Heaven

Moments

HunHan: Heaven.

I lazily opened one eye, still not ready to be fully awake. The blurry sight of Luhan’s face made me smile. Blinking to full clarity, I take a moment to really study his face.

 

Even after all these years, It still amazes me how breathtakingly beautiful he could really be. The angle at which the sunlight was hitting his face was perfect. It cast shadows, highlighting the sharp angle of his cheekbones. His long lashes skimmed the top of them, giving him an ethereal appearance. His small shoulders rose and fell with each breath he took.

 

I thought to myself how lucky I was to have such a beautiful person by my side. It wasn't just his angelic looks either. He was simply a beautiful person. His heart was enormous, as was his capacity to love.

 

It was that loving heart that brought us here, together. Five years earlier, I was in a very toxic place. The once invincible Exo was finally being brought to its knees. We weren’t as young, or as driven. The members had dwindled down to a heartbreaking seven. I had wanted out for a long time. In fact, I think it was ever since Luhan left. Nothing was the same. We were constantly arguing, and I realized that Luhan was our rock. He brought out the best in all of us and then he was gone. But I had nowhere else to go. My binding contract was still very much present, and I didn't have the funds to break away. I never knew anything other than my company, so I was useless with anything else.

 

I had even started experimenting with drugs. Anything that would take the pain away. The other members noticed when it was too late. I was too far gone. I was doing things I had promised myself never to do. Things I’d promised Luhan I wouldn't do. The worst was when I was caught leaving a love motel. Reporters pounced on me, eventually releasing the fact that I was leaving from some sort of gay . I was kicked out of the group, and blacklisted from any entertainment company.

 

I still didn’t care. I was too drugged out to notice. Until Luhan found me. He walked into me outside a train station. I was walking around with a beer bottle in hand, yelling at anyone who stared long enough. He took me to his hotel room, and we just talked. It was the first time in years that I’d spent the night with someone, just talking. I told him everything. My pain. My anger. My love. I hadn’t expected it to be reciprocated. I just wanted to be honest.

 

But he did. He ended up taking me back to China with him. He opened up a music school for kids who wouldn't be able to afford it. I began working for him as a dance instructor as soon as I got out of rehab. We now co-own the place. We live together, work together, and love together.

 

I look at his peaceful face again and think to myself ‘this right here. This is heaven.’


A little look at Hunhan in the future. They're kind of cute^^

 

Jay-Hun