Restoration

Fighting! ,Park Shin Hye

Shin Hye accidentally fell asleep while listening to music.

She opened her eyes. Jung-suk was sitting right in front of her. Her eyes widened. He gave a foxy smirk.

“Hey” he said smoothly.

No response from Shin Hye.

“I’ve missed you.”

“Shut up.”

He laughed.

“You’re so cute. I brought you flowers.” He pointed at the bouquet of flowers he laid on the table.

“Thanks…”

“Which song are you going to play?

“What are you talking about?”

“I know you entered the competition.”

“No-“ he interrupted her.

“Don’t lie to me. I saw Kahi writing your name down on the list.”

“-__-“ 

He laughed.  

“I entered a competition in Germany. I won that competition, but it didn’t feel the same. You weren’t there.”

“I see.” She was emotionless which frustrated him.

“I’ve come to win and beat you for once.”

She rolled her eyes. “Ok then.”

You really like to step on my man pride.’ He thought. 

“You’re so cold, Shin Hye. Warm up a little bit.” He stood up and walked towards Shin Hye and bent his knees. He leaned in and started hugging her.

“I really missed you” he whispered into her ear.

Omg he is such a tease.

Soon. Soon you will be mine.’

He stopped hugging her.

“Well. I will see you soon.” He smirked again. He walked out. He looked to his right and saw Ailee. She gently smiled and he half grinned at her.  He continued to walk.

 

What is happening? Why are they interested in her?’ Ailee was feeling a sensation of anger rising in her.

~

Shin Hye POV

Omg why does he do that? He is so annoying.  It is not my fault that the judges prefer my performance than his. He plays well and doesn’t miss a single note but there is something about his playing that just doesn’t fit. He is such a tease. I can’t with him. I honestly just have so much pity for him. He practices and practices to be the best but his eyes are filled with hate, resentment, and sadness. He is so different from Yong Hwa. He sings and plays with his heart and mind. He loves what he does and has a purpose to play and sing. He sings and plays for his mom which makes it ten times better. You feel his soul into the music. I feel some sort of connection. I wish to play a song to reach him at the competition.

Anyways, today is weigh-in day. Let’s see how much I gained. I am actually excited; I really want to get out of this hospital. I am following a plant based diet which will help gain the weight my body needs. It is really helping me. I’ve been eating abundantly without guilt.

I hope Yong Hwa comes before its time for my weigh in. I glanced over at the clock. It’s almost time. He’s not here. I want to get to know him more. I don’t even know his cell phone number. The only thing that seems to connect us is music.

 

“Shin Hye, let’s go.” The nurse said.

 

I got up and followed the nurse. This was judgment day for me. Let’s hope for the best.

They did a check up and I stepped on the scale.

“Shin Hye”

“Yes?”

The nurse smiled. “You are at a healthy weight!!!”

“Omg!!!!” I started to jump up and down. The nurse had to stop me because I was jumping on the scale. I was super happy. I was actually feeling better too. My hands and feet weren’t cold anymore.  My system was working again!

I can’t wait to tell Yong Hwa and Kahi.

~

Ailee’s house

It was time for dinner at the Park’s house. It was quite silent until Mr. Park spoke up. He cleared his throat.

“ I received a call from the hospital that Shin Hye is weight restored.”

Ailee and her mother were uninterested.

He continued.

“So, I decided to bring her back and let her live with us.”

“WHAT?” ailee and her mother both exclaimed.

“Why do you love her more than Ailee?” Ailee’s mother questioned.

Mr.Park was really pissed.

“Are you serious? I chose over you and Ailee than Shin Hye from my original marriage. I think I have left her alone long enough. She is my daughter and I do love her.”

“Wait what?!” Ailee exclaimed. “Wasn’t her mother the one that made you cheat on my mom?”

It was awkward.

“Who told you that?” he asked.

Her mother kicked her under the table.

“No, I cheated on her mother. I decided to stay with your mother Ailee.”

Ailee didn’t know how to feel. She was angry at Shin Hye for being a burden to the family, especially her mother. But is she the burden now?

“Honey, the thing is you gave Shin Hye the money to go to Julliard and every month you would give her money. More money than you would give Ailee.”

“Have you heard of Child Support? Stop making excuses. I gave everything to you guys, a place to live, food and my love. Is that not enough?”

She rolled her eyes.

He continued.

“I love her. She is my daughter and she is coming to live with us tomorrow. That is final.” He stood up from the table and left the dining room.

~

“How is the girl.. Shin Hye?”

Yong Hwa didn’t answer. He kept playing his guitar.

“I remember how you wanted to meet her since you were little. And now you did, at her worst of her life. You know, she will never forget.”

Yong Hwa didn’t answer to his mother.

“Yong, you’re so handsome. Don’t let any obstacle stop you from pursing and fighting for what you want. Show her you are the one through music and actions. Don’t give up…” she fell asleep.

He stopped playing his guitar.

 

‘I won’t give up’

He smiled.