Weekly Idol (Jaebum x Irene)

Gotvelvet Oneshots

It was just past 6pm. The Red Velvet girls were inside their van, heading to their next schedule. They were going to perform on LH Open Concert that night.

Yeri yawned. “Is Jinju Stadium still far? I’m so bored already.” Seulgi and Irene were sleeping, while Wendy and Joy were playing with their cellphones. “The unnies won’t talk to me either.” The youngest girl protested.

Manager oppa turned his head to the back seat. “Should I turn on the tv?” He suggested.

Yeri replied with a nod.

Manager oppa the power button and was searching for a good tv channel, when Wendy suddenly clapped her hands. “Oh!”

“Why! You surprised me!” Yeri said as she looked at her unnie.

“I just suddenly remember Mark asked me to watch Weekly Idol!” She said as she looked back at Yeri. “Can we watch Weekly Idol this time, please?”

Yeri sighed. “Huh, yeah, whatever..” She said as she rolled her eyes.

Upon hearing the words ‘Weekly Idol’, Irene who was sleeping suddenly opened her eyes. “Oh! Weekly Idol!” She said that to herself as she fixed her sitting position.

“What’s wrong, unnie?” Yeri asked.

“Oh..” She turned her head to Yeri. “Nothing.. It’s just that Jaebum also told me to watch the show.” She continued.

GOT7 and Red Velvet are close with each other. It was all started when they had to perform together for the end-year event. Since then, The Strong Babies members, including Winner and Lovelyz too, became friends with each other. But for Irene and JB case, they actually had been close since before they debuted. They were introduced to each other in 2013 by their friends who happened to be trainees too. And, as you can guess already, they were attracted to each other, and both seemed to be aware about it too, but that was it. Eventhough they bickered a lot, they were comfortable with each other’s presence in their lives and were supportive to one another. They just didn’t want to make things complicated and awkward. Besides, they were too focused on their jobs, so they didn’t even have thoughts about love, relationship, or whatsoever.

“And now let’s move on to the second round, King of Flexibility!” Hyungdon’s voice was heard through the speakers. “This corner is called ‘Strech Rubber King’. We need to see if you guys are flexible or not. The highest record by girl group was set by Red Velvet’s Irene by 40cm, and for boy group, it was set by CNBlue’s Minhyuk by 24cm.”

Irene knitted her forehead when she heard her name was mentioned. Is this why he asked me to watch Weekly Idol?, she thought.

The tv screen showed  GOT7 doing their best to do the mission. JB got to do the mission the last since he claimed himself that he was the most flexible member in GOT7.

“Tsk, look at him smiling for ear to ear, knowing that he can beat my record anytime.” Irene said in super low voice.

“Will anyone beat Irene unnie, dung dung dung..” Yeri said, trying to lift up the mood.

“Yah, shut up.” Irene said half-jokingly. Her eyes were still glued to the screen. She actually was curious about the result, too.

“Oh wow look, Jackson beats Minhyuk sunbaenim’s record!” Seulgi blurted, a bit too excited.

Everyone turned their heads to Seulgi. “Since when you’ve been awake?” Wendy asked. Seulgi didn’t reply.

When it was JB’s challenge to do the mission, everyone looked a bit more tense, especially Irene. Hyungdon kept pushing JB’s back and said, “You need to beat Irene! Jaebum, please! A little more! A little more!”

The screen then showed that JB finally could reach 42cm. The MCs and GOT7 were rejoicing their victory. Hyungdon gave a congratulary hug to JB. “You just beat girl group’s record!”

Irene who just witnessed that JB just beat her record, could only roll her eyes. “He’s so childish. He asked me to watch Weekly Idol just for this?” She shook her head as her eyes were glued back to the screen.

“If it’s like this, Irene have to come to Weekly Idol again?” Hyungdon said. “Even if she comes here again, I will still win this.” JB replied.

Irene got surprised with JB’s statement. “WHAT DID HE SAY?? DID HE JUST ASK FOR A FIGHT??” She yelled. The other younger girls could only laugh. “HE DID RIGHT?? HE DID??” Irene shook Wendy’s body  who was sitting beside her. The girls laughed even harder.

Irene then searched for her cellphone inside her bag. She sent a text to JB.

Irene > JB

Yah, what was that for?

Not even 10 seconds later, JB already replied.

JB > Irene

What ;)

His reply made her boiling even more.

Irene > JB

You just asked for a fight through a tv channel??? YOU THINK I’M AFRAID HUH??

JB > Irene

Ouch, our grandma seems so mad! You don’t have to do that again though. I’m saying this because I’m concerned about your back’s health, grandma~ :D ;) :*

Irene > JB

YAAAAAAAAAH IM JAEBUM!!!!!!!!

 

**

 

The next day, the news about JB beating Irene’s record were all over the internet.

“Hyung, look. Your name is on the internet after so long!” Youngjae showed his cellphone to JB.

“Hul, I didn’t know it would be such a big deal like this..”

“Huh? What big deal?” Youngjae asked. “Uh, nothing.” He said as he patted the younger one’s back and stood up from the bed.

“I gotta do something,” he said while grabbing his cellphone from the table.

 

**

 

Friday, Music Bank SKY Festival

“Joohyun, this.” Manager oppa gave her a chocolate box. “What’s this?”

“Can’t you tell? It’s chocolate.”

“I know, I mean why you give me chocolate out of sudden?” She looked at the box in her hands. It was her favorite chocolate. “And how did you know that I like this brand?”

“Ah, a delivery guy gave me this. He said you’ll know the sender once you see the box.” Manager oppa said.

She knitted her forehead as she kept looking at the chocolate. Is it from him…..

“Don’t worry, I’ve done a background check of the delivery guy and he didn’t look like he lied or tried to pull a prank. I’ll be responsible for it.” Manager added.

Irene then opened the box. There was a letter inside it.

Hey,

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to make you angry or mad or anything,

I was just trying to be funny.

And I just realized that wasn’t funny at all.

Forgive me, please?

And I’m sorry I couldn’t give this to you personally, I have to do rehearsals and stuff.

Let’s meet and talk later, okay, Joohyun?

- JB

 

Irene couldn’t help but to smile after reading his letter. “He actually thought I was angry with him… So cute.”


 

 

 

 

hey guys, I'm backkkkk. after seeing some articles about that weekly idol episode i just suddenly thought of this lol.

I'm sorry if it's weird it took less than 3 hours to make this so...

BY THE WAY!! I didn't expect to have more than 200 subscribers I'M IN TEARS T___T THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING GUYS!!! eventhough my stories are not as good as the others T___T thanks for reading my crappy stories T___T

and!! i see a lot of you like markdy too heheh!! i have a lot of markdy headcanons but idk if it's alright if i post them here, since the title is "gotvelvet oneshots" not "markdy oneshots" lmao what should i do????