CH.5 (YUGBAM) PART 1

GOT7 Drabbles

      A fourteen year old Bam Bam silently strolled through the hall of his new high school. His short height, and peculiarly lined eyes drew attention to him from curious students. Bam Bam looked at his schedule, and realized that now, he had break for about two periods, so he was in the clear. He had already lost his way in his first three periods, and walked into the wrong class in his fourth period. Bam Bam could remember seniors and sophomores looking at him like  he was crazy. Two nice seniors, one with silver hair and a scary face, and the other who had red hair, and the face of a flower boy, had kindly told him that he was in the wrong class. Another sophomore who was short, and was carrying fencing equipment, had been nice enough to open his locker for him. Two other boys, one a junior and another a sophomore, one with dark hair and a tall stature, and the other who was cute, and had a melodious voice, even when he was merely talking, had shown him the way to the freshman wing. Bam Bam smiled, and thought that maybe high school at JYP wouldn't be so bad after all.

      "Oh ! Watch out!" The flower boy senior came at full speed towards Bam Bam on a skateboard, making frantic had motions for him to get out of the way. 

      "Heads up, freshie!" Another boy, with a book, and a heart shaped face, turned the corner, slightly amused at the senior's actions. Bam Bam dodged the board, and the senior flipped off of the board, slowing down from a fast jog into a run, breathing in a sigh of relief. The other boy walked towards Bam Bam, who had fallen on the ground.

      "Are you alright?" The older boy fussed over Bam Bam like a mother, helping him up, while dusting off his uniform, and his hair, while whining like a hen. Bam Bam nodded, and tried to slowly back out of the boy's grip, but failed. He got dragged back, and was soon being dusted off again. The boy from earlier who had helped him open his locker rounded the corner, and laughed with the flower boy, as he took in the scene. Bam Bam smiled awkwardly, before thanking the sophomore, bowing to him, and jogging off. The fencing boy hooked an arm around the mother-like boy's neck, chuckling.

      "Serioudly, Jin Young, you gotta lay off that kid. Aren't I right, Mark?" The two high fived, while Jin Young reached out with grabby hands in the direction that Bam Bam had disappeared to. 

      "He was so adorable! Shut up, Jackson, I know that yyou thought he was cute, too!" Jackson playfully stuck out his tongue, and headed to seventh period. Bam Bam rushed out of school once the last bell rang. Even though it was his first day, Bam Bam had enough school. He jogged lightly past the billboard at the entrance of the school. He took a few steps backwards, and looked at a certain flyer. It advertised an ad for a... music club. Maybe he would join. Bam Bam looked at the date of the auditions, and smiled. Tomorrow? He was just in time! He grabbed one of the flyers, and headed home with high spirits. The next day at school, Bam Bam slowly reached towards the destination of the audition room. He peeked into the room, and watched as a tall, handsome teenager walked onto the stage shyly, and waved to the judges. The music came on, and Bam Bam was shocked when the shy boy turned charismatic as he started house dancing, twirling and spinning all over the stage gracefully. The music wasn't overpowering, and the kid's dance fitted with the story of the song. As the song ended, the teenager flipped, and landed perfectly in the center of the stage. Bam Bam clapped loudly along with the judges. Next, he saw the boy with the nice speaking voice walk onto the stage, bowing politely to the judges. As the music echoed through the auditorium, Bam Bam recognized the music. Good Day, by IU. Bam Bam had absolutely no idea how that boy would reach IU's high notes. As the boy sang, Bam Bam was enchanted by his voice. His singing sounded even better than his talking!

      "I'm in my dreeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaam!" Bam Bam gasped as the boy didn't run out of air, and he managed to hit the high notes perfectly without going into falsetto. The boy finished off the song, breaking the judges out of their trance. The next contestants moved onto the stage, smiling dorkily, and awkwardly. The three other teenagers that Bam Bam had met bowed awkwardly at different times, making the judges smiled amusedly. There was a camera in front of the stage, and while two of the teenagers stood still and waited for the music, one of the boys who had the fencing equipment waved excitedly towards the camera.

      "Mommy! I'm on television," he yelled in English.

      "Oh my god, Jackson! Shut up!" The flower boy pulled Jackson back into place, and they waited. The song "PROXY" by Martin Garrix pounded through the speakers, as the three teenagers started dancing. Bam Bam was in awe as two of the boys flipps while the one in the middle spun extremely fast on his hands. At the end of the dance. The flower boy flipped, while the boy with the fencing equipment pushed him midair over the boy with the scary face. The boy landed perfectly, and flashed a smile to the judges. They walked off the stage. It was Bam Bam's turn. Oh no. He forgot to get the background music for his rap. .             

      "Neoneun nae mameul ani moreuni. Namjareul goreulttae wollae iri sigani geollini. Iman hamyeon aljanheo wae yunanhi ireoni. Nega neoui iseonghyeonggwa geureoke manhi dareuni. Naneun jeongmallo aju gwaenchanheun namjaya. I’m a good boy. Taseoge hanbeonman sewo jumyeon mallupo. Neoneun sungnyemunboda sojunghan gukbo. Geureoni gihoereul jwo. Geuge negen gajang keun chukbok." Bam Bam prayed that this would be enough for the judges, and walked off, not daring to look at their amazed faces. The next day, Bam Bam hopefully rushed towards the paper that had members' names on it. He dejected trailed his finger down the list as he neared the end of the last row. He missed the last few names, giving up. A shadow fell over him, and Bam Bam was face to face with the tall teenager that had danced yesterday. The teenager smiled softly, and pointed to the second to last name on the list. Bam Bam turned. Kunpimook Bhuwakul. That was his name. He watched as the teenager's finger trailed to the last name. Kim Yugyeom.

       "I made it!" Bam Bam was elated. He jumped in glee, turned, and without thinking, he hugged the teenager that was standing over him. Yugyeom stilled for a moment out of awkwardness, and later, started patting Bam Bam on the back lightly. It was pretty obvious that he wasn't from Korea. Bam Bam bowed in thanks to Yugyeom, and skipped down the hall, twirling, and rapping a verse from "The Seventh Floor." Yugyeom chuckled, and walked off down the hall, to meet up with his hyungs.