Attraction

Ignite my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye pressed her lips on his bite and the venom from his skin.  She began to feel drowsy. Her head began to spin. She spit the venom out of and into the grass. He had to regain conciousness soon. They couldn't risk having the snake close by again. Since it was an area with barely no trees, Shin Hye grabbed a pile of sticks and made a small fire, there was no way she could move, she couldn't just leave him there. She struck two rocks together and when she saw the spark and threw the rocks into the pile of sticks, the sticks caught on fire. She then ripped  a sleeve of her shirt and using the little water she had left, she tried to sterilize his wound. She ripped her other sleve and tied it around his wrist. Shin Hye laid his head on her lap and just sat there. She didn't have any energy to scream, fear paralyzed her. If he were to die, it would be her fault. 

While Shin Hye sat there, the others had gathered into a group. Woo Bin kept fidgeting with his fingers. Ara sat next to him and grasped his hand. "We'll find them don't worry, time probably just got away from them and they're on their way back now."

Woo Bin turned to the others. "We can't do anything until there is sunlight, so let's rest tonight and tomorrow we can go searching for them.”

Sun Hee bit her bottom lip. “What if something happened to Min Ho? We can’t just sit around.” She didn’t care about Shin Hye and even though everyone knew that, it happened to annoy a few. 

“Unless you magically have a tracking device on him, there is nothing we can do at the moment.” Woo Bin said sarcastically.

“Why did we even let the go together in the first place?” Il Woo glared at Ara.

Woo Bin glared at Il Woo. “How was she supposed to know that this would happen?”

“They hate each other’s gut. They probably got in argument and killed each other."

"Stop joking."

"I can't do anything else." Il Woo got up and took a flashlight. "You guys can stay here but I will go look for them."

"I already said that none of us are going anywhere until the morning." Woo Bin gritted his teeth. When Il Woo didn't step down. Woo Bin got up pushed him down.

"Fighting is not the solution, let's just maintain our calm." Seo Joon said. He was extremely worried but he did his best to maintain his cool.

They decided to go into the tents and get as much rest as they can so that they would be able to get up early and go look for them. 

*******

Min Ho stirred and opened his eyes. His hand hurt like hell. 

Shin Hye quickly moved aside. "Oppa, can you hear me?"

He used enough strength and sat up. He glanced at Shin Hye. It was just them. That meant that they hadn't moved from their spot. He looked down at his hand which was covered by a piece of fabric. "What happened?" His voice was strained, he felt too tired to even speak.

"That snake bit you and I told you to stay awake but you slowly closed your eyes and I didn't know what to do. So I the venom from your wound and I was scared. I thought you were going to die." She cried and threw her arms around his neck.

"You saved my life." He hugged her back. "Thank you." He noticed that she had torn her sleeves and he pulled away. He took off his jacket and handed it to her. "Here, it's cold outside."

She stared at his arm that was holding his jacket. "I'm okay."

He placed the jacket over her shoulders. "At least one of us should be sane. We don't want both of us to die out here."

"Oppa it's so dark, how are we going to find our way? We need to take you back so that we can get you to a hospital immediately."

"We have the moonlight."  

She hesitated before standing up an hauling him to his feet. He was still feeling weak so Shin Hye told him to lean his weight on her. 

"I'm heavy."

"At least you can walk."

"How did you manage to save me without any medicine?"

"It all happened so fast and I don't even know."

"Do you feel okay? I mean the venom is in your system." He asked her trying to keep his eyes open.

"I'll be okay as soon as we find the others and we can go to the hospital. I just didn't want to ruin the trip."

"It's not your fault. It's mine for not being careful. At times like this, I'll be thankful to have you around. You are quick and fast. I bet someone else would've been freaking out."

"I am a doctor after all."

"I was wondering. Why didn't you just let me die? Not that I wanted that. But I've been such a jerk to you."

"You should ask that question to yourself. If I were the one who got bitten, would you have saved me?"

"Of course I will. I wouldn't let you die. A life is more important than our personal differences. However, even though you told me that I was far from being near you. I think that you aren't such a bad person. Sure, there are times when we only get on each other's nerves, but there are times in which I talked to you where all I've felt was comfort."

"Those were fleeing moments, one second they're there and the next they're gone." Shin Hye wanted to treasure this moment. The way he held onto her for balance. The way he talked so softly, it was music to her ears. 

"I know I shouldn't be asking this, but my curiosity is killing me. Why do you act like your life is perfect? Like you aren't falling apart? Why do you always walk with a smile on your face?"

"My life is already hard as it is. There's no point in keeping my eyes to the ground. Living in sorrow everyday will just make one sour. We have one life and we must live up to it."

"But don't you want someone to realize? Don't you want someone to help you?"

"Well." She paused and smiled. "I have people like Woo Bin and Seo Joon who are there for me. They know that my life is different from everybody else's expectations. Woo Bin always takes me out so that I could get my mind off of things. Seo Joon always rants with me. We both talked about our disagreements and pretend like its something normal."

Min Ho felt the urge to be someone important to her like that. The way she smiled it slowly melted his heart. He was jealous of the guys who received that smile.  "Is your heart starting to lean towards Seo Joon instead?" That question caught both of them off guard. He never expected to mutter those words.

Shin Hye held her breath. She could see smoke rising into the air and knew that their campsite was nearby. She wanted to tell him that he drove her insane. "I can't seem to forget you no matter what I do. So do me a favor and as soon as this is all over, stay away from me."

He felt giddy until she told him to get away. At that moment his heart pinched. Why was he feeling sudden emotions for her?

"Min Ho." Sun Hee yelled and ran to him.

"Shin Hye!" Seo Joon and Woo Bin exclaimed at the same time.

Min Ho didn't let go of her but Shin Hye moved away. 

"Are you okay?" Woo Bin asked scanning from head to toe. She was wearing Min Ho's jacket and her lips were turning purple. 

"We need to get to the hospital immediately." Min Ho surprised everyone. "I got bitten by a snake and Shin Hye saved me, but the poison is her system." At the moment Shin Hye seemed to sway and Min Ho was the only one to notice. He pushed everyone aside and just when he reached her, she fell in his arms. 

*******

Min Ho and Shin Hye were both hospitalized. Min Ho was getting a check up, they were  cleaning his wound. They were extracting the venom from Shin Hye's body. Sun Hee asked to do Min Ho's check up.

"I was so scared when you didn't come back. It's all her fault, you guys always end up fighting and bad things come along the way."

"Don't blame her, I was the one who argued first, besides right now her life's in danger not mine. Please be nice to her, she told me that you used to pick on her. I would've never believed it, but when you talk about her I see the anger reflected in your eyes. She goes through problems, she's human." He pursed his lips in a thin line. She didn't deserve the way he treated her, he was going to make sure to be nicer from now. 

Sun Hee scoffed. "You care about her now, do you not realize all of the things she puts you through?"

"She isn't as bad as I thought, I just pushed her away too soon, I didn't see that she is genuine and that she's honest."

Sun Hee finished the bandage on his wrist and took a step back. "I feel like I'm losing you."

"My feelings for you haven't changed." However, he felt like he was trying to reassure himself. "I'm just giving friendship a try. Can I see Shin Hye?"

She bit her lip out of anger, she started to bleed. "She's in the room next door."

"Stop that. Stop being jealous, I'm dating you, aren't I." He stood up and hugged her. He sprinted out of the room and stood in front of Shin Hye's. He knocked the door, but there was no answer. Maybe she was asleep or she was too weak to answer. He entered the room and stopped dead in his tracks. Seo Joon stood by Shin Hye's bed and he was hugging her, tears streamed down Shin Hye's eyes. Min Ho adverted his gaze and cleared his throat.

Shin Hye saw him and immediately pushed Seo Joon away. She wiped her eyes with the back of her hands. She had been crying because her brother had sent her a message telling her, that he was going to pull her out of her fathers claws, but most of all he was going to come and fight for her freedom. 

"I didn't mean to interrupt." Min Ho said coldy and turned around.

"Wait! Why did you come?" Shin Hye stopped him.

"I just wanted to thank you for saving my life. I see you're fine and I'm glad." Without giving a second glance, he walked out. 

Seo Joon's forehead creased. Min Ho gave him mixed feelings. He was so cold to Shin Hye but not in the way that he hated her. "Shin Hye, you can't forget him? You can't look away? Are my feelings for you in the shadow?"

"Why would you confess like that? If you knew it was obvious, why are you hurting yourself? You know I will reject you. Oppa, I wish to look at you. We are compatible and we actually fit together, no one would stand in our way. However, I have mixed emotions. You are peaceful and calm and that's the kind of life I've always looked for, but he is adventurous and a relationship with him is risky. That's the way I have lived my whole life and it's hard to just get used to a new lifestyle." She let her hair cover her face. 

"Let me teach you this new lifestyle." He grabbed her hand.

"What if I don't want to learn it? What if I just want to live like this forever? Making myself run and hide. Always on the lookout because my father is powerful. I don't want your help, just this once let me choose my own path." 

"What are you hoping will be at the end? Him or me?"

"Neither, I wish to find my true self, my self among the crowd of people who follow me." 

"I guess you were right, I should've kept quiet, the more I hear you the more it burns." He half hugged her and then he rushed out of the room.

********

Woo Bin helped Shin Hye back to Min Ho's apartment.

"Are you sure you are going to be okay? Don't you want me around to take care of you?" His grip tightened on her arm and on her waist. 

She smiled slightly even though his grip weakened her. "I can take care of myself. Oppa."

His eyes widened slightly. She had called him that but only when she really wanted to get a point across.

"You need to get a girlfriend. I really do appreaciate that you take care of me so well. You fill in the spot my brother left empty, but you are also getting older. I don't want you to waste your life on me, there is a girl who desperately looks for your attention." Her hand patted his. 

"I just don't want to leave you alone. There are so many things I fear will happen to you. I'm scared. It's like your problems are my problems." He let go of her and punched Min Ho's passcode, after much insisting he got it out of him. 

"Let's just say I am facing a bad situation, I got through it by myself before I met you, I could go through it right now." She stepped past the doorway. For some reason the apartment looked different, she wondered if Min Ho had moved. The mirrored wall was replaced with a regular wall, only a portrait hung on it. It was one of Sun Hee and Min Ho. That made her feel even more suffocated. Even as she turned around, she felt Sun Hee's stare all the way to the kitchen. She took two water bottles and gave one to Woo Bin before sitting down. 

"Shin Hye, I feel like being here is stepping all over dangerous zone."

"Whenever I'm not okay, I promise to tell you." She told him sincerely. 

Woo Bin left hesitantly after much insisting from Shin Hye. She was about to close the door when Seo Joon appeared out of nowhere. Shin Hye jumped back and pressed a hand to her chest. "Where did you come from?"

He pointed in the direction of the stairs. He held up a bag.

A nice aroma filled Shin Hye's senses. She sighed before smiling, even though she felt that everything he did would go in vain, she had to admit he was really sweet. She stepped aside and let him in.

"Are you sure Min Ho won't say anything?" Hiis brows furrowed. He didn't want Min Ho to hurt her anymore. It was already bad enough that he hurt her emotionally but he had passed the line and crossed into physical pain.

"I don't care. He brings his girlfriend over." She shrugged. "I'm bored and he is probably out watching a movie." She took his arm and dragged him to the table. "Sit, I'll take care of it."

"Can I do it? I want to spoil you. Just like when I put the shoes on you even though you didn't need help. I want to be there for you, just like that night we met in that small shop. I want you to know I'll risk it all, to the point of my life. Remember when that man tried to stab you, I thank God for letting me get hurt instead."

Shin Hye had her back to him and felt the tears blurring her eye sight, she hated it. Hated not being able to love someone like him. "I won't be able to hold your hand back even if you try to hold us both together. Seo Joon, I've never been more serious in my life, I don't want to hurt you. Not someone like you, you don't deserve this." She slumped in a chair. 

He fidgeted with his fingers, "I don't care if I get hurt, I can change your mind. Maybe you don't even like him at all. Let me try."

She covered her face with her hands and felt as the tears began to drop. "You don't realize how much it hurts to turn someone like you down. Why? You have become very significant in my life, but I can't confuse myself.  I don't think its in the amorous way, it's like what Woo Bin and I share, pure friendship."

"Why don't we talk about something else?" He said trying to avoid the sting in his heart. "I got a promotion today. I became assistant director of the broadcasting department." He put a smile on his face.

Shin Hye wiped her eyes and faced him. "What do you thing comes next? President or chairman?"

"I just hope that  I could find a way to stay as reporter or producer."

"It would be nice."

"I can't do this anymore." He stood up and Shin Hye followed suit, as he walked to the door, she grabbed his arm. 

"Don't go, please."

He turned to face her and his hands cupped her cheeks, he leaned in.

Min Ho opened the door just in time to watch the scene. He cleared his throat and felt rage bubble up inside of him.

Seo Joon bolted for the door leaving Shin Hye standing, her breath uneven. She felt the rush of blood reach her face. Then she caught sight of Min Ho. His body was tense and from the look in his eyes, he was angry. She slowly walked towards him and stopped a few feet away. Her arm reached to touch his but in a flash, he had her pinned on the wall. Shin Hye's eyes widened and her heart beat hammered against her chest. 

He breathed heavily and stared deep into her eyes. When he saw the fear, his grip loosened. He didn't move away. He caught whiff of her sweet smell, it allured him and wrapped around him like a chain. His hand traced her arm and stop to rest at her waist. 

Shin Hye adverted her gaze, she wanted to move away but she wanted to be touched by him. She wanted to be kissed by him. It was all wrong.

His lips moved unsubsconciously and he moved closer to her, their bodies pressed together. They were so close that their breaths mingled together. His smelled like mints and had a trace of smoke. Hers smelled like cheeries, a trace from her lip balm. 

Her hand rested at his chest ready to push him away, but debating if she should. When his lips were mere inches away, his body softened. Something so powerful had overcomed him. He didn't know if it was the warmth from her hand on his chest or the way she smelled. 

He felt a possessive control over her, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter