Part 5

Teddy Talk Sleep Over

There was a blip on from the phone that made them both jump out of their skin because for some insane reason as it had gotten darker they had forgone the Disney Films in favour of horror ones and watching One Missed Call did tend to make one jumpy when their phone bleeped out a message. “Bloody hell,” Yifan cursed, grinning widely as he picked up his phone and swiped it open to check what the notification was for and not ducking from the pillow that was smacked off the top of his head in retaliation for scaring the living daylights out of Luhan.

 

“Who the hell is texting you at a time like this!” Luhan hissed towards the younger boy, “You know the rules of...”

 

“Yeah yeah, I know them, I made most of them remember,” Yifan said, rolling his eyes skywards for a few seconds before sighing and glancing down at his phone, “Ohhh.”

 

“Wha?” Luhan had gone back to watching the screen with virtually all of his attention as he continued to drink out of the straw despite the fact that the can was already empty.

 

“New update on the next Exo song,” Yifan said, still tapping away at his phone.

 

Luhan removed his eyes from the screen to give a long side look towards Yifan, “You fan boy.”

 

“Naturally,” Yifan grinned, blushing just a little as he brought up the information, “Don’t tell me that you’re not curious, just a little bit?”

 

Luhan nodded, “Yeah but I wouldn’t go through the fan accounts to find out information about the guys.”

 

“Safest way to do so,” Yifan said with a shrug, “Had to keep the company off my tail somehow and you admitted you worked out which account as I was using.”

 

About to argue against that point, Luhan couldn’t help but let out a frustrated groan and pouted. Then a small grin formed on his face, “We should totally link fan accounts then we can chat without being observed too much.”

 

“Why am I not surprised you have one, hope you’re a girl on it though cause that’s going to take some explaining otherwise,” Yifan said, actually scrolling through the information now to get what he was after.

 

“Yeah yeah, Ai Xianrong,” Luhan said, shifting a little and glancing up at the screen to realise that he had totally lost the plot on the film now but it wasn’t that good if he was honest. Turning back to look at Yifan, he tilted his head at the others lost expression, “What?”

 

“Call me daddy...” Yifan deadpanned, staring at the screen in shock.

 

“Excuse me?” Luhan asked, trying not to get the wrong end of the stick in regards to that comment.

 

“The new song,” Yifan said, shaking his head and blinking repeatedly, “It’s rumoured to be called ‘Call me Daddy’.”

 

Luhan paled, “You are kidding me?”

 

Yifan shook his head and offered up his phone to the other, “Wish I was.”

 

“No way...” Luhan said, shaking his head, “Absolutely no way in the slightest. Surely they wouldn’t...they can’t...the kids...just no.”

 

“It’s just a rumour,” Yifan said with a long sigh, “Speak to Xiu about it when you can and he’ll probably just up and tell you that it’s not called that.”

 

“Better not be,” Luhan said shaking his head, “How the hell can they even-”

 

Lightly patting the others knee, Yifan shook his head, “It’s just a rumour, don’t start jumping to conclusions. If it is titled that though...lord help them.”

 

Luhan dropped his head onto Yifan’s shoulder, “Just...no...they can’t do that...not to Tao, not to Kai...not to Sehun. That’s just wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong.”

 

“Okay I get it,” Yifan said, shaking his head and lightly petting the other, “Let’s just forget it for now okay? It’s way past bed time...”

 

Luhan grinned wickedly before going into full on pout mode, “but Duizhang!”

 

“Oh no you do not!” Yifan said immediately, pouncing and tickling the other with his long and nimble fingers, “I will not fall for that doe eye routine of yours in the slightest.”

 

“Haha! Yes you will!” Luhan said, pulling the largest doe eyed dear ayego that he could manage at this moment in time, “Duizhang! We haven’t finished the film yet and it’s not time for bed!”

 

Half an hour later, Yifan had just about managed to get Luhan into his pyjamas and had provisionally agreed to one last film that wasn’t a horror but they would have to be all snuggled up together with the teddies otherwise it wasn’t a proper sleepover. Just as the tall Chinese bent down to grab his sleeping bag, a pillow hit him squarely on the back. Turning he found Luhan half on his bed, the toys already smushed together in the middle and an impatient tapping at the opposite side of the bed which was empty, “We’re doing this properly!”

 

For a few seconds Yifan was genuinely shocked because Luhan was offering to share his bed but then a million different emotions came crashing through his heart because it had been so long since he had felt so happy. Tears welled up in his eyes despite the fact that he was holding them back as much as possible as he finished getting himself into his sleepwear before clambering into the bed besides Luhan and the toys.

 

It was a little bit of a squeeze but they managed it.

 

“Big baby,” Luhan said, wiping at the tears with the unicorn’s foot, a too familiar grin on his features.

 

For once Yifan couldn’t even bring himself to care and somehow managed to scoop Luhan, the unicorn and panda plush as well as their own two into his arms and snuggled happily against all of them. Part of his heart broke but he pretended that he was really holding Tao and Yixing as well, hearing them all complain and wriggle about as they tried to get comfortable before finally settling down, all snuggled up together under one blanket to fall asleep to some silly movie or other. 

 

authors note:

yeah this was supposed to be up a few days ago before we found out the actual name of the song becuase I was really worried about it being called 'Call Me Daddy' cause just...no...no no no lol 

But life got in the way so this got written late but the last part will clear that up teehee ^^