CH. 4 (MARKJIN)

GOT7 Drabbles

       "Jinnie! Come here," Mark yelled from the sofa. The said boy walked out of the bathroom, and sat himself down on the sofa next to Mark. The latter was holding his phone in his hand. Jinyoung hooked his arm around Mark's slim neck, trying to get a peek at the screen of Mark's Samsung. Mark turned away, his phone facing him. Jinyoung wrinkled his brow in annoyance, and made a grab for Mark's wrist. He missed, leaving an irritated Jinyoung, and an amused Mark. 

       "I'll let you see! Patience, young grasshopper!" Jinyoung spotted the blue book next to Mark on the couch.

       "John Green?" Mark ignored him, scrolling through his phone. His eyes lit up, and he cradled his phone protectively to his chest.

       "Let's make a bet." Jinyoung perked up at the word "bet." 

       "What kind of bet?" 

       "I bet you twenty bucks,  that you're going to think the color of this dress is white and gold." Jinyoung laughed.

       "Well, you'd need common sense to actually know the color of a dress! How hard can it be?" Mark smirked. He held out the phone to Jinyoung. Jinyoung stared at the picture for a moment.

       "White and gold... wait... what?" Mark burst into a fit of giggles, leaning back onto the couch, and kicking his legs in the air. Jinyoung pouted, and grabbed the still giggling Mark, shaking him by the shoulders.

       "Stop laughing!" Jackson ran in, and jumped onto the couch next to Jinyoung, pulling the latter into a headlock. 

       "What's going on?" Mark's shoulders were still shaking as he tried to hold in his laughter, while he held out his hand to Jinyoung, who sulked, shoving 4 five dollar bills into the latter's hand.

       "Oh! Are you guys talking about the dress?" Jinyoung nodded, and pouted, leaning into Mark's shoulder.

       "Isn't it black and blue?" Jinyoung sunk into the couch as the other two high fived, and laughed at Jinyoung together.


      "What're you guys doing?" Bam Bam jogged in, Yugyeom close behind him. Jae Bum walked in with a sleepy Young Jae on his back, rubbing his eyes.

       "Are you guys talking about the dress?" Yugyeom and Bam Bam jumped up when they heard Jae Bum's remark.

       "Me and Yugyeom see black and blue!" The six heard a muffled groan that came from Jinyoung, who was slowly, little by little, sinking further into the couch, until his head couldn't be seen. Jae Bum decided to keep quiet, as to not make Jinyoung feel any worse, but forgot about Young Jae.

      "The dress was proved to be black and blue," he mumbled quietly into Jae Bum's neck. Proved to be black and blue... proved... black and blue... black and blue.... Jinyoung felt these words echoing in his head as Young Jae went back to sleep. Mark had passed out from laughter, and Jackson was lying on top of him, still chuckling quietly. Yugyeom and Bam Bam continued to fawn over the dress on their own phones, while Jae Bum walked back into his room with Young Jae. Jackson picked himself up, groaned while stretching, and gave Jinyoung a wink before skipping back to the kitchen. Jinyoung looked at the picture again, and frowned. He could only see white and gold. There was no unseeing it! The dress was white and gold! And he was gonna prove it to Mark. Mark was still unconscious as Jinyoung started looking up information about "the dress." Aha! He has suceeded! After researching for minutes, he had finally found the answer! He started thinking.

                                                                                                          **********************************************

       "Everybody wake up!" Mark instantly woke up, expecting the smell of dinner. Jackson skipped out of his room, while Yugyeom and Bam Bam came back from their bubble tea date. Jackson pulled Young Jae and Jae Bum out of their rooms, and onto the couch, where he sat himself  next to a tired and pissed Jae Bum. Yugyeom sat down with Bam Bam already halfway onto his lap. Jinyoung stood in front of the confused group, and looked around. He found a shelf. He pulled a randon book out, and scanned the pages, reading out loud.

       "To open secret lab, put book back..." Jinyoung shoved the book back into the empty space where the book originally was, and the shelf made whirring noises as it turned to reveal a secret lab. There were projectors with the colors white, gold, black, and blue, holograms that showed "the dress," and charts of surveys that people took about "the dress." The room glowed with green light from the lab, while Jackson stared in awe.

       "Jinyoung." The said boy turned to Bam Bam, who was in awe and confusion.

       "When did you build a secret lab?" Jinyoung shrugged, and turned back to the projectors.

       "After minutes of researching on Mark's old, Dell laptop that was a hand-me-down from his older sister, who used it for 12 years, I finally came to a conclusion about... the dress." Bam Bam and Yugyeom gasped, and started clapping. Jinyoung smiled at them.

       "You two get extras tonight!" The others groaned, and started complaining to the maknaes. 

      "SILENCE MERE MORTALS!" They fell into silence from disbelief.

       "Back to what I was saying... I finally found out how the dress managed to trick so many!" Jinyoung turned to one of the holograms, and twirled it around, showing everyone the whole dress. He then walked over to one of the boards that had a survey, and pointed to the bar with the most points.

       "It was proven that 75 percent of people that have actually seen the dress, see it as white and gold. Only a mere 25 percent see black and blue, which shows that our human race may be developing a new way of seeing things, and-"

       "Dude. The dress it black and blue. It's just the angle of the lighting," Yugyeom yelled out. Jinyoung looked at the survey, then back to Yugyeom. Then to the survey, then back to Yugyeom.

       "I just wasted minutes of research I could have used to get my money back!" Mark broke out into laughter again, making Jinyoung grit his teeth.

     "That's IT!" Jinyoung stood up, and tackled Mark headfirst onto the ground.