Best Mistake (Yugyeom x Joy)

Gotvelvet Oneshots

Another drabble! XD Enjoy!


    It rained so hard that afternoon. Joy was sitting in a café with headphones on and cell phone in the table. There were a cup of tea and some books, too. It hadn’t been that long since Happiness promotions ended. Red Velvet was going to have a comeback in about a month and a half and the members had a day off that day. Joy decided to use her free time to study. She needed to catch up what she missed at school during her promotions so that she wouldn’t left behind. 
    She had been sitting on the café for some hours. She just finished her study, and it was time for her to relax a bit. She listened to some new Western songs from her phone. Her current favorite singer was Ariana Grande. She mentioned that she liked ‘Daydreamin’ the most. 
    Suddenly a boy entered the café. He was wearing a cap and a hoodie. He walked towards Joy’s table. Joy’s table was at the corner of the café. Joy didn’t seem to notice the boy yet because she was busy with her cell phone. The boy then took a seat in front of Joy.
    “Noona!” The boy greeted her with bright expression on his face.  Joy lifted her head to see the person who just called her name. She looked surprised at first but she then smiled.
    “Oh, Yugyeom. You’re here already?” Joy asked as she took Yugyeom’s hands and shook them a little. “I can’t believe you actually came! I was just joking about that message!”
    Joy actually sent a message to Yugyeom earlier asking if he has a free time this afternoon. Yugyeom said yes and Joy asked him to come to the café to accompany her. She was joking, though, because she thought Yugyeom was busy. Besides it was raining so hard so it would be hard for him to come. 
    “Oh so should I leave then?” Yugyeom pushed back his chair and stood. “Nonono, please stay, I’ll treat you coffee today.” Joy said as she held his left hand. “Really noona? Okay then if you said so.” He grinned as he sat back on his seat.
    The two then ordered 2 cups of coffee and some snacks. While waiting for their foods, they chatted about idols’ life, school, the companies, everything. They were actually best friends ever since their trainee days. Yugi liked to talk to Joy because even though she was mischievous sometimes, she had a motherly side too. She gave a lot of advices to Yugi. There were times when Yugi wanted to give up training and leave the company, Joy encouraged him and cheered him up. 
    And so did Joy. She liked Yugi because whenever she felt down, he always cracked lame jokes, which made it even funnier. Besides he always made time for Joy whenever she needed a company, just like the day. 
    They had that kind of relationship. There was no word ‘like’ or ‘love’ spoken. They cared for each other, they filled each other’s emptiness. They held hands, they patted each other’s shoulders, they ruffled each other’s hair, they pinched each other’s cheeks. They hugged, but no kiss. No one dared to speak up. As long as they enjoyed it, they’re okay with it.
    “By the way, what are you listening to, Noona?” Yugi asked as he sipped his coffee. “Oh, I’ve been listening to Ariana Grande’s new album lately. Do you want to listen it, too?” 
    “Let me give it a try, then.” He moved up and sat next to Joy.
    Joy pulled off one of her headphones and stuck one in his ear. They were listening to Best Mistake.
    “This is my current favorite. Isn’t this song nice?”
    “Yeah, I like the rap part the most.”
    They then continued to listen to music together till the rain stopped.

 

**


The next day…

    Yugyeom decided to download Best Mistake onto his phone. He then updated his instagram...

#Best mistake 알려줘서 고맙 노래정말좋네요:) (Thanks for recommending this song. The song is really good :))


i don't know how wrap the ending it but i hope you guys get the point! :)

ps:the caption trans by me, please do correct me if i'm wrong!