I Chapter One I

Evolution

Jiyun's POV

We were all gathered in our own private dance studio. Since we were suppose to be on the down low we weren't able to practice and get trained at the same place most trainees would. It did cause us to be a little disappointed; we wanted to be able to meet and get tips from our Seniors. But we respected the decision of YG, I mean he did do all of this for us.

Our studio was still located near the YG building, only two blocks away. This would let us go to and fro easier and in a smaller time frame than if we were somewhere else. It was actually an apartment but after buying it and asking the manager for permission it was turned into a studio, complete with a recording booth and hardwood floors with the walls covered in mirrors. The studio itself and the money that was put into it was more than we expected. We all promised that once we became well known and brought in money of our own we would personally repay YG.

But that could've been postponed for a few more years, or so we thought. Before a couple weeks ago we never even thought of debuting this year, or even at this time. It seemed to be too much groups under YG debuting but he allowed us to too. After receiving the information we all called our families (not friends because YG didn't exactly trust them to know about F.EI) and shared the news. They were beyond happy, some parents even crying with their daughters. This was a dream we didn't think would come true at the moment.

Just thinking about the debut got us all ansty. It's already been two weeks since our conferance with YG. Since then we have barely left the studio, only leaving to get food, shower, and sleep. Our debut was a little different. We weren't going to sing our own song but one I specifically picked out. Before, YG made it important to watch WIN and Mix & Match and at that time we didn't exactly know why. Sure, they were from the same company but we didn't think it'd be that important to watch them with training going on. But now we understood.

He wanted us to see how they acted in the situations they were placed in and how they did all together. His plans for us were to: make a song/performance that told the audience about the iKON's struggles, go in and give them pointers, see how to act in front of an audience, and eventually even be on Mix & Match. We were excited to help our Juniors (He told us we were more of the Seniors to them, we also would be) and just getting the opportunity to finally meet them.

With his plans in mind I had to rewatch the two shows and start coming up with a song we could cover and edit to fit them. Seeing their vulnerability and how the survival show caused them a great deal of stress and even pain I came up with Human by Christina Perri. I thought the lyrics fit their situation well. With them being pushed to the test and going through not one but two survival shows just to debut. I presented this to YG and he thought it was perfect, not even minding that he was the creator for the way the boys are.

The choreography was much harder to do than anything else. Since our concept was more soft than hip hop we leaned more towards ballet and contemporary. Soyun and I had to stay up many nights to come up with moves to do with the occasional addition of Lina or Minji. Having multiple people to help did lead to the routine coming a bit quicker than if it was just Soyun and I.

We worked on the routine for many months till we thought it was perfect. We planned on showing YG but he liked surprises and wanted to see it when we actually used it for our performance.

Currently, we were practicing again since our debut was only a week away. The moves were stuck in our brains by now, the routine almost becoming a natural born knowledge to us. We continued to practice though, in fear that we could mess up something or maybe we would forget the moves.

"Cause I'm only human"

As the song ended we all collapsed onto the floor. Our chests rising and falling with every gasp for air. We were covered in sweat, our mouths dry and crying for water, but this only brought us satisfaction. With every ache in our body, every dance move completed, we knew it meant we were ready.