We Tried To

A Lost Lover

Taehyung’s POV:

We got dressed, the guys and I making our way to our agency building, via company car. “Ehh? Ehh?! You excited?” Hoseok nudged me, sitting to my left. “Hmm?” I mumbled, still half awake. “You’re going to see your Juliet in a bit.” he nagged, Jimin giving us a more than rude stare. “Aye, hyung don’t be like that, please?” I said to Jimin, tired of him avoiding me. “You didn’t even talk to me yesterday, and you wouldn’t even acknowledge me at all this morning. We’re the only 95liners, you’re not gonna let this break our friendship is it?” I vented, really sad at how distant he’s been in the past couple days. “Okay, okay fine. Just don’t get all mushy in front of me all right?” he pleaded, his smile coming through a bit.

 

We parked and shoved our way out of the car, smacking into the other members and we piled out. “Its nice living so near here, it let’s me sleep more~ Plus, I can stay in the studio without coming back home so late” Suga commented, walking into the building. “I was here first!” Namjoon shouted, squeezing JungKook out of the frame of the elevator. “Hyung~” he whined, getting pushed into the other five of us. He wobbled into the elevator, the rest of us taking up any extra space in it. “Someone push the button.” Jin said, his arm too far to push it himself. “Ohh, this one..?” Jimin said, his finger hovering over the ‘lobby’ button. “Now’s not the time to mess around Jimin, we’re gonna get in trouble if we’re late!” Jin stated, Jimin realizing he doesn’t feel like doing another extra set of 50 push ups from the last time they lingered in more than just a tad late. “Ahh, true hyung!” he said, quickly pressing the ‘21’ button, it lighting up shortly after.

 

After getting out of the elevator, we walked down the hall towards our studio. Hoseok began to massage my shoulders, as if I was about to engage in some kind of boxing match. “Hyung..? What are you doing?” I asked, staring him quite perplexed. Just getting you warmed up for you love, be careful with those butterflies, don’t let them get the best of you.” He said, entering the room. I held my breath, kind of anxious to see her.

 

There was only one other person there, another part of the camera crew. The guys looked around, curious for themselves as to where she was. “Did you scare her off Tae?” Suga stating, making the guys laugh, more at me than with me.

 

“Haha, very funny you guys. She’s probably not here yet.” I said, hoping I was right. We all sat on the floor, starting to stretch, my eyes glued to the door. A few people came in, then left, then more came in. It was like this for the better part of 10 minutes. Suddenly, the door opened again. Her figure coming into view.

 

“Ahri! We thought you weren’t coming! You scared us for a bit there~” Jay said, patting her on the head. “So sorry I took so long, I was talking to-oooooo..” her words leaving my head as I focused more on her. She was wearing a grey long sleeve, her hair brushed back more than usual, dark skinny jeans that hugged her in just the right ways, finishing it off with red converse, making her look that much more stunning.

 

She turned to us, just noticing our presence. “Hey guys!” She said waving over at us, all of them, waving right back. She looked more directly at me, giving me a softer wave, her eyes glued to mine. Jay then nudged her, asking her for something, disconnecting our eyes. Hobi scooted over to me, laying his arm around my shoulder. “How you feeling?” he asked, rubbing my back. “I feel good, it’s gonna be a good day.” I replied, “That’s good. What are you gonna do about him?” he asked, gesturing to Jimin, who was just staring at her through the reflection in the mirror. His eyes following her every move. “I really can’t blame him though, I mean like, me and her aren’t dating, we really can’t because of the company. And he did meet her on his own terms.” I explained, Hoseok listening carefully.

 

Just them, Ahri came up to us, scaring me in the process. “You guys ready? We’re gonna start filming in a few minutes, so just letting you know.” She said, her eyes bouncing between Hoseok and I. “Yeah! Don’t worry, we’re good to go.” Hoseok said, pinching her cheek slightly. She flicked his nose before running back to her station, Hoseok laughing at her cute gestures. “Oh, she’s a fun one.” he smirked.

 

We filmed a small part of an interview style video, with questions from a few fans that know about us, even before we debut. Its pretty cool seeing people so curious about it, although we’re just like them. “All right guys! That’s a wrap~” Jay said, directing everyone to put their equipment in the next room.

