Part 6

Teddy Talk Sleep Over

The next morning the pair woke up reasonably early and headed downstairs still in their pyjamas to make an completely un-grownup breakfast of soft boiled eggs with toasted strips (which Yifan insisted on calling Eggs and Soldiers even though Luhan had no idea what the hell he was talking about), a large glass of milk and some left over cookies from the night before. Luhan’s parents weren’t around to chide them and really in the grand scheme of things this was a comparatively healthy and well balanced breakfast in comparison to some of the breakfasts that they had managed to scrabble together in the dorms.

 

Especially when Chanyeol was on breakfast duty, anyone would think that a boy of a cafe owner would be a reasonably good cook or at least know how to make breakfast. Unfortunately their troll just sort of had no clue and made approximations of things, one of the most memorable being the time when he had used rice crispies in an omelette which had consequently gone horrendously wrong. So someone always had to watch the massive idiot troll whenever he was in the kitchen if they couldn’t chase him out of it. Though surprisingly he had turned out to be a good driver which was a relief after all of the teasing.

 

Placing down the eggs and soldiers, Yifan smiled, “There you go, eat up.”

 

“Wow you’re cooking’s improved,” Luhan teased back, taking a glance around the kitchen in awe only to be smacked around the head by a wooden spoon.

 

“Says the boy who set our kitchen on fire one time,” Yifan teased back.

 

Luhan blushed, “It was an accident.”

 

“That you then blamed on me,” Yifan chided back happily, setting his own plate down after faffing on with the eggs and grinning when he managed to get the top off the egg.

 

Luhan smiled, “I still remember the first time you served me this.”

 

“Yeah when you had no idea about what it was, that was fun,” Yifan said with a soft smile, “Wonder if those egg cups are in the dorms or not. I’ve never been able to find them since.”

 

Luhan shrugged as he took a gulp out of his milk, “Couldn’t tell you, they probably are somewhere. That’s if Mama Kyungsoo didn’t have a clear out of course.”

 

Yifan paled, “I think it would have been more Satan Soo than Mama.”

 

Luhan laughed, “Yeah, you’re probably right. We didn’t get that much ing done did we?”

 

There came an indifferent shrug from the taller, “There’s not a lot left to really go on about and plus it’s not worth it too much.”

 

“Why?” Luhan asked, frowning and blinking.

 

“Cause neither one of us is going to stop right?” Yifan grinned towards the elder, “We’re going to keep on going and I’m going to choose it as sticking a finger up at that company. Sure we’re going to lose a couple of jobs and deals and shows but in comparison to the number of offers we’re going to get makes it seem more like a joke.”

 

Luhan nodded, “Yeah, when you look at it like that...So what’s your next project then?”

 

The rest of the morning dissolved into conversations about their future plans, projects and just general mischief and mayhem that could only come from two friends talking about the world but not really talking about anything at all.

 

Just as Yifan was about to leave, there came a blip from the EXO fan app and he grinned, letting out a breath of relief, “Oh well, you don’t get to write a snotty nosed fan letter to the company now.”

 

“Why?” Luhan pouted before the screen was turned to him.

 

‘EXO’s new song ‘Call Me Baby’ will be debuted...’ read the latest title on the newest update.

 

Luhan let out a sign of relief as well, “Oh that’s so much better. I thought that SM had totally flipped out.”

 

“I know,” Yifan said, ruffling the others hair and stealing his phone back from his friend, “I’ll see you soon okay?”

 

“Yeah, give me a text to say that you got home okay,” Luhan said as he waved, pausing before grinning, “Oh and remember to call me as well, you big lug.”

 

“I will do,” Yifan called back as he clambered into the car, shifting his bags around until he suddenly realised that Ace had a few new friends in his bag with a note attached.

 

Next Teddy Sleep Over at your place, ne?

 

Smiling, Yifan glanced back out of the window at the rapidly disappearing house and smiled. Sometimes it was good to just let it all go and not care about how anyone saw you and that made him feel good. 

~Fin~

Authors babbly:

There we go, all done. Did not turn out anything like I expected it to but hey it was cute and fluffy and fun to write. Hope you all enjoyed it ^^