Little Star

Fighting! ,Park Shin Hye

CHAPTER 30

“Can I? It is our first fans.” Yong Hwa pleaded to his manager. The manager saw through his eyes  that this was really important for him. The night was dark and there was bits of snow on the ground melting.  The manager sighed and nodded his head.

“Alright make a line behind me to take a picture with CNBLUE. Don’t sue us if you slip or fall.” The manager commanded. The girls obediently and carefully got in line behind the manager. Shin Hye settled in for last.

It was Shin Hye’s turn. She was so excited but her facial expressions did not show it at all. Her heart was beating faster than ever. She stood before Yong Hwa and their eyes met.  For some reason, his heart started to beat so fast that it felt like he was running a marathon. She gave him a cute grin. He started to feel really hot under the cold weather. ‘No, I can’t do this. I have to stay faithful for Shin Hye.’ he thought to himself. She came forward and whispered loud enough for Yong Hwa to hear, “Long time no see.” Yong’s eyes widened. He knew that voice, he knew it. It had to be her. He knows Shin Hye’s voice. He can’t be mistaken. “Shin Hye..”he muttered under his breath. They all got ready for the picture. Shin Hye was in between YongHwa and Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Jungshin were behind them. The manager took the picture.

“Thank you so much!” she bowed her head in front of CNBLUE and the manager. She grabbed her phone.

“Alright, we are off!” The manager exclaimed. The fans leaned against a wall while they gave them space to enter the van. They waved goodbye to them. Shin Hye stood from afar watching as they enter the van. She felt good about herself that she was able to act cool infront of Yong Hwa.

Everyone was settling in the van and putting on their seatbelts. After they were settled in, Yong Hwa begins to speak.

“Thank you.” He directed it to the manager.

“No problem.” He said curtly while he laid his head back on the car seat. “Was that girl your ex?”

“Huh?” Yong Hwa was caught by surprise. “Which one?”

“The last one. She was the reason you wanted to take pictures huh?” The manager smirked.

“Wait was that Shin Hye?!” Minhyuk exclaimed.

“I think it was..her voice sounded really similar. I believe it was her.” Yong Hwa answered.

“Ahh you don’t even know how Shin Hye looks like? What type of boyfriend are you?” Minhyuk complained.

“We’ll find out…” Yong Hwa was confident. He looked out the window and saw that the moon was sparkling. ‘Long time no see.’ replayed in his head.



 

“Um, Miss. Hye Jung, where are we going?” Shin Hye asked as Hye Jung was driving a different route.Hye Jung let out a smirk while she made a turn, “To my house…”

“Oh why?” Shin Hye asked awkwardly.

“We just want to hang out a little more. She wants us to drink tea with her.” Kahi responded while she looked at her phone.  Well, it was still early. It was only nine at night.

 

They have arrived at the house and they started to settle in.

“Guys make yourself at home!” Hye Jung shouted as she went to the kitchen. Kahi followed her to the kitchen. Shin Hye sat on the couch tired and  replaying the scene in her head. Suddenly something caught her eye. She stood up and went to the little table by the other couch.

“Awe how cute..” She picked up the frame. It was  fifteen year old Yong Hwa with a suit on and she looked in closer. ‘Oh my gosh.’ It was Shin Hye in the background. Shin Hye was standing behind him, well she was a few feet behind him looking lost. ‘Oh now I see..’ It was from one of her first competitions. Looking at this made her more confident and reassured her that Yong Hwa has always been her fan.

Suddenly, somebody comes in through the door. “We are hungry!!” Shin Hye jumped and quickly put the picture frame down. She turned around. It was Yong Hwa and the other members with their manager. Shin Hye froze and just stood there. She didn’t know how to react. His mom knows whats up.  All of them came in inside.  The members and the manager went to the kitchen and Yong Hwa decided to go to the living room to turn on the tv.

“Is that really you, Shin Hye?” He stood there nervously.

She gulped. “Yes..”

He was relieved to confirm that it was really her at the concert. And now he gets to see her for the third time. This time he loved his mother for setting this up and begging the manager to let them come. The atmosphere was awkward now. It was no longer a fan and celebrity. Its person to person.

“How are you?” He started the conversation.

“I’m fine. You? I enjoyed the debut stage.” She was standing awkwardly by the table. He smiled to relieve the awkwardness.

“Thank you for coming.. And thank you taking a picture with us.”

“Ah so you recognized me?” She grinned.

“Finally. After you spoke I did. You look different.”

“Oh yeah…” She looked to the ground. Did he say something wrong? He was panicking inside.

“No, not in a bad way. You look so beautiful..” He placed his hand on the nape of his neck embarrassed.  “I’ve missed you..”

“Huh?” Shin Hye looked up with her gorgeous eyes. He was being really direct with her. Well they didn’t leave off bad terms. But is this alright for him to be saying stuff like that?  She let out a smile. “Thank you.” She bowed her head.

“Oh now don’t be formal with me! I should be the formal one with you! You’re my senior.” Yong Hwa panicked. He didn’t want this type of relationship to form. But I guess that was the only option because they are both public figures.

“Yong, your mom wants to see you. Oh!! Who is this?” Minhyuk asked while walked into the living room. “Is that really Shin Hye?!!” He jumped in a circle.

“Hello Minhyuk..” she smiled. Minhyuk went towards her and hugged her. Yong Hwa’s facial expression changed. He had shared kisses and hugs with her but now he can’t even touch her. Minhyuk just outright hugs her and she seems fine with that. He longed to feel her in his embrace and even now that she was fully recovered but he knows that it was not possible. He wanted to tell her ‘Good job. I’m so proud of you.’

“Yah let's go eat something and celebrate!” Minhyuk exclaimed. The three of them left to the dining room.

“Hello!” Shin Hye bowed her head in front of the manager.

“Are you the girl from before?” He asked politely.

Shin Hye nodded her head.  “My name is Park Shin Hye. Nice to meet you.”

“Park Shin Hye?” The manager’s face lit up. “Are you perhaps ‘the’ Park Shin Hye? The pianist?”

“Yes, sir.” She grinned.

“Oh my god. I am one of your biggest fans! I’m serious. Don’t give me that look. Even the CEO loves  going to your competitions. He wanted to contact you but you disappeared.?” The manager’s eyes widened.

“Yes,I needed to take a break. But thank you for supporting me!” she bowed. While she bowed, the manager gestured a thumbs up to Yong Hwa. Approval from the manager was a good sign.

While the guests settled down in the dining room, Hye Jung, Kahi and Shin Hye were in the kitchen taking out the utensils and the food.

“Shin Hye, the manager is soo handsome. Try to hook me up with him.”  Kahi whispered to her.

“You didn’t meet yet?” Shin Hye said with a puzzled expression.

“No because I was in the bathroom when they came in and didn’t have a chance to introduce yet.”

“Ah okay. I know how.” Shin Hye smiled.

“Thank you!”

“Follow me.” Kahi followed her into the dining room.

“This is my manager, Ms. Kahi.” Shin Hye presented Kahi to Yong’s manager. He stood up and went to shake her hand.

“Choi Min, Nice to meet you.” He grabbed her hand and looked into her eyes. Yes she was truly a beauty.  Kahi loved the way he was serious and definitely handsome.

“Nice to meet you.” Kahi gave him the flirty eye.

 

“Thank you for the meal!” The managers and the CNBLUE members said as they began to eat. Kahi, Hye Jung and  Shin Hye joined them in the dining room drinking their teas as they were not hungry. Yong Hwa would steal glances at Shin Hye as she would listen to the manager speak. Oh how he wished that they can have an actual conversation.  They told stories about some of the hardships they went through and how they held mini street performances throughout the country. Yong Hwa saw how Shin Hye was enjoying the stories, yes she has changed. She was smiling more and was not really awkward anymore. She did look happy and confident about herself. The old self is back but stronger. After eating, the members and the manager helped clean the dishes and pick up the table. It was already eleven at night.

Shin Hye went to the living room to sit on the couch. She was tired. Suddenly, Yong Hwa sits next to her.

“Do you mind?” He asked shyly.

“Oh..no its your house.” She looked at her hands.

“The snow is finally melting huh?” Yong Hwa was trying to make conversation.

“Yeah. Yonghwa..”

“Yes?” He wiped his hands on his pants.

“About your song...Loner..is that how you really feel?” She was nervous but she tried not to show it.

“Ahh, hmm. Yes and no? But I wrote that song in somebody else’s perspective.” He smirked.

“Oh, that’s interesting. Who?” She was quite relieved that he doesn’t think that she was dating another guy and he was doubting her. He leaned in closely to her face. Her heart began to palpitate.

“You..”He gave another smirk.

“Really?” She gulped. She understood what he meant. He thought that she must have felt lonely and would have started to doubt him. He nodded his head. “I have something for you..” Yong Hwa gently said. “I hope you like it. I bought it while we were travelling around.” He suddenly took out something shiny from his pocket. It was a cute pink and white little star made out of silver. Her eyes widened. He came in closer and began to put the necklace on her. She felt his warmth, the warmth that she had missed. He smelled wonderful too. “It maybe not as luxurious but I thought of you when I saw it. I want you to remember that when it's dark look for stars. That star on the necklace is me. I will be supporting you even though we may be far away.”

Shin Hye was speechless. He smiled. She let out a smile too. “Thank you soo much!”

“YongHwa!! Come say bye to your mother!!” Hye Jung shouted.

“I’ll be back.” Yong Hwa said to Shin Hye and stood up from the couch to go to the kitchen.

It took a while to say their goodbyes and Shin Hye fell asleep on the couch since it has been way past her bedtime. She usually went to sleep at nine thirty. The members wanted to say goodbye but they saw that she was asleep. So they decided to send her a quick video through text saying goodbye. The manager and Kahi were sharing each other's numbers for ‘business’.

The other members and the manager were making their way outside.

“Wait for me. I have to get something from my room.” Yong Hwa told them. He ran up the stairs grabbed a post it note, a pen, and a blanket. He went by Shin Hye and carefully laid the blanket on her. He quickly wrote something on the post it note and stuck it on her head.

“Goodnight, Shin Hye.” he whispered.

The sun was shining through the window which made Shin Hye wake up. “Oh my gosh..Did I just sleep over Hye Jung’s house?” she said to herself. She was rubbing her eyes and suddenly felt something on her forehead. “A post it note?” She took it off.

She began to smile as she read it.

                    “ Shin Hye, it was great seeing you again. You’ve done so well. I am super proud of you. Please continue to support me and my band. I’ll see you at the competition. Fighting!

                                        Love,

                                            Yong Hwa.”

She couldn’t stop smiling. Everything that happened last night was so magical to her. It just reassured her that Yong Hwa will never forget about her and continues to like her.

“Thats right...I’ll see you then.” She grabbed the little star pendant that was around her neck and held onto it tightly.

 

A/N: Yay for longer chapter! I really hope you liked it! And comment! Upvote if you want~ See till next update! Love you guys!!