Do.. You, Perhaps.. Like Him..?

A Lost Lover

Taehyung’s POV:

Namjoon looked over to me, a blank expression on his face. “If you want to, then sure I guess. Just don’t tell the company that you’re staying with us. That wouldn’t do well with the public.” he clarified rolling his window down.

 

“Im going to call Jan Di and ask her if I can take a few days off from work so I can heal and try to remember what exactly happened..” she said, trailing on, the cool wind hitting her face. closing her eyes. “Yeah that sounds like a good idea, especially since it happened at work.” Hoseok glanced over to me, trying to figure out what I was thinking of. I didn’t know myself, I just found myself spacing out. Jin drove up to the dorm, Jimin and I getting down, Ahri getting out after us. “I’ll leave the car running, we left yesterday, but we have to go back to work today. So just show her in and stuff, I’ll keep the car running.” Jin shifting the car into ‘park’.

 

We all walked up, opening the door for her. “I’ll leave my card here, just incase you want to leave for whatever reason and won’t get locked out.” I handed her my personal key card. “If you want to borrow clothes, you can take from either of us. My top drawer is all shirts, the one below that are some shorts.” Jimin said, opening the door to his room. “Well pick up some clothes from your place when we can.” I said, placing an extra pillow on the couch. “JungKook really doesn’t like sharing clothes, so keep that in mind~” he added, a chuckle filling the empty room. “Remember the time I took his underwear~” he nudged me, wiping away a fake tear. “Here you go, sorry we have to do this under short notice, but we do have to leave. There’s extra sheets and blankets in that closet other there.” I pointed, her eyes following my every move.

 

“We know that you don’t want to be alone, but we’ll be back in a few hours, we’ll make sure not to stay too long. Just try to sleep and get as much rest as you can for right now. When we come back we’ll take a look at your bandages.” we explained, my hand rubbing her cheek as she took a seat on the couch.

 

See looked around the room, rubbing her arm, anxious. “We’ll be back soon okay? Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. And if anything, call me all right?” she bobbed her head. “Thank you guys, I promise  I won’t be a bother~” she commented, giving us a smile as we walked out the door.


 

“You think she’ll be fine there alone for a bit?” Jimin asked me, his hands tucked into his pockets, staring at the floor. “She’s a lot stronger than she looks, there’s nothing to worry about.” I reassured him.

 

Ahri’s POV:

The boys left, leaving me here alone.. I looked around, feeling the empty rooms echo, my thoughts. I stood up, looking around a bit more. Although I’ve been here before, I’ve never gone beyond the living room. I grabbed myself a glass of water, lingering in the house for a bit, keeping my mind occupied. I realized that I was still in the hospital gown, not even knowing where my clothes went from yesterday.

 

I walked into Taehyung’s room. Surprisingly, really clean and organized, didn’t really expect that from him. I looked at the walls, seeing my drawing of him framed and hung on the wall next to his bed, next to a giant stuffed lion plushie. “Awh~ that’s cute.” I smiled, seeing the room scattered with small stuffed animals, varying in species. I walked over to his drawers, a tad scared of what I’d find. “He didn’t tell me what order his things where~” I winced, sliding one of the wooden drawers open. A sigh of relief upon me seeing a bunch of tucked shirts. “Hmm.. it’s really cold here, I might as well get a sweater.

 

I brushed through his variety of sweaters and long sleeved shirts, spotting the one he wore the first time we went out together to the arcade, my mind returning to that day, my eyes glancing to the floor, a small grin appearing on me. I wound up picking out a black sweater, all black, on the back of it, a white letter ‘V’, followed by the number ‘95’ underneath. “I might as well get the pants from Jimin.” I murmured, turning the corner and entering his room. “Second.. drawer..” i tapped my lip, opening it, a sorted arrangement of different lengths and colors of pants. I grabbed a pair of gym shorts, seeing that I could tighten them.

 

Although I knew I was alone, I walked into the bathroom to change, locking to the door upon entering. I walked out, feeling pretty cozy, planting my onto the couch. I laid down, the pain meds wearing off, giving me an intense headache. I really didn’t feel like rummaging through their cabinets, or calling to ask where it was, so I tried my best to fall asleep, after multiple failed attempts and readjustments, I drifted off.