 

“Can we go eat now?” JungKook asked. “We have to practice our choreography.” Suga stated, already a little tired himself, “But I’m reeeaaalllly hungry.” he frowned. “I’m sorry Kookie, but we can’t leave. We’ll go later.” Jin said, running his fingers through his hair.

 

Almost all the production staff had left, just a few people stayed, putting things away and just keeping tabs on things. I saw Ahri leave, taking her stuff with her. “She didn’t even say bye to us?” Namjoon questioning. “Did you say something to her Tae?” “Me? Not anything to upset her or anything. I didn’t even talk to her much today.” I clarified, wondering why she just left like that. “She didn’t look upset though.” Jimin said, speaking up for the first time in decent while. “You noticed too right?” I asked, seeing as he was staring at her long enough to notice. “You should text or call her later, see if anythings up.” Suga asked, laying on the floor. “Yeah, I will.” I replied, thinking if I really did say anything to agitate her. “So should we get started?” Hoseok questioned, all of us standing up. “Which track first?” Jimin asked, stretching his calves. “Let’s try ‘We Are BulletProof Pt. 2’. We need to brush up the middle of it. We’re still a little sloppy on the chorus.” Hoseok explained, turning to the stereo connected via bluetooth to his phone. As the music started, we all got into position, Namjoon in the front, JungKook and Hoseok to his left, Jimin and I to his right, and Suga and Jin behind Namjoon.

 

Practice was tedious to say the least. Because we don’t have choreography for a lot of songs, we just focus on 3 or 4, and practice them all day, getting all the timing right, even if it means staying late by yourself in the studio, trying to get it right. We repeated, and repeated, and tried again and again for an hour, just replaying the same part, until we all knew it perfectly. We decided to take a break, only for around 10 minutes. Most of us to falling to the floor, sweaty and already exhausted. Just then, the studio door opened up.

 

It was Ahri, with what looked like 4 or 5 white plastic bags in her hands.

 

“Ah, hey guys~” she said, giving us all a cute smile. “Where’d you go? We thought you left without saying by to us.” Namjoon said, wiping off his sweat with his sleeve. “Well.. I was talking to Tae and he told me you guys don’t really have a lot of time for yourselves, you don’t really get to just hangout. And.. I might of overheard JungKook before I left...” she said, glancing over to the bags she set down by the couch. “Did you get us food..?” JungKook’s eyes widening. “Maaaaybe..” she hinted, tucking a hair behind her ear. “You guys like chicken right?” “OF COURSE!” we all said in unision. “Well~” she grabbed the bags, bringing them over to where we were sitting on the floor in front of the mirror. “I hope you guys like it. It’s just a thank you for being so nice to me since meeting you guys.” she expressed as we all began digging into the bags. “Oh, I almost forgot something!” she got up, leaving for a quick minute. “HYUNG I LOVE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!” JungKook shouted, but quickly muffled by my hand. “She’s not my girlfriend!” I whispered back, making sure she couldn’t hear me. “Tae?” Jin called out. “Hmm?” responded. “I told you, she really is perfect.” he said, staring at the food. “Ahh, here we go!” she came back in, placing another bag in front of us. “They’re still cold too.” she opened the bag, placing a pack of sodas on the floor, each of us taking one.

 

“NOONA I LOVE YOU~” JungKook said, running to her and hugging her. My hand connected with my forehead. “This boy…” I thought to myself. “Noo please, its a thank you gift. I really do hope you enjoy.” she gave me a pat on the shoulder. She sat by one of the walls, “Do you guys mind if I just stay here? I won’t be a bother, I promise.” she asked, all of us nodding and bobbing our heads like puppets. “Are you sure you don’t want some? You bought it!” Jin commented. “It’s alright guys, I already ate, its for you.” she gestured.

 

Within 15 minutes, everything was gone and we were all stuffed. “Thank you Ahri~” we all sang, bringing a smile to her face. After a bit, we’ll continue with practice okay guys?” Namjoon yelled out, Jimin shushing him. “Hyung, you’re too loud.” he said, placing his hands over his ears.

 

“Hey Jimin..?” “WHAT?!” he yelled out, not realizing it was Ahri who’d called him. We all looked at him, all stuffed ourselves but not nearly as irritable. “Who called me?” he huffed, anxious. We all looked at Ahri, confused herself. “You called me..?” Jimin questioned, his face softening, realizing it was her. “I’m so sorry, what did you need?” he asked in a low voice. “Well, I just wanted to know why you haven’t been talking to me as much..” I talk to everyone else fine, but I feel like you avoid me.” she said, genuine worry in her voice. “Is everything ok?” she added. “Can I talk to you..? Like privately?” He asked, feeling tense. “Right now? Sure.” she got up, heading for the door, Jimin following closely behind, the door closing shut.

 

The room fell quiet, all of us trying to hear what they were talking about outside. “What do you think they’re talking about?” I asked, scared of the answers I’d get. “What if he’s confessing to her?” Suga said, Jin looking to the floor. “What if they’re talking about you?” Hoseok said, looking over to me. “Guys..” the others looked at me. “I think I really like her..” I said, the room becoming just as eerily quiet as before. After a while, the door opened, Jimin walking in, then Ahri.

 

“So.., how’d it go.” Jin asked, all of us curious. “It went well.” Jimin said, a decent smile on his face. “Don’t worry about it, he’s fine.” Ahri said, the two of them sharing a laugh. The rest of the guys looked at each other, sharing silent words. Pretty soon, we were back to practicing. Ahri had moved from the wall to the couch, laying down on it. I looked at the clock, ‘9:47pm’. “Already soo late, I took my eyes of her for a bit, trying to focus on the dances. It wasn’t long until she fell asleep there.

 

We had just finished practice, I wish it would’ve gone better. I managed to twist my arm a certain way and it was starting to really hurt. I have to ice it when I get back to the dorm. We grabbed our things, Hoseok went to wake up Ahri, I mean, try to wake her up, because she seriously was comfortable and almost refusing to get up. After several failed attempts, Hobi let out a huff. “You guys are really the same, you know that!?” he said nudging me. “How do we get her out of her, she won’t move.” Suga said, scratching his head. “Tae, just carry her.” Namjoon pointed at me. “I think I twisted my arm..” I groaned, not knowing what to do. “Hyung grab these for me.” JungKook said, handing his things to Jimin. He picked her up, bridal style. “So where to now?” he said walking out of the room. The rest of us looked at each other, chasing after him. We squeezed into the elevator again, a little tighter than before, but manageable. We made it to the car, because of the tight fit, we put her in the passenger seat, Jin strapping on her seatbelt, and JungKook sitting on my lap during the ride. “Where does she live, we’ll drop her off.” Jin said, Jimin and I both directing him simultaneously. Within 10 minutes, we arrived at her hotel. “Tae you think you can take her up? None of us know her roo-” “I know it.” Jimin said, interrupting Jin. “I can take her upstairs.” he said, already getting out of the car. He reached over, unbuckling her seatbelt. “Ahri..? Wake up pabo~” he sang, her body barely registering it. “Let me.” I scooted JungKook to the now empty seat, and got out of the car, walking over to her side.

 

I flicked her nose, twice, her eyes slightly opening. “Tae..?” she babbled. “Come on.” I grabbed her arm, sitting her up straight. She yawned, her eyes fully open. “Did you guys drop me off?” she questioned, turning around in the car, noticing Jin driving. “I could of walked you guys~” she whined. You could of just woken me up. We all looked at eachother. “We tried to.” we said in unision. “Ohh.. I’m sorry.. I’m a heavy sleeper.” I said, rubbing her arm nervously. “We could tell.” Namjoon said. “Go to bed, get some rest.” he said before waving her off. She got up, waving us goodbye as Jimin and I got back in the car, Jimin sitting in the back while I sat up front.


We arrived back home, all of us plowing into bed, exhausted from a long day. I was about to fall asleep, until I felt my phone vibrate from under the pillow. “Goodnight c:” It read, from Ahri. “Goodnight to you too :3” I replied before slowly falling asleep, the phone still in my hand.