06. Friends?

Blade X Love

Chapter 6
Friends?


Sunny sigh.

She’s been sitting in her bed for hours as if she can’t comprehend what the hell happened on their first mission. She’s never seen anyone like that before, sure she’s aware that she’s a shinobi but a shinobi taking life of other shinobi is another deal.


She worked as a hunter to protect her kind and stop them from killing each other but she feels like what she’s into right now is bringing her closer to something big, something she couldn’t imagine. And she felt something weird when she saw the red eyed shinobi like her; she felt longing.


Her mother never talked about their clan, she never talked about anything that has to do with her being a shinobi. Everything that Sunny know about shinobi’s are all from her research, some are from the Hunters. But still, after all the things she found out something big is missing and she can’t stop but think what is it?


She remained there, still thinking. And suddenly she felt lose, tears streaming down her face. After her mother’s death, it was again the first time she felt that she’s all alone. She’s strong, her heart is strong, but now that she’s lost she needed something to hold on to. And the least person she can think of to hold on to is her mother.

**

Kai woke up from the sun rays heating his face, he forgot to close the curtains last night. He stared at the ceiling for a while trying to think of what to do. He wanted to pull everything from his head but he got nothing. The first mission they had was a shock, after they saw how that shinobi took another shinobi’s life they all felt like everything they’ve been to is not a joke.

Kai got up from his bed, he suddenly felt hungry after all the things that’s been happening. He got out ready to go down when he read small sobs, he frowned trying to make sure where it’s coming. He walked a little and found Sunny’s door a little open, and there he saw her crying for the first time. He couldn’t help but stare at her, and there he knew how fragile she was.


“Just keep all your tears coming, you’ll feel better after.” He said, Sunny just looked at him, he don’t know why but he felt like something stabbed him from inside. Sunny just keep sobbing as she lie in her bed, Kai felt like getting closer to her and so he did. He wanted to slap his face from doing everything he’s doing but whom is he kidding anyway? Even if he tried to stop himself from getting closer to Sunny and giving her comfort he can’t, because he see can feel how fragile she is right now.

 

“Why Kai, why do I have to be the one left alone?” Sunny asked. Kai couldn’t find the words to say, he felt like he’s lost with words.

 

“Probably because, there’s someone destined to be with you forever.” Alright, now he wanted to punch himself to death because of what he just said. It’s not like him to comfort a girl and say things about life. They stayed still for little while until Kai felt Sunny’s heavy and slow breathe.


“Sleep now, you’ll find your sun shining tomorrow.” Kai whispered and he finally got up.

 

**


The day went on, Kai sat in his study table trying to figure things when he got a call from Josh. He immediately got up from his swivel chair and went straight down to the conference room. He arrived and saw Sunny, they exchanged smiles and listened to whatever it is to be listened. Kath was about to speak when Mr. Choi interrupted.


“The guy you’ve met before, is one of the most skilled shinobi assassin…” Mr. Choi paused a little while. “He was hired by a mysterious contractor. And whoever he is, he’s strong and we need to prepare. The next mission I want to assign you is to gather the descendants of the 12 Legendary Shinobi, well you’ll have to find 11 because Kai. You’re one of them.”


Surprised was Kai when he heard what Mr. Choi said. He’s ancestors are legend? He thought. He let go of that thought and focus on the mission. They planned and searched for the places to where they could find the remaining 11. Kai caught Sunny pout when she heard where to find the twelve, but Kai is still thankful that there are 2 legends per place and though he hate the fact that one is left missing.

“I want Kai and Sunny to take this mission. Kath and Josh you stay here for some other work.” Mr Choi interrupted.

**

The meeting was adjourned, Kai sighed as he go directly into the cafeteria to get something to eat. He fell in line and when he finally got his food he looked for a place to sit onto, but something caught his attention. It’s Sunny, she’s sitting near the window and staring outside as if she’s thinking something deep. He smiled and went to her.


**

Sunny sigh, she felt like she wanted to rip her head from everything that’s been happening. She was left with question to whom are they up to and who is the red eyed shinobi. As far as she remembered from the information she got from the Hunters. The Red Eyed Shinobi Clans was annihilated and that she and her mother are the only ones left. She was in deep thinking when someone interrupted her.

“Mind if I sit here?” that voice is very familiar to her, she lifted up her head and smiled.

 

“Sure.” She said. Sunny looked at how Kai smiled at her and started eating, she didn’t know why but after they found out the reason why their family we’re killed; Kai’s hostile aura was gone and she felt like he’s not that bad after all.

 

“I know I’m drop dead gorgeous but, hey staring is rude.” Sunny rolled her eyes when she saw the smirk in Kai’s face. That smirk. She hated that smirk, but at the same time she likes it. She heard Kai chuckled and so she did.

 

“Quite boasting, I’m not interested in your gorgeousness.” She said and started digging her food.

 

“So you do admit that I’m gorgeous huh?” he said.

 

“Of course not, you’re the only one who proclaimed it.!” Sunny hissed in disbelief.


“All right, All right.” Kai chuckled. “Hey, how ‘bout this,” Kai said raising his pinkie finger.


“What the hell is that?” Sunny asked.


“Friends?”


**

Okay so, I am so sorry for not updating for tooooooo long. I have a lot of requirements, exams and quizzes and man it’s a hell month. So here, I don’t know if there’s still readers but I do hope there is.

Hugs&Kisses everyone!

XOXO