 

Taehyung’s POV:

“Guys you’re so slow~ Come on!” Jimin yelled, beating us to the elevator to our dorm. Namjoon and JungKook sloppily walking over, resting their backs on the walls, Jimin’s foot tapping as we ascended. Jin and I sped walked down the hall, Jimin running past us, swiping his card, the handle beeping accordingly. My heart melted upon seeing her. She was facing the door, completely knocked out, wearing my sweater. I couldn’t help but smile and the sight. “Jimin, are those.. your shorts..?” Yoongi asked, his fingers hovering in front of his face. “Shhh~” Jin commanded, a finger pressed to his lips.

 

“As much as I’d like to let her sleep, the nurse told us to take the bandages off today.” Hoseok instructed, looking over to the other members. “Tae, can you wake her up please?” Jin asked, reaching over the kitchen counter grabbing a pair of clean scissors. “Not this again..” Namjoon commented, rolling his eyes.

 

“Ahri.. Ahri, wake up. We’re back~” I sang, about to grab her nose, when her eyes fluttered open by themselves. “Oh, hey guys.” her arms stretching over her head. “Well that was a lot easier than usual.” I thought, sitting next to her and rubbing her back. “We’re gonna take off the bandage all right?” Jin asked, kneeling in front of her, bobbing her head, tilting it for a better angle. He slide the blades through one of the layers, sniping it, it rolling down her shoulder. He repeated this, until all the layers of fabric were loose, Jin slowly unwrapping them. The stitches on her head coming into full view. They weren’t as bad as I thought, but definitely looked painful. “How does it look..” she questioned, curiosity taking over. “Like it hurts.” JungKook said, tiptoeing to get a better view. “I got a really bad headache a few hours ago.” she mentioned, still a tad drowsy. “Did you take anything? We have medicine in the cabinet next to the fridge.” Jimin speaking up. “I didn’t want to get up and I didn’t want to call you and ask.” she nodded her head, laying down on a pillow, looking over to me. “I told you to call if you needed anything. Medicine is pretty important ok?” I getting hit her leg.

 

~~~

 

About a week passed with her staying at the dorm, her fear of being along slowly deteriorating. Her injuries were just now, noticeably getting much better. One of those days, I noticed she wasn’t sleeping in the couch.. but Jimin was.

 

“What are you doing there? Where’s Ahri?” I asked, half asleep and 4 in the morning. “She was uncomfortable and having a lot of pain so I gave her some medicine and let her sleep in my bed.” he said, laying back down, I shrugged my shoulders, wobbling back to my room with a half empty glass.

 

She started misplacing things here and there. First it was small things, like plates and cups that we would find in random rooms, with her no recollection of ever putting there. It grew to more important things like, car keys, phones, even wallets sometimes. The nurse did there might be memory problems at one point.

 

Ahri’s POV:

A few more days passed, making it my now, third week? Jan Di giving me a whole month, even two if I needed it for my recovery. Being at the dorm all the time now, I saw the few times the boys actually bickered over things. Things like shampoo. “WHO USED THE LAST OF THE SHAMPOO. WE HAD A DEAL, THE PERSON TO USE THE LAST OF THE SHAMPOO HAS TO BUY THE NEW BOTTLE. ANYONE REMEMBER THAT??” Namjoon screaming out. I swear it felt like an earthquake, the whole shaking from his powerful voice.

 

It was a rare occurrence, but it always felt weird if I was around when it happened. During the last few days, I couldn’t remember things I did earlier that week, and a few things from the weeks prior to those, holes forming within my thoughts from before. I was aware of where I was, but when it came to recalling what I actually did or who I was with, nothing would come to mind. “Ahri you wanna come with me to get dinner?” Jin asked me, realizing I haven’t gone outside in a few days.. I think?

 

We roamed around a supermarket, Jin still figuring out what to buy. “Hey Jin.. C.. Can I tell you.. something?” I grabbed his attention, standing and turning around to me. “Yeah, of course.” he said, his eyes wide. “Well..- nevermind. It’s a stupid thought..” I reprocessed it through my head, choosing to not tell him. “No, tell me. If it’s bothering you, just let me know. It’s not trouble.” He said, placing a hand on my shoulder and he walked forward a bit, looking at the packaged food in front of us, his eyes traveling down the aisle. “Well..” I bit my tongue. “I.. think Taehyung.. likes me..” I spoke, Jin not moving from his position. His eyes scanning the floor.


He swallowed hard before responding to me. “What makes you say that?” he asked, going back to cruising through the mart. “Well, he’s really touchy with me.. every morning, he wakes me up, he brings me flowers every few days. And he’s just so sweet with me.. he probably, I told you it was a stupid thought.” I nagged myself. “Noo, no it’s not a stupid thought.” he smiled at me. “Do.. you, perhaps.. like him..?”