of meeting them again. Therefore, all four of them can finally gather again.

 

The four of them just chatted and laughed, like how they got along with one another before. 

 

Soon they finished their food and drinks. And after Naeun took the last sip of her latte, she glanced at Bomi. Bomi slightly nodded and said, "I would like to go to the washroom. You three just stay here and wait for me."

 

Seeing Bomi left, Naeun closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Then she opened her eyes again, which was filled with determination.

 

"In fact, I wanted to tell you something." She looked at both Minhyuk and Chorong's eyes and continued, "I am going to study in England very soon. I will probably leave next month."

 

Minhyuk and Chorong were completely shocked. They had never heard Naeun said that she would like to study aboard. This news was just too sudden for them.

 

"I know that you two must be curious. Actually, my parents always want me to study aboard, but I didn't want to leave, because of someone."Naeun took a look at Minhyuk as she said that. "But now I think I can go now." She smiled, then she took Minhyuk's hand and put it on Chorong's. "Minhyuk ah, please take good care of Chorong. If you hurt her, I will not let you off, even though I am your ex-girlfriend."

 

"Ex-girlfriend? Naeun ah, what do you mean?" Minhyuk looked at Naeun, Feeling uncertain.

 

"Yah Lee Minhyuk! I think I had expressed in a clear way that I am breaking up with you now!!" Naeun looked at Minhyuk with a discontent expression on her face. Of course, she was just acting to be discontent. She laughed as she saw their faces which were full of surprise. "Actually, I know that you two had fallen in love with each other for a long time, but you two were just too slow on the uptake. Chorong ah, please forgive me for my selfishness before. And Minhyuk ah, please be smarter to be able to distinguish between love and admiration."

 

"Yah Son Naeun!!" Minhyuk raised his other hand and tried to hit Naeun's head, but his hand was stopped by Naeun.

 

"Save your energy for protecting Chorong in the future!" Naeun put Minhyuk's hand back onto the table. "You two must be happy together forever. Otherwise, I will feel guilty." She stared at Minhyuk and Chorong's eyes seriously.

 

"What are you guys talking about?" Bomi asked as she finally came back.

 

"Bomi ah," Naeun stood up and picked up her things immediately when she saw Bomi back. "Can you go shopping with me to buy something for going to England?"

 

"Sure!" Bomi then picked up her things as well.

 

"We can also help..."

 

"NO WAY Chorong ah! Today is you two's first dating and you should enjoy it! Let Bomi go with me is enough." Naeun pulled Bomi and left immediately, not even letting them reply.

 

Minhyuk and Chorong looked at the view of Naeun and Bomi's back until they got out of the cafe's door. Then they looked at each other and smiled.

 

"Chorong ah," Minhyuk held Chorong's hand tightly. "I won't let you go this time."

 

"Minhyuk ah, are you smart enough now to be sure that your feeling towards me is love, not admiration?" Chorong laughed. She finally got a chance to tease Minhyuk!

 

"I am pretty sure, because I don't think you have something that worth admiration." Minhyuk teased Chorong in return.

 

"Yah Lee Minhyuk! You are so annoying! You..."

 

Before Chorong can continue expressing her dissatisfication towards Minhyuk, she was forced to stop because Minhyuk's lips was covered on hers.

 

After a while, Minhyuk moved away and Chorong blushed.

 

"If you say anything that I don't want to listen in the future, I will just punish you in the same way." Seeing Chorong's face turning red, Minhyuk felt satisfied.

 

"Yah Lee Minhyuk! You are such a rogue..."

 

"Do you want to try again?" Minhyuk's face got closer to Chorong's again. Chorong's face got more red and she turned her face away, not replying to Minhyuk.

 

"Fine Chorong ah, don't be angry." Minhyuk stretched his hand on Chorong's shoulder and pulled her closer to himself. "We promised Naeun to be happy, right?"

 

Minhyuk looked up at the sky and Chorong followed. The sky was blue and the sun was shining bright. The weather was so nice that seemed to be a kind of bless towards their love.

 

"We will be happy. I am sure."

 

********************************************************************************************************************************

The story finally comes to an end!!

I hope all of you have enjoyed this story and loved this story:)

I will keep writing short stories, probably Minrong's, when I have new ideas.

Thank you for all your support!!:)