Chapter 5

Forever & Always (영원히 그리고 항상)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

————

Chaera's POV

I woke up in last night's clothes, on my bed as the wind blew lightly. I checked my phone to look at the time..5:30 am. It was pretty early right now. I covered my face with a pillow and tried to go back to sleep. But I couldn't. I soullessly got up, went to the bathroom and did my morning rituals. After I changed to a simple, comfortable set of clothes, I went to the kitchen and saw a few Tupperware containers on the kitchen counter. I scratched my head and opened each of the boxes. My eyes shone as I saw the food inside—10-15 rice cakes, kimchi jjigae(kimchi stew), some freshly cut fruits, vegetable pancakes, toast and a few other dishes. "Wah..how did they end up here??"I asked myself. I took the folded paper on the counter and read it.

To. Chaera noona

Noona, I hope you enjoy~ JB hyung's friend came over and brought lots of food this morning. We couldn't eat it all by ourselves, so we decided to share with you.

I hope you enjoy it, really. As for the fruits, you should be healthy! I bought some fruits yesterday, so I cut some for you.

Eat it well okay noona? And the members and I want you to come over again!

If you have time, come over today again!

We left at around 4 : 20 am this morning because they suddenly said we needed to practice. But we'll be back by 10 am! 

You better come noona!

                  —Jinyoung + GOT6

Tch, this guy is the mom indeed.

I smiled and ate one or two rice cakes and an apple. I ate the bread toast with butter and drank a glass of juice. Seeing a cup of coffee on the table made me smile even more. It was now 6 : 08 am, so I slipped my phone into my pocket and grabbed my headphone. I headed out with the coffee in my hand.

I locked my apartment and put on my headphones. I smiled as the music played..it was one of my song favourites- 'The Cure' by Yoon Mirae. I took a sip of the coffee as I strolled down the stairs. I was looking at the ground, listening to the song. I reached the 2nd floor, and I looked up when I saw a shadow on the ground. I dropped the cup I was holding, my body turned cold and pale, my eyes shook, my lips trembled and I just stood still, fear and shock filling inside me.

"A-Ashton?"

————

Mark's POV

"Hyung, can I take a break for a while?"I asked Seunghoon hyung. My body was weak, I was so tired and I had been having a throbbing headache since I woke up. "Hmm? What's wrong? You don't look too good.."he furrowed his eyebrows. "Do I? But it's fine if I can't, hyung,"I gave him a dry smile. "Aniyo, Mark. You should go and rest. You look pretty bad..and sick. I did say there were no practices, but you guys will have to practice tomorrow anyway for one or two hours at least. Just go and take a rest for now. I'll tell PD-nim if he asks where you are. Don't worry,"he placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled. "Thanks, hyung. I'll do my best tomorrow,"I smiled back and thanked him. He nodded and told me to wait for Noyoung hyung. I went down after five minutes and saw that Noyoung hyung was already there. I got in and closed my eyes when hyung started driving. "Mark, what is wrong with you?"hyung did exactly what Seunghoon hyung did. "It's just a headache,"I managed to say. "But hyung, I thought you were busy?"I said. "No, I have nothing important to do anyway,"he said. "Mm. When are the guys coming home?"I asked him. "It's 6 am right now..so probably around 9-10 am?"he replied. "Okay then. I still don't get why you have to let us practice from 4 : 30 in the morning,"I shook my head a little and let out a short laugh. Noyoung hyung sighed and smiled before stopping the car. I thanked him, got out and made my way up the stairs. I reached the first floor and noticed a guy a bit taller than me, walking infront. I was a bit confused because only Mrs. Hong lived on the first floor, us on the second and Chaera on the 3rd. It wouldn't be Chaera's friend or anything..right? Cause he seemed a bit crazy, the way he walked, the countless tattoos covering his whole body, and just by a look he seemed a bit creepy..and crazy too. I know, I know, 'Don't judge a book by it's cover'..but I think you could make an exception for this guy. He stopped near our apartment and stood still. "A-Ashton?"I could hear Chaera's voice shaking. "Hey, babe. Surprised?"he laughed coldly. I took one step more and could see the look on Chaera's face. She looked horrified, her face pale and her eyes widened. "Do-Don't call m-me that. What a-are you doing h-here?"she stuttered. "Aw, can't I visit my girlfriend?"he smirked. "I told you Ash! We're over. Can't you just go and leave me be?!"she closed her eyes and opened them again with a sad yet uneasy look on her face. "SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!"he shouted back loudly, making me jump a bit. "I told you I never wanted to see you again, Ash! Please, go! I don't love you anymore! Can't you just leave me alone?!"her voice broke as a tear rolled down her cheek. "SHUT UP! I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP! CAN'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?! DAMMIT, CHAERA, YOU WERE ALWAYS A !"the guy slapped her face and shouted again. I could see her holding back her tears. For some reason, I wasn't tired or anything now. I couldn't watch as the rage built up in me. I took a step further, threw my bag on the floor and walked to him. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"I snapped at him. "Mark?"I heard Chaera utter barely. I grabbed him by the collar and held him up to the wall. "Who are you, huh? Yah, HAN CHAERA! You dare run to another guy?!"he snapped at Chaera. I couldn't control myself. At this point, I couldn't control my body, it was my body that controlled me. I punched his face, making his lip bleed. His eyes widened as he tried to hit me back. I blocked his hand gave him another punch in the eye. "Don't. Ever. Come. Back,"I glared at him and pushed him down the stairs. I had no idea what I just did, but I could still see Chaera standing still in the exact same place, frozen.

"Let's go in,"I took her into our dorm and let her seat down on the couch. She didn't speak, I didn't think she would be able to anyway. I was sure that was her ex, from the way they spoke. "G-Gomawo,"she barely said, her voice soft and faded. I smiled,"Hey, don't worry,"I patted her head. There was a cut on her right cheek, probably from before. "Does it hurt?"I asked her and took a close look at the cut. "A bit,"she gave me a dry smile. My heart beat faster for no reason again. I took a deep breath before cleaning the cut and applying medicine. I put a band-aid on it and looked at her. She seemed a bit better now, but I could see that her eyes were still shaking a bit. "Hey, are you hungry?"I asked her. She shook her head. I smiled and took a seat next to her. "What were you trying to do anyway?"I asked her, curious where she was planning to go at 6 am. "Hmm? Oh..I just wanted to take a walk for some fresh air,"she smiled. I looked at the clock..6 : 20 am. "You're already all dressed up..it would be a waste to just go home. Let's go,"I pulled her up. She looked confused and blankly stared at me. "Don't worry, I know a quiet place. No one will recognize us there,"I smiled at her. I was already fit for going out anyway—a pair of comfortable Jeans, Converse shoes, a black snapback and a long-sleeved grey shirt. "You sure? You look really tired. I can just go by myself, you know.."she uttered. "I'm fine. You are too..right?"I looked at her. She nodded before we walked down the stairs.

"Is the place far?"she asked me. I shook my head and smiled. "No. Maybe only a 5 minute distance from here,"I said. We walked along the path and reached the place. I didn't really know which part it was, but I really liked it.

There were a lot of trees, flowers too, and it was a fresh and peaceful area.

I could see her lips slowly tugging into a small smile and I chuckled. "What is it?"she blinked at me. I smiled, "Nothing. Chaera-ah, when you were in California..you probably had an English name..right?"I asked her and bit my lip. "English name? Of course!"she giggled,"Back there, they called me.." I gulped and nervously bit on my lip harder. "Emma!"she smiled. "E-Emma?"I said again. This was crazy. It couldn't be, I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter