Ninth Day - Mentor Mentee

Class 4-02

Cring~

 

   Once again the bells ring. Luhan calls his son to serve the customer. Jaemin abruptly get up from his seat excusing himself from his friends. He runs to the back of the counter and smiles. “What can I get for you sir?” the customer then looks at him confusedly.

“Erm.. I`m actually a girl?”

 

     The customer replies quite annoyed at the mistake Jaemin did. He gasps softly and bows his head. “I`m sorry miss, your hair are making me confuses over your gender,” he bow and nearly hit his own head at what he replied.

 

     This make the customer sighs but then smiles slightly. “Nah~ it`s okay. So can I order now?” she asks. He nods and puts on a guilty smile. “Sure!” she looks at the menu and settles on caramel latte with two shots of espresso. He nods and starts making the drink. He then passes the two cups to the customer.

 

“It`s my way to say I`m sorry. Don`t worry the extra coffee is our new recipe that not yet been release. So you don`t need to pay for it, just enjoy and come again!”

 

      She smiles listening to Jaemin and pays for her drink before taking the cups. She thanks him and walks out of the café with a more light energy surrounded her. After she`s gone, Jaemin runs back to his friends. He sits beside his boyfriend and lays his head on Leo`s  shoulder.

 

     “That`s embarrassing!” he suddenly shrieks making the three of them jump. “What the hell Jaemin?” Nisa opens and shakes her head at her friend antic. “I just called a customer ‘sir’ when technically it`s a ‘miss’ ,” the other customers jump including Luhan when Nisa suddenly laughs out loud.

“The man!”

“Shut up ”

“Deal with it stupid that`s funny,”

 

        Nisa high five with Jhope once he backs her up. Jaemin whines and keeps his head on Leo`s shoulder. Leo couldn`t help but chuckles softly. “You too?” Jaemin looks up at his boyfriend with a pout. Leo pats him on his head and pecks his forehead. “Sorry baby but that is quite funny. You`re so cute!” he hugs Jaemin waist and pulls the younger closer to his chest.

 

          Jhope glances at them and sighs softly. Oh how he wish he could cuddle like that with Nisa. He then steals a glance at the girl who by now wiping her tears. She coughs slightly before sitting up properly. “So guys -” her words been cut off as the bell rings again but now all of them look at the door.

 

          “Hi boss!” a cheerful voice slips out of the new guy. Luhan smiles at the guy and bid him hello too before pointing to Jaemin. He then looks at the table and smiles brightly. He waves to Jaemin and points to the staff room before going inside. Jaemin nods and waves back before turning to his friends. What he doesn`t expect is a blushing Nisa who now shyly glances at the staff room door.

 

           Jaemin chuckles and clears his throat playfully to get her attention. Nisa seems shocked and her hand knocks on her glass. Thankfully Jhope saves her drink. “S-sorry, what you say?” she replies and bites her lips when she just realizes how she stutters over her words. “I didn`t say anything at all right Leo?” he turns to his boyfriend trying to make him plays along. Leo catches the mischievous looks of the younger and nods his head.

 

           Nisa then suddenly laughs awkwardly and takes a sip of her drink. Jaemin looks at her action slowly before starting his next attack. “I`ve saw you eyeing Chan, interesting” he chuckles when she nearly spits her drink while Jhope already done that. “WHAT?” both of them scream loudly. Just after the two comes down, the guy they talk about walk to them.

 

           “Yo Jaemin! Hi Jaemin`s friends” he then chuckles at his own words. Nisa smiles shyly and looks down to her drink. Jaemin glances at Chan then Nisa and lastly Jhope. He tries to stop snickering over how Jhope looks baffled over his crush 180 changes of attitude. Jaemin clears his throat once again and stands up. “Guys, let me introduce you to my co-worker, Lee Chan. Chan this is my boyfriend Leo, the horse guy Hoseok aka Jhope and this last shy girl Nisa. She is my best friend I talk about,” Nisa looks up puzzles over his words.

“You talk about me?”

“You talk about her?”

“And you doesn`t talk about me?”

 

                Once Leo jealous aura comes out, Jaemin quickly wraps his arms around Leo and pecks his cheek. “Of course I always talk about you! I thought it shouldn`t been mention since you know you always on my mind,” by then everyone on the table make a gagging sound. Of course except the two couple that now keep pecking each other lips.

 

            Chan pulls out his hand to give everyone handshakes. “Hi I`m Lee Chan just call me Chan,” he smiles as he shakes Jhope`s hand. Jhope fake a smile and repeat his name through his gritting teeth. He squeezes the worker hands as hard as he can but their smiles never leave both of their faces. After pulling away, Chan rubs his wrist slightly before turning to Nisa. This time, his smile looks natural making his face more handsome and cute. “Chan,” even his voice sounds deeper than before. The girl blushes slightly and pulls her hand out for a handshake. “Nisa” all the guys seems shock especially Jaemin and Jhope.

 

             The small gesture seems to make Chan smiles a bit wider. Jaemin had once told him that the girl is extremely shy that she either put on a dark aura when stranger (a guy specifically) was too close for her comfort (that`ll be like 10 meter from her). He takes her hand in his and they shake their hands. They pull away and she quickly fist her hand under the table. Jhope who can sense her slightly shaken hand takes it and holds tightly yet gently while caressing the back of her hand with his thumb.

 

           “Your hand is so soft Nisa,” just before Chan can utter another word a customer walk in and he takes his spot behind the counter. Nisa face by now looks like a ripe strawberry. Even her posture seems fragile. Jaemin quickly sits beside her and hugs her shoulder. “Hey you okay? You know you shouldn`t do that if you don`t want to,” he whispers softly as he runs his hand behind her back to calm her down. She squeezes Jhope hand before looking up to Jaemin.

 

           “D-did he..my hand.. soft,” Jaemin sighs and nods slowly. “Yeah. That kid is too honest for his own good,” hearing that Nisa squeals and turns to Jhope. “See! I told you my hand is soft!” the said guy blinks his eyes. “Huh?” Jaemin smiles lightly knowing Nisa saying that to calm herself down. He turns to Jhope and mouthing him to agree.

 

          One everything fall back to their place they smiles when other supposed to be barista have come. Everyone changes their attire to the more appropriate one. Jhope joins them since he offered to be the barista keeper if something came up at that day. “Hey Jaemin can you tie up my apron? It doesn’t stop loosing,” Nisa huffs. Her best friend doesn`t even glances at her as he walks out to check if the machine is okay before starting the group tutoring. “Yah! Oh Jaemin!,” she unconsciously pout and try to tie it herself again when suddenly someone tie it up for her.

 

             Nisa smiles happily and turns around and speaks at the same time. “Thanks Hopie!” the guy chuckles and correct her. “It`s actually Channie” he replies playfully making the girl blushes different shades of red. “A-ah.. thanks Chan..nie?” she tries to say the nickname that the waiter volunteering to give. “No problem Nisa” he smiles quite proudly feeling satisfied she actually calls him by the made up nickname. He is just about to ruffle her hair when Jhope suddenly dragging Nisa away.

 

             “T-thanks,” she mumbles and tries to pull her wrist away but Jhope only holds it tighter. He turns around and pulls her into his embrace. Nisa eyes open wide and she freeze on her spot. He suddenly pulls away and walks to Jaemin when he hears the other calling for them. “Let`s go,” she blinks before smiling softly. Nodding her head, she runs to catches up with Jhope.

 

            “Okay guys! I`ve taught you the basic now you`ll get the workers as your mentor. I would like to pair you up but I`m lazy so just choose who you want to be your mentor.” Jaemin shrugs and claps his hands. “Chop chop! Oh by the way, Vernon you and me gonna take care of the café for today,” the boy nods and goes behind the counter with Jaemin. Nisa quietly go to Chan`s side while Jhope is looking around for her.

 

           “Ah Nisa! I just want to invite you to be my mentee,” Chan chuckles and puts his hand on her shoulder. The reaction he receives making him grin. She is blushing but at the same time smiling. Aside from that, he can feel her body relaxing against his touch. “I guess you`re comfortable with me?” before Nisa could answer his question, Jhope pulls her into his embrace by the waist. “Yo Chan. Me and this midget is your mentee,” with a poker face Jhope state the obvious.

 

             Since he is standing behind Nisa, he doesn`t see how her face turns from shy to and angry smile. She elbow the guy`s stomach making him winches and loosen his grip. “The hell,” he mumbles. Nisa turns around and hits his head. “Yah! Who do you call midget horsie?” she fires back and stomps her foot on top of Jhope. Again, he shrieks and holds his injured foot while Nisa smirks before turning back to Chan.

 

               “Make sure the fruit you choose is fresh so the smoothie or milkshake taste twice better. Then..” Jhope tunes down Chan`s voice while Nisa listens to his every word. “Jhope, you try to do it,” Chan suddenly calls him. He looks surprised like a thief caught red handed. Nisa turns to him and raises her eyebrow. She pats her cheeks gently to wakes him up. “Yah! Jung Hoseok to horse are you there?” Jhope blinks once again and nod slowly. “S-sorry pardon?” Chan and Nisa sigh at the same time. They look at each other and smiles. Jhope who watches every move they make feels annoyed. He puffs hs cheeks and taps his foot to catches their attention.

 

              Just like that, for the rest of the mentor-mentee session, Chan and Nisa  stick together as the guy teaches the girl how to do cold beverages and serves a few simple food. Jhope feels neglected but what matter the most is how easily his crush getting close to his enemy. He couldn`t even count how many time he puffs his cheeks and gritted his teeth. He try to catches Nisa attention sometimes but she doesn`t really give what he actually need.

 

             “Ah~ it`s a tiring day!” Jaemin and Nisa say at the same time. The different is that she stretches and he don`t. Jhope sulks with the girl and continue to ignore her. “Hoseokkie~ take me home please?” she uses one of her rare aegyo to make him agree but he doesn`t even looks at her as he takes off his apron and straighten his uniform. Nisa pouts and untying her apron before pulling it off. She then turns to Jaemin. “Oh! Jaeminnie my knight in shining armor, will you take me home today?” she leans close to him trying to persuade the guy. He closes his locker and leans close back to her. “Nope, and please button your collar dude. Ain`t no need to see your cleavage. You know I choose than s”

 

            Nisa gasps and shield herself with her arms hiding the view with a blush face. “The Jaemin! Do you have to say it out loud? Fyi, I`m not even showing you my girl pride!” she huffs. Jhope who hearing their conversation can`t help to take a peek at her. He gulps when he eyeing her hands buttoning her shirt properly but still leave one on her neck. Nisa suddenly turns to him again but now with puppy eyes. “Hoseokkie please please please take me home tonight! You know Tao omma gonna feed you her Chinese cuisine right? You love them right?” she tries to persuade again but now clinging to his arm.

 

            Blame his hormone but he sure he feels her s rubbing his arm slightly. With a bright blush he nods. He doesn`t even dare to say anything and just nods. She grins and pulls away to put on her coat and tie loosely. “What are you waiting for? Let`s go!” she opens the staff room door for him and he quickly walks out with her following behind. “Nisa! Bye!” Jhope turns around to see the most disturbing thing in the world. Chan is hugging Nisa and she is actually grinning happily and hugs him back. “what the hell..” he mumbles but then shut up when she walks to him. “Bye to Jhope.. right?” Chan asks with a playful smirk paste on his face.

 

               They stop right in front of Nisa`s house just like the date. But the atmosphere is different. Nisa turns around and smiles brightly. “Thanks for tagging along come one in I think my omma is cooking right now,” she pulls out her phone and about to texts Jaemin when suddenly her phone ringing. She picks up consciously since it`s an unknown number. “Hello?” Jhope looks at her expression as it changes from confused to happy real quick. “Chan! How did ou even get my number?” she struggles to open the door when suddenly someone pull her phone away.

 

              “Hey!” she huffs and tries to snatches back her phone when Jhope ended the call. She glares at him and quickly takes her phone when he just tap on the phone. She just about to walk in with annoyance showing on her face when Jhope grabs her arm making her turn around.

“What Jung Hoseok?”

“Don`t look at other guy but me”

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Hey guys it`s none other than teenbestfinite ouo so I hope you guys enjoy this crappy update xD oh and we will go watching movies and making videos on Saturday! :D we will pass the link to the video after we post it! ;3 make sure to watch ;) till twn, see you in the next update~!