05. Mission

Blade X Love

Chapter Five

 

                After their encounter with the serpents, Kai and Sunny told Kath and Josh about what happened and as expected they freaked out, but not for a reason they expected.

               

                “You actually learned the energy transfer by accident?!” Kath resorted.

 

                “Energy transfer?” Sunny confusedly asked Kath.

 

                “Energy transfer is transferring amount of energy from one person to another to recharged the exerted energy.” Kath explain.

 

                “Ow, is that so? Well but it’s awesome!” Kai said.

 

                “Yes but it can kill.” Josh interrupted silencing them all. “Way back, there is a man who steals energy from the shinobi’s. He uses them to increase his strength and so to become unstoppable. The 12 legendary shinobi clan tried to stop him, and it took them years to actually kill him.” Sunny felt nervous, she was so amused how she was recharged but she didn’t even know whether those serpents are alive by now.

 

                “But energy transfer can be controlled.” Kath explained. “And that is why he have to train you, to measure the amount of energy you can get.

 

**

 

Just like what Kath said. The four of them went to the training grounds, when they arrived a pile of scarecrow like mannequin were in front of them. Sunny frowned with confusion,.

 

                “What’s with the scarecrow?” Sunny asked. But instead of answering Kath grabbed a bottle from a case on a table near them.

                                “This is a living energy developed by shinobi’s for times of battle and for training purposes. When this is casted in an object the energy will travel to find its place. This here, (showing the laptop beside the case) is the amount of energy in each mannequin and it is your job to control your energy transfer without killing your prey.” Josh explained.

 

                Both Kai and Sunny watched how the energy transferred from the bottle into the mannequin. The laptop signaled that the mannequin is full and ready to be used. Kath demonstrated on how to transfer energy.

 

                “You can transfer energy in and out. You can take or give.” Kath placed her hand in the shoulder blade of the mannequin they watch the amount of energy decreased. It turned into half, both Sunny and Kai were amazed on how she controlled the energy transfer. “Now you try it.” Kath said, Kai position himself. “Energy transfer feels good, but don’t get too greedy that doll will explode.” Kath warned Kai.

               

                Kai calmed his system and placed his hand on the mannequin’s chest, he concentrated on taking energy from the doll and after a while he felt the energy. And yes, it does feel good making him feel like wanting more, he keep taking until he realized that he’s being too greedy so he stopped.

 

                “You almost made it explode with just 1%.” – Josh said. Kai walked to the laptop and to his surprise the mannequin out of 100% the amount of energy dropped into 1%. Sunny laughed.

 

                “Greedy much mister?” Sunny said. Kai threw a confused look to Sunny, that’s the first time he ever .

                “We’ll see what you got, Sunny-sshi.” Sunny stopped laughing and smirked instead, that’s the first time he called him by name.

 

                Sunny position herself and went straight to her doll. She placed her hand in its neck, making herself comfortable. When Kath signaled her to start, she focused on gulfing the energy inside the doll. It does feel good, she felt relaxed but since Sunny is not greedy by nature she stopped when she had enough.

 

                “You’re actually doing well.” Kath complimented her, she threw a grin to Kai, and he grinned back. They continued to work on with the energy transfer and how to give energy, after sometime they got used to it which amused Kath and Josh. Shinobi’s are often known for their greed of power because it makes them strong, but to this two person in front of them they do know how to control and they think first before they execute.

 

**

 

                Saturday came; the mission has to be executed. Both Sunny and Kai were wearing formal attire, making the mission as clean as it should be. They patiently waited for the right moment, until the so called serpent arrived. They felt shinobi aura, Mr. Choi was right, there are shinobi’s involved.

 

                Sunny hold her guard making herself familiar with the aura’s from different shinobi’s. Some are strong, some are average. She can feel how some of the crown glance at her, some with envy, amazement and suspicion.

 

                “My your looking good today Soon Kyu-sshi” said by a familiar voice in her back.

 

                “And so do you, Jong In-shii” Sunny said as she gave a teasing smile to Kai. Both of them find it funny, when they first met they almost kill each other. Who knows they’ll be exchanging grins and teasing. Hours passed, Serpent arrived. Sunny hold her confusion since the leader of the syndicate is a serpent and he is guarded by a shinobi. When Serpent arrived they felt nothing but human aura. Diversion Kai thought. They waited again and there, they’ve felt a strong aura saying that whoever is in his way he’ll crash them.

 

 

                Both of them remained alert, they watched as how they shook hands and such. Kai couldn’t take it and think. He came near Sunny and gestured his hands. “May I have this dance?” Kai said smiling towards Sunny. She grinned and placed her hands to his, they started to walk through the dance floor near the table of their target.

 

                “We’ll deliver the package today after our meeting. Just make sure to give me enough money and protection.” Said the serpent, they continued to listen until the music shifts. When they gathered enough information Sunny immediately grabbed her purse and texted Mr. Choi the information. He glanced over their target’s table, and there he saw how the man with strong aura looked at him as if telling him that he knows what she’s doing. Her phone vibrated, it’s from Kath.

                Kath:

                Get out, it’s a trap! That’s the Serpent King!

 Sunny frowned, another text message was received.

Kath:

Jackson Wang also known as Serpent King:

 

 

Sunny’s eyes widen as soon as the image load, it was the man with strong aura. Before Sunny can even lift her head to look at Jackson, Kai immediately pulled her wrist blocking her view.

 

“Get yourself together.” She can’t, her heartbeat raced. Anger and Frustration stabs her heart tearing it into pieces.

 

                “I need to capture that man!” Sunny hissed, that man was supposed to be her mission before she was dragged by Mr. Choi in this alliance, it was supposed to be capturing the serpent king who mercilessly kill weak shinobi.

 

                “Sunny calm down!” Kai scolded. But Sunny pushed Kai using her ability causing him to fly somewhere and he’d had to teleport back to grab her wrist but it’s too late. Sunny surrounded herself with her shield, Kai couldn’t reach her, and Sunny continued to walk but eventually stopped when Jackson’s footsteps took over the stairs.

 

                “Jackson Wang.” Sunny mumbled, Kai executed the first move but Sunny stopped him. “Kai, call for reinforcement instead I’ll buy time for you.” She wanted to deal with Mr. Wang alone because she knew she had to ask him about her mother’s death. Kai teleported to the headquarters.

 

                “Lady Lee Ri Han, why?” she straightforwardly asked. Jackson smirked and continued to walk towards her direction.

 

                “You killed my 10 million dollar transaction, I need something in return.” Sunny clinched her teeth, but she will do as what her mother said; she won’t avenge anything. She remained her composure and waited for Kai. But before Kai could arrive Jackson released poisons, Sunny couldn’t fight properly so she hid herself using her ability. She run of somewhere and ripped her dress.

 

                “I’m sorry designer’s brand dress but I’ll have to rip you.” After she ripped her dress which is more comfortable she went back to Jackson who is now throwing poisons at her. Jackson is fast and swift and Sunny admits that plus he is well built and she bet his stamina is better that her. She aimed to touch any part of him to steal energy to at least weaken him but Jackson wouldn’t let her. After few minutes, Kai arrived with Kath and Josh.

 

                Now Sunny knows why he’s called Serpent king, because of his poison. Everything it touches dies or decays. They had trouble dealing with him because of his speed, they considered themselves lucky for having Kai it the team. He can cope with his speed and strength. They were in the middle of fight already ready to win but something or someone appeared wearing a mask making its face unidentified.

 

                Jackson stared at in with horror he couldn’t move. The 4 of them frowned in confuse as that person move to Jackson. “Master.” Jackson mumble.

 

                “You have failed me.” Said the person which Jackson called master. They all felt that strong aura, too strong it made them shiver. That person eyed them and walk towards Jackson, he strangled Jackson in the neck making Jackson look paler and eventually lifeless.

 

                Sunny’s eyes widened when he saw how that person’s eyes turned into Red. And the next thing they know is that they shared the same question.

 

                “Who could that person be?”