| Chapter Two |

Evolution

Narrator's POV 

The nine boys lined up at the side of the stage. They jumped around trying to calm there nerves. This wasn't the first time they were performing in front of YG and their seniors, but this being a competition is what brought on the fear. 

Hanbin looked at all the boys individually. He was scared of the outcome. He wanted the original Team B members to make it but at the same time he wanted the other three new members to also. He didn't know what to feel anymore, he was acting bipolar. 

One of the staff came and told the boys they had five minutes before they had to go on. They all quickly gathered together sharing some encouraging words before dispersing. As the minutes passed by they felt adrenanline rush through their veins. The sound of their fans screaming sounded like music to their ears. 

Their opening song played and each member ran out at their apropriate time. The scream grew louder, their smiles growing bigger. Then they got into formation and danced. 

After two performances and breaks in between it was time for YG to come to stage. 

When they were told that there would be an intermission between their performances they didn't know what to think of it. It scared them even more knowing that YG was going to talk. After many surprises coming to them they were expecting the worst. 

Would he kick someone out? 

Add more people? 

Some had good thoughts though, 

Was he going to let us all debut together? 

Were we all safe?

This little of a thing caused great confusion to the boys. There was nothing more frustrating than not knowing what was to come. So, when it was time for the intermission they all huddled around monitors to see what was to happen. 

"Hyung, what if-?" Donghyuk didn't even get to finish his sentence before Hanbin interrupted him, "We don't know, yet." He said to him. He didn't want the boys to have bad thoughts about the situation. 

YG got out of his seat and made his way to the stage. No one knew what was happening, what he had to say. Even the other YG artists didn't know. Everyone anticipated the moment when YG would talk. 

"I must be shocking everyone being up here and I can only imagine how the boys are feeling. But don't worry this has nothing to do with them, this is actually something I've been looking forward to." Mumbles were heard from the audience, the artists and nine trainees stayed quiet. "For a few years now I have had a secret project going on. Not many people knew about it, only those I trusted to keep it to themselves knew. I wanted this to come out perfect, for them  to be perfect." YG paused, making the people in the stadium more anxious to know what it was. 

"Them?" Junhoe voiced. They had all heard him say it. The situation grew even more confusing. A secret project? Them?

"I guess I better let me come on stage before you all explode with curiosity. Here they are, F.EI." He stepped off the stage quickly, making his way back to his seat. The artists next to him turned and all gave him the same look, but when music started to play they turned to the stage. 

There were white lights shining on five figures. They dressed in long, thin white dresses. Their faces covered in white masks to hide who they are. A voice started singing and soon they were all dancing perfectly synchronized. 

They captivated the audience and everyone there with their beautiful dancing. This was something new to YG, something out of the box. It wasn't the usually hip hop and rap. It was a soft, gentle concept. 

The voice stopped singing for a moment (A/N Part 3:33 on the song) and a video played on the screen. 

The soft melody continued to play but now accompanied with the video. It showed the boys and everything they went through. From WIN, to Mix & Match. It showed their best times and their hard. Soon it ended with them all laughing as one group and the voice started again. (Cont. from 3:33) 

The song and the video perfectly portrayed how the boys felt. They couldn't help but to start to cry, even some of their seniors and the audience felt tears start to well up in their eyes. It not only made them think to how the boys felt, but their past and present experiences too. 

For some, it wasn't the first time hearing the song but somehow.. with the dancing and the video, it seemed so much more understandably and emotional than before. 

When the song ended four girls bent down, creating an almost circle around one. One light shone on her as she pulled her mask off. It was the maknae of F.EI, 16 year old Ahn Lina. "To the boys of Mix & Match, for all the hard times you've went through, and to those who've felt pressured, this performance is for you."  

The light turned off, allowing the girls to walk off the stage. The audience was quiet for a few minutes, taking the time to collect themselves. Then, loud screams filled the audience. It was their way of saying thank you to both the performers and to the boys for all they've done. 

YG cleared his throat to quiet down the audience. "This was my first time seeing them perform this, and honestly I didn't expect it to be that great. It beat my expectations. I hope you like it and like the change they brought here. That is YG's new girl group F.EI. Over the next few weeks the member's profiles will be posted, today is the maknaes turn and it will go backward until it gets to the leader. That is all I will say on the matter, please enjoy the rest of the boys' performances." He sat back and listened to all the screams, they brought on a satisfying feeling to him. 

You girls did good, he thought.