Hallyu Dream Concert (Mark x Wendy)

Gotvelvet Oneshots


All of idols were heading to the stage for the closing. Wendy was busy playing around with Yeri that they didn’t realize they went to the wrong way, not until Kibum pointed to them, told them to go back to where they were supposed to go. 
Irene and Seulgi who saw that just shook their heads, feeling embarrassed of the dumb and dumber. “Tsk, look at Wendy, she can’t even focus since got7 is here.” Irene said to Seulgi. “I know, right.” Seulgi replied, slightly smirked.
Wendy and Yeri then quickened their steps to catch up with the rest of the girls. 
Wendy took Seulgi’s hand and whispered something to her. “What should I do? I think I’m going crazy because of that dude.” She said as she showed Seulgi her whiny face.
“I thought you said you didn’t have any feelings for him? What now? You started to like him because he confessed to you a few days ago?” Seulgi asked Wendy, teasing the shorter girl. 
Actually, Seulgi and the rest of the girls knew since long time ago that Wendy had a feeling for Mark. Mark had been trying to get Wendy’s attention since last year, but Wendy always thought that he was joking, since he didn’t do something ‘further’ than that. The only thing he did is sending her kinds of message texts regularly. By that only, of course, Wendy didn’t feel anything about him at first. Well okay, he is godly good-looking, plus very very nice, but she was too busy to think about anything else beside her work. Or at least that what she thought. 
But then Mark suddenly stopped texting her for months, and she started to feel something strange about her. She didn’t want to admit it, but she actually missed him and his cute, sweet, and caring texts. 
And about the confession that Seulgi mentioned? 


~Flashback~
After disappearing for months, Wendy suddenly got a call from Mark at 3am a couple days ago. Wendy and the girls just finished practicing and were about to head out. She checked at her phone screen to see who was calling her at such late hour and she was kinda surprised to see Mark’s name on it. She waited after a few seconds to answer his call. 
“Hello?” She greeted him first.
“Is this… Wendy?” a guy with super low voice asked. Wendy’s heart skipped a beat after hearing that. It is really Mark….
“What’s wro—“
“I miss you.” Mark suddenly blurted out.
“Wha—“
“I’ve missed you..”
“Are you al—“
“I miss you…. I said I miss you! Just listen to me and don’t say anything!” He raised his voice. He sounded so drunk.
“O..ok…” Wendy replied, slightly panicked. And worried.
“I SAID DON’T SAY ANYTHING WHY CAN’T YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME?” Mark yelled at her, made her slightly shocked.
…Is he okay? What’s wrong with him, really….
Despite of that, she still put her phone up to her ear. A part of her was worried over him, but the other part of her was happy that he finally contacted her. 
He didn’t say anything anymore, but Wendy could hear there were some noises. He is probably together with s now..
Not long after that, someone else from the other side spoke up. “Hello? I’m so sorry to whoever you are, but Mark hyung is now very drunk, so please just let it pass this time, okay? Goodnight, sorry for interrupting your sleeping time!” And the call suddenly got cut out.
Wendy could only stare at her phone screen, dumbfounded with what just happened.
--


(Back to the present)
“Hey hey hey, can you lower your voice, Ma’am? Everyone’s gonna hear you!” Wendy warned as her eyes got bigger. “And what’s with the confession? He didn’t, ok?” Wendy pouted and sighed. “And he didn’t even contact me after that. Not even once..” Wendy said with a much lower (and sad) voice, hoping Seulgi didn’t hear what she just said.
 “It’s practically the same, you dumb.” Seulgi rolled her eyes. “But… did you just say that you were waiting for him? You do like him then!!”
Wendy quickly covered . “You heard that???????”
Seulgi rolled her eyes again. “You obvious love sick puppy!” She said as she playfully hit Wendy’s arm.
“Hey hey I’m not!”
“Guys stop bickering!” Irene suddenly parted their hands and got in between them.
“Yes… Omoni…” Wendy replied.
Irene sighed. “Don’t you dare to call me omoni or your will be forever mine!” She said as her left hand started to move to Wendy’s . 
Wendy who noticed that movement quickly held Irene’s hand. “Alright alright I’ll stop!”
They then walked to the front stage to greet the fans. They were having fun while waving to the fans and dancing to the song, until Irene whispered something to Wendy.
“Hey got7 are coming to our way,” 
That made Wendy panicked. “What to do? What to do?” Wendy squished Irene’s hand, but Irene didn’t complain cause she knew how nervous Wendy was. 
“Just keep calm! Greet and bow to them like usual!” 
Seulgi who also noticed that got7 were coming closer, turned her head to see Wendy on her right side. When Wendy also looked at her with an anxious face, Seulgi gave her a wink and laughed. 
Wendy was about to reply to Seulgi, when she saw Yugyeom was coming closer to them. She froze for a moment and turned her head to her front and pretended to wave to fans.
“Hello..” Yugyeom greeted her and slightly bowed. Wendy glanced at Yugyeom, acted as if nothing happened. “Hello,” she replied as she bowed back to him. Behind Yugyeom, there were Jaebum, Youngjae, and Jinyoung who also bowed and greeted her. She bowed back to all of them.
Mark was coming a second or two late. He smiled and bowed to Seulgi and Joy. Wendy could feel her heart beat faster and faster as Mark came closer and closer. She had a lot of thoughts inside her head. Should I greet him? Call his name? Or just smile? Or should I just ignore him? 
Just when Mark was like 30cm away from her, the fireworks suddenly ceased. Wendy got surprised as she screamed his name out of sudden. “Hello Mark!!!”
Her eyes got bigger because she herself couldn’t believe what just happened. She immediately bowed to him right after. 
Mark looked a bit surprised too, since he raised his eyebrows but after a second he let out a smile and bowed back to her. “Hello Wendy.” 
Wendy quickly averted her eyes to the fireworks. She had a sheepish grin plastered on her face. She was so embarrassed, yet confused at the same time. How come Mark looks calm and okay? And greet me like that after what happened a few days ago? Like nothing happened? Am I the only one who is nervous here? 
She kept thinking about that that she didn’t realize one by one the idols were heading back to the backstage. Seulgi had to pull her hands to snap out of her bestfriend’s thoughts. 
When they finally reached backstage, Wendy suddenly let go of her hand from Seulgi’s grip. “Seulgi, I think I need to see Mark right now. I want to clear everything.” 
Before Seulgi could respond anything, Wendy was already far away from her sight.
Wendy was searching for Mark everywhere. She checked got7’s backstage room first, but Yugyeom said that Mark was out somewhere. She also went to the toilet but he wasn’t there. She even went to BTOB and Monsta X’s backstage rooms, hoping to see Mark there but he wasn’t there also.
She then decided to go back to her backstage room, to take her phone and try to call him. Just when she was getting near to her backstage room, she saw Mark was standing in front of it. She stopped her running and tried to catch a breath. “There you are.”
Mark then turned his head to Wendy, and he immediately walked towards her direction in a fast pace. When he finally reached her, he grabbed her wrist and brought her to a less crowded place. Wendy didn’t do anything about that since she knew Mark had something to say to her. And so did she.
When they reached the place, Mark let go of her hand. He turned his body, facing Wendy and looking at her with a serious face. The small girl could feel that her face was getting red.
“So.. Wendy..” Mark paused.
“Yes?”
“I’ll just go to the point okay?” He stopped a bit, catching a long breath. “So you know I’ve liked you for months now and I kept being annoying to you by sending you texts. But then I stopped texting you, right?” Wendy nodded. “You must be wondering that too, even for a bit.” Wendy nodded, again.
“Actually I got a warning from the members about that. You might not know about this but we got7 has a dating ban and it will end after 3 years. Since I wanted to respect my members too, I tried to stop contacting you. That’s why you never got my texts for months…”
“Yeah, and?”
“And few days ago I swear I wasn’t in my right mind when I called you in the middle of the night. I was drunk and without knowing I dialed your number..” Mark sighed. “I’m so sorry, even I’m still embarrassed if I remember about that incident..” He said that as he slightly scratched his head. “It was all my honest feelings, though. I did miss you a lot..”
Wendy who was looking down suddenly raised her head to meet Mark’s eyes. His eyes looked so serious, but it also looked warm and sincere.
“After seeing that my members kinda felt bad to me.. I was like a mess... and I know this is not fair