Chapter 3: Son Naeun

All Things Just Go Wrong

"Goddess", "dream girl", "princess', "angel"... I had heard of so many nicknames of me from all boys around me. I knew that I had a "perfect" appearance. as described by all boys I met. I was not trying to be arrogant. Actually, my so called "perfect" face brought me quite a lot of trouble.

 

Everytime when I met some boys and talked to them, they just kept staring at me in a way that made me feel inconvenient. Therefore, I hated to talk to boys. Their gaze were just too annoying.

 

However, Minhyuk was different.

 

He was the first boy who talked to me without staring at me all the time and made me inconvenient.

 

Of course, I knew I had a lot of excellent admirers.

 

Minhyuk had quite a good-looking face, but surely not the most handsome when compared to my admirers.

 

His family's financial situation was not bad, but surely not the richest when compared to my admirers.

 

He was good at sports, but that was surely not the most special strength when compared to my admirers.

 

He was just an ordinary boy. And I just fell in love with this ordinary boy. I sounded ridiculous for me, who was known as the "perfect girl" in our school.

 

But it just happened.

 

I tried to get closer to Minhyuk and his best friends, Park Chorong and Yoon Bomi, to know more about him. After communicating for a period of time, I started to realise something.

 

Lee Minhyuk loved Park Chorong. I was quite sure for that. And Park Chorong loved Lee Minhyuk as well.

 

Minhyuk always teased Chorong or tricked her, but he might not realise that everytime when he did these rude things to Chorong, his eyes were actually filled with caring, and probably, filled with love.

 

Chorong always showed a discontent expression towards Minhyuk's tricks, but I can see that she actually enjoyed it.

 

The closely involved ones often cannot see as clear as the outsiders. I, as an outsider, saw the chemistry between them clearly, but both of them did not realise their true feelings.

 

That day, I met Chorong at the cafe and told her that I loved Minhyuk. I did that on purpose. I wanted to see her reaction.

 

She may think that she hide her feelings well. But in fact, I saw them all. I saw her smile frozen. I saw her awkwardness.

 

 Obviously, Chorong knew her feeling towards Minhyuk.

 

But obviously, Minhyuk still didn't realise his own feeling towards Chorong.

 

Therefore, I tried to fight for Minhyuk, before he could actually know his own feeling. That was the only chance for me to get Minhyuk. 

 

After I finally got together with Minhyuk and met Chorong and Bomi at the cafe, I saw Chorong's sadness although she tried hard to cover it. I felt a bit guilty. But in fact, I did nothing wrong. I just tried my best to fight for my love, didn't I?

 

After that meeting, I tried to avoid Chorong and Bomi. I didn't want Minhyuk to be so close to them. Maybe his feeling towards Chorong would fade as time went by.

 

Chorong ah, please forgive my selfishness.

 

After all, all people were selfish, weren't they?

 

Maybe after sometime, I can make Minhyuk fall in love with me, right?