Music Bank (Jaebum x Seulgi)

Gotvelvet Oneshots

“Hyung, what’s our schedule after this?”
The got7 boys just finished their morning schedule by recording the songs for their next Korean comeback. “For Jaebum, you have none. But Bambam and Mark need to go with me to Jinyoung hyung’s office. He said there’s something they need to talk with you regarding this comeback--”
“W-why?” Bambam asked the manager, slightly surprised. The manager just smiled. 
“Don’t worry guys, he said it’s not something big.” He replied. “Let’s go there, Jinyoung hyung told us to come 30 minutes ago already. And the rest of you can go back to the dorm first.” The manager said as he slightly turned his body and pointed to the rest of got7. “Yes hyung,” they answered.
As the manager, Mark, and Bambam were about to leave the studio, Jaebum grabbed manager’s wrist. “Hyung, since I don’t have any schedules left for today, can I go to Music Bank instead? I want to send my support to Junho hyung.”
“Aren’t you tired?”
Jaebum shook his head. 
“Alright, do whatever you want. But don’t whine to me later that you’re tired or whatsoever.”
“Thanks hyung!” Jaebum said as he pinched his manager’s cheek. “Yah, that’s hurt!” 
“Guys, you can go first. I will go to Music Bank for Junho hyung.” Jaebum said to Jinyoung, Yugyeom, and Jackson as he left for the studio too.
“Tsk, he is trying hard to not make it obvious that he actually wants to see Red Velvet.” Jinyoung said. “Bambam would be so mad if he knew about this.”
Yugyeom sighed. “I know, right? I should have gone too with Jaebum hyung to see Joy noona.”
**


At Music Bank
Jaebum was at the main stage watching Junho doing his prerecording. He scanned his surroundings, hoping to see Red Velvet around. Sadly, the girls weren’t there. He saw some of SNSD members instead. Maybe they’ve done their prerecording, he thought, a little bit disappointed.
After Junho had done his prerecording, Jaebum approached him at the side of the stage. 
“Hyung I’m here! You did well.” Jaebum said as he gave thumbs up to Junho. “ Though it’s a bit weird watching you performing alone on stage.” He added.
“Thanks Jaebum. Are you alone here? Are the other members not coming?” Junho asked.
“No, they’re resting at dorm.” Jaebum replied.
“Ah, I see. By the way, have you eaten? Let’s go to my room. I have plenty of food there.”
“Okay.” He said as he followed Junho leaving to Junho’s waiting room.
Jaebum kept his eyes on guard while walking to Junho’s  waiting room. He really wished he could bump into Red Velvet or something. Although he didn’t look like it, but he actually had been scanning each waiting room, looking for a “Red Velvet” tag in it. 
Jaebum, and got7 in general, were all fans of Red Velvet. Well, they were fans of a lot of other groups, too, but Red Velvet had a special place in their hearts ever since the Strong Babies stage last year. Each members had their own favorite Red Velvet member too, and it appeared that Jaebum liked Seulgi the most.
Junho’s waiting room was almost at the end of the corridor, and turned out Red Velvet’s waiting room was right beside Junho’s. When Jaebum finally found out about this, the door of Red Velvet’s waiting room was closed. He sighed. I guess fate is not on my side this time.
Both of them then entered the waiting room. Junho was dragged immediately by the makeup artist since there wasn’t enough time till the live broadcast. “Jaebum, you can eat the snacks on the table first. My manager will bring the lunch after this.” Junho said while doing his makeup. “Yes, hyung.” Jaebum responded.
A few minutes later, Jaebum decided to go to the cafeteria to buy coffee. “Hyung, I’m going to go down to the cafeteria, do you want something?” Jaebum offered. “No—oh wait can you get me a cup of Americano? Thanks Jaebum.” Junho answered. “Alright, hyung.”
As he got out of the room, he looked at his left side, which was Red Velvet’s waiting room. The door was half-opened, and he actually could see Wendy and Irene inside. He scanned more thoroughly to check if Seulgi was there. He was too concentrating on searching for Seulgi that he didn’t realize he was about to enter the girls’ waiting room, and apparently Wendy noticed that.
“Oh,  hello JB sunbae! What brings you here?” Wendy who was sitting on the sofa greeted Jaebum as she stood up. Irene who also noticed that immediately stood up too and bowed to him.
Jaebum was kinda taken aback. His mind went blank for a few seconds. “Oh… right… I was cheering for Junho hyung, he’s also promoting his new album right now.” Jaebum said. “I didn’t know your room is right beside Junho hyung’s.”
“Oh yes we are also aware about it. We exchanged our albums a while ago.” Wendy said. 
“Ah so it’s like that.. Anyway, I’m going to go now. Good luck for your comeback and album. Red Velvet fighting!” Jaebum excused himself as he made that ‘fighting’ hand pose to Wendy and Irene.
“Thanks! Fighting for got7 too!” Irene replied.
Jaebum then headed to the nearest elevator. “Phew, that was close.” He let out a sigh of relief. “But where is Seulgi, anyway?” He said as he entered the elevator and pressed the floor button. 
Why is it so hard to meet her? Are we really not meant to be?, he thought to himself.
When he was about to get out from the elevator, he almost bumped into a girl holding a stack of rice boxes that it almost covered her face. That incident made the girl surprised and almost lost balance. 
“Are you okay there?” Jaebum asked as he helped to hold the rice boxes. When the girl finally showed her face, the girl turned out to be Seulgi and that made Jaebum shocked. “Oh, h- hi Seulgi.” He greeted her immediately. “Le- let me help y- you.” He stuttered. Seulgi also looked a bit surprised, since she didn’t expect Jaebum to be on this building.
“Oh, Jaebum sunbae! No it’s okay I can do it on my own.” Seulgi replied him with a smile. 
“No no I don’t mind it. It looks so heavy for you, too.” Jaebum said as he took 3 rice boxes from her hold. “Where are you heading? Your waiting room?” He asked.
“Yes yes.” She replied. The elevator door opened and the two went inside. The athmosphere was so awkward for a few seconds. 
“By the way why are you alone?” Jaebum asked, trying to break the ice between them. “I met Wendy and Irene earlier, and they didn’t seem to be busy?”
Seulgi looked at him and laughed. “Actually, we played a game and the loser needs to buy lunch… And… here I am.” She said that as she smiled. NO SEULGI DON’T DO THIS I’M GOING TO SUFFER FROM HEART ATTACK IF YOU KEEP BEING LIKE THIS!!
“Ah, I see….”
And then the atmosphere became awkward again…..
Why is this elevator taking too long to go up?, he thought as he sighed. He didn’t notice that Seulgi could actually hear his sigh.
“What’s wrong, Sunbae?” Seulgi asked. “Ah.. ah…. It’s nothing.”
“But why are you here? Didn’t your promotions end while ago?” She asked again. “I’m here to see Junho hyung.” He replied. And to see you, actually.
“Oh, and it’s actually still a secret, but my group is also coming back soon!” Jaebum added. He wasn’t supposed to say this but he’d do anything for Seulgi, so..
“Woah, really? Good luck for your comeback, Sunbae!” Seulgi said that when the elevator door was suddenly opened. 
“Good luck for your Dumb Dumb album, too! Me and my members listen to it well!” 
“You guys do? Thanks so much sunbaenims!” Seulgi smiled widely, showing her prettiest eyesmile.
“And you don’t have to call me sunbae, just call me Jaebum. Aren’t we the same age, anyway? We should be friends.” Jaebum said, trying to be a cool senior. 
“Is that okay for you?” Seulgi asked. “Of course!” Jaebum replied.
She laughed. “Alright then, Jaebum!” Seulgi said.
They finally reached Red Velvet’s waiting room. Seulgi entered the room first. Joy suddenly appeared and yelled at Seulgi. “Unnie, what took you so long!!” She didn’t see Jaebum behind Seulgi. “I met Jaebum at the elevator, and he helped me bring this to you guys!” Seulgi explained.
Jaebum then made an appearance in front of Red Velvet. Joy suddenly changed her voice tone to be more girly. “Oh, JB sunbae, hello…”
Seulgi scoffed at Joy. “Whoa look at her!”
Irene and Wendy then thanked him for helping Seulgi. Jaebum was about to leave the room after putting the rice boxes on the table, when Seulgi suddenly stopped him. “Why don’t you sit here and grab lunch together with us? We still have more food here.” She offered. “Yes, let’s eat lunch together! I also made some cake this morning!” Wendy added.
“Eh? No need, guys. I’m going to eat lunch together with Junho hyung, anyway. Maybe next time?”
“Well, ok then.” Yeri replied. “Don’t forget to bring the other members too if you’re going to have a meal with us!”
“Call!” He laughed as he headed outside the room.
“Jaebum, wait!” Seulgi ran towards Jaebum. 
“What’s wrong?” Jaebum asked.
“Um… Didn’t you say that we’ll have a meal next time?” 
“Yes, and why?”
“You know… How am I supposed to contact you, or vice versa, then?”
“Oh… right….”
“So…… can you leave your phone number here?” She said that as she handed him her cellphone.
Jaebum was kind of taken aback. He didn’t believe what was just happened. He took her cellphone and typed his phone number with trembling hands.
“There you go. Can you make a call to me so that I can save your number too?”
Seulgi nodded. “Not a problem!” She said as she hit the ‘green’ button.
Jaebum checked his cellphone and received Seulgi’s call. “Okay, thanks Seulgi I’ve saved your number!” 
“Great.” Seulgi replied.
“Ok then…… See you soon…. I guess?” Jaebum waved to Seulgi as he his feet were heading to Junho’s waiting room. Seulgi replied him with a nod. 
As soon as Jaebum entered the room, Junho asked him. “Who are you talking to, Jaebum?”
“Oh… It’s Red Velvet.”
“Since when did you get close to them?” Junho asked again.
“Well…. Just now.” Jaebum replied. 
Junho noticed something fishy about Jaebum since he kept on trying to hide his excitement.
“You like them, don’t you?” Junho teased.
“W-what are you talking about?” Jaebum got flustered. “And if I do like them, s-so what?”
Junho replied with a laugh. “Tsk you youngsters…. By the way, where’s my Americano?”
OH CRAP!!!


that's it! sorry it took so long to update. writing fics is so hard keke