Give up

Fighting! ,Park Shin Hye

 Chapter 18

“Ok, lets track down the number, Kahi.” Hye young stated.

“Ok let me type the number down.”

Kahi typed the number and entered it.

“Damn it. Of course, there’s no location.”

“Ughh.” Hye young sighed. “I need to find him. He’s near.”

“I’ll go with you.”

“No its better alone. I don’t want you to risk your life. You’re the only one that’s left for Shin Hye.”

“You’re the only one that’s left for Yong Hwa.”

Hye Young turned her head to avoid eye contact with Kahi. Her eyes began to form water.

“I don’t understand how he keeps getting away. How come I haven’t arrested him? He’s going to keep hurting me and the people I love. He killed my one and only husband. He knows I’m weak.” She pounded her fist on the table.

“Hye you’re not weak…”

“I AM” She sobbed and sobbed.

“Look together we will figure it out. You’re not alone. The truth always always shines.”

Kahi hugged Hye Young from behind.  She took in a deep breath.

“You’re right…”

Kahi went back to her chair.

“You know what…remember the girl from a few months ago?”

“Yeah, how is she?”

“She doesn’t look too well. She is Shin Hye’s  step sister.”

“ No way! That’s crazy. Let’s ask her if she has any relation to him. Maybe that way we can find out if he really killed Shin’s mother. And why she was with him…Let’s go, Kahi.”

They both got up from their chairs and left immediately.

-

“Protect her” these words resounded through Yong’s head.  He turned the car around and followed the BMW.

The restaurant was the same one from yesterday. It’s the same restaurant where he performs. ‘Perfect’ he thought. He stayed in his car as he saw the guy open the door for Shin Hye.

“Have you been here?” Byung-hee asked Shin Hye as they both sat down.

“Yes.”

“What? Who?”

“My friends.”

“Ahh don’t brag Shin Hye. I don’t have friends.”

She slightly smiled. “Thank you for the dinner. I appreciate it.”

“You’re so polite with me. Oh look the waiter is coming.”

“Anything to drink?”

“Can I have the raw apple juice?”

“Sure, you sir?”

“Can I have a lemonade?”

“On my way.” The waiter left.

“Soo, tell me about yourself.”

“Mhmm..I’m Ailee’s step sister.”

“I know that. Some thing else.” He raised his eyebrows in a flirty way. Shin Hye ignoring him, turned her head and saw somebody familiar walking towards them.

“Jong-suk?”

“What?” Byung-hee turned his head.

“Mind if I take a seat?” He sat down next to Shin Hye with a shady smirk.

“Go away..” Byung-hee said while smiling. Shin Hye remained with a poker face.

“You chose a song yet?” Jong-suk asked Shin.

“No.”

“Wow, the competition is in September you know.”

“I’m well aware of that.”

“Aren’t you scared…I might beat you?”

“Stop being a jerk.” Byung-hee butted in.

“You’re scared.” She took a sip of the apple juice that had just arrived.

“It’s crazy how I find you guys here. How did you guys meet?” Jong-suk was smirking the whole time.

“He’s my step sister’s friend.”  She said with no mercy.

“Are you guys-“

“Jong-suk don’t.”

“No we are not dating.”

“You can’t be fooling around Shin Hye.”

“Why do you care what I do?” Her eyes were intense.

Jong-suk laughed. “You’re cute that’s why.”

Byung-hee clenched his fist.

“I don’t believe you.” Shin Hye focused her eyes on the menu.

Yong Hwa walked through the door.

“Oh hey Yong Hwa! We were about to call you! The person that was going to perform cancelled.”  The manager came up to him.

“Oh! My band members aren’t here.”

“It’s okay. I have a guitar if you want. We just need a performer. I’ll pay you.”

“Oh..okay..” He puts his hands in his pockets and spots Shin Hye.

“I’m going to go sit down.”

“That’s fine. We will call you.” The manager assured him.

He went walking towards Shin Hye. 

After they all ordered their food, she turns her head to see Yong Hwa. Her eyes brightened. He waved and went by the table. Byung Hee notices her change of mood.

“Hey.” His eyes glistened.

“Hi…” she bowed her head.

‘Where have I seen him?’ Jong-suk’s mind was going all over the place.

“Why…”

“Last minute performance..”

Byung and Jong would exchange glances.

“Ohh..” Inside Shin Hye was overjoyed. She loves hearing him sing.

 

“Take a seat.” She said to him.  He did as she said.

“Hi nice to meet you all.” Yong tried not to be awkward. He knows that her ‘buddy’ Jong suk is there. ‘No, be confident.’ He would tell himself.  The other two just nodded their head.

“My name is Byung-hee.”

“My name is Jong-suk. Nice to meet you. But I believe I’ve seen you before…”

“Really?”

“Hmm let’s see..I think I’ve seen you in my competitions..”

Shin Hye was intrigued but she only listened.

“Are you my fan?”

Byung-hee let out a laugh. “You are conceited. Nobody would want to be your fan.”

“That question…I highly doubt he is your fan.” Shin Hye was enjoying this conversation.

“Ahh. I don’t know..” Yong Hwa was nervous. Not yet. He doesn’t want to tell her just yet.

Their food came and it was time for Yong Hwa to perform.

“The food is delicious, thank you.” She ate a big bite of her veggie burger.

“No problem.” Byung-hee smiled.

“Thanks bro.” Jong-suk wore his shady smirk.

“YongHwa will now perform his self composed song “Because I’m a Fool.”

 

Shin Hye’s face expression was left in awe. The lyrics and his voice gave her life. ‘I wonder who he wrote this song to…’ she thought as she clapped. Byung-hee was observing every action of hers.

“Excuse me, the bill?” Jongsuk asked. He wanted to pay the bill. You know how man pride is.

“Uh the Mr. Jung paid the bill already. Nice friend you have there.” The waiter told them.

Byung hee chuckled.

“What are you laughing about?” Jong-suk muttered.

“Your plan failed.”

“Yours too.”

“We should thank him.” Shin Hye butted in.

“Ahh but you know this wasn’t really my invite if somebody else paid.”  Byunghee suggested.

“But I did eat with you.” She replied.

“She has a point.” Jongsuk said.

Yong Hwa walks over to the table.

“Thank you for paying.” Shin Hye grinned.

“No problem.” He smiled. Jong-suk’s blood was boiling. Yong Hwa is annoying him more than Byung-hee.

“Um, Yong Hwa can you take me home?” Shin Hye looked up at him with sparkling eyes. His heart was beating. 

“I can take you h-“ Jongsuk was going to suggest but Byung-hee kicked him.

“Yeah, of course.”

“I don’t want to bother you guys.” She said to Byung-hee and Jongsuk.

Byung-hee nodded. Shin Hye rose from her seat. “I left the sweater in your car. Thank you for everything.” She let out a smile. This satisfied Byung-hee. She walked out with Yong Hwa.

Jong-suk let out a sigh. “Why..”

“Dude, I’m not going to fight with the wind. She likes him. I can’t do anything about it.”

“Liar..”

“What part am I lying?” Byunghee crossed his arms.

“You still haven’t forgotten about her?”

He nodded. “I thought I did really like Shin Hye but I can’t help but think of Ailee, her step sister when I’m with her.”

“I never have seen her before. Are you scared I’ll take her away?”

“You’re funny. I don’t know maybe because you’re always with the piano.”

“Ha..ha” Jongsuk said with a sarcastic tone.

“I just want Ailee to get herself together before I start anything with her again. She probably still likes that guy Yong Hwa.”

“That guy?”

“Yeah. But he rejected her saying he already had somebody. I guess that somebody is Shin Hye.”

“Oh…”

“Give up on her.”

“What?....”

Byung-hee rose from his seat.

“Well see ya.” He left the restaurant.

“Give up…” Jongsuk muttered the words.

-

 Yong was driving Shin Hye home.

“Congrats on your arrival of ..”

“Oh, thank you…”

“That means your body is finally repairing itself.”

“Yeah..but this is only the beginning.”

“But the beginning of good things..”

“You’re right”

“Have you chosen a song yet?”

“Mmm..I need to do that.” She looked at him and smiled. He parked the car. He got out of the car and quickly opened the door for her.

“Thank you so much for everything. I really liked your song.”

“Ha, thanks. I wrote it like a year ago.” Yes it was a year ago after she fainted and he saw Jongsuk crying for her. He surely felt like a fool. He was glad that she was able to hear his song.  He was feeling confident today. She decided to leave with him and not Jongsuk or the other guy.

“Goodnight..”

Immediately, Yong Hwa grabbed her arm and pulled her into his embrace.

“I’m so proud of you. Keep up the good work, Shin Hye.”  He was hugging her. She felt his warmth of his body. She slowly put her arms around his waist and laid her head on his chest. “Thank you…” she whispered.

-

Ailee,Kahi and Hye Young met in a café.

“So what is it that you need from me?”

“Well, remember that time…” Kahi began to speak.

Ailee nodded her head. “How’d you meet Tae Hoon?” Hye young spoke directly.

Ailee turned her head the other way to avoid their eye contact.

“Look you know us, we won’t hurt you.” Kahi touched her hand in a motherly way.

“Well, I met him at a florist shop…

                        “Miss I love these flowers.”

                       “Ah me too. They’re in season too.” The lady went to the back to arrange some flowers for a customer. A man came in to the shop.

“Miss I’m here for my flowers.” Ailee looked at him. He was handsome and something she has not seen before. A different beauty. She was staring too long that the man noticed. He turned his head to look at her. She smiled at him.

After he paid for the flowers, he took one out. “Here for the pretty young lady.” He gave her a lily. It was something that a guy has never done for her. He left the store.

“Oh, you catch many men’s attention.” The owner of the flower shop bugged her.

Ailee noticed that he had dropped his wallet. She picked it up. Weird. It didn’t have any money inside instead a little note. The note had his number on it and said ‘call me.’

‘What way of flirting..’ she thought. But she dialed it anyway. Maybe he was the love of her life.

“Ehh..you called. When do you want to meet up?”

“I’m only 18 you know.”

“Aren’t you considered an adult?”

“You’re right. Tomorrow?”

“Alright..”  

 He treated me so well. I loved him. He gave me happiness when my parents weren’t paying attention to me. He listened to me, gave me advice and presents. One of the best boyfriends you can ask for. But he was always making suspicious calls and..and..I feel used.”

“What did he do?”

“He said we would escape together and live happily. But..he betrayed me. He left with my dad’s bank account number…but the good thing is that my dad has two bank accounts. The one I gave him only had 2 million.”

Kahi and Hye Young sighed.

“He’s so disgusting. He’s in his forties, Ailee. I can’t take it.” Hye Young said with anger.

“But I learned my lesson. I’m going to see a therapist, Kahi.” She said hopelessly.

“Do you know any of his weaknesses?”

“No… he was always strong around me. He never really talked about his problems.” Ailee drank her coffee.

“Thank you for your time.” Hye Young stood up.

“Excuse me, why do you need information about him. I was so confused when Kahi came to get me that day.”

“He’s a murderer.” Hye Young’s response stung Ailee.

 

Author's note:: Yay for memorial weekend! I get to update! Thank you for reading! I love you guys!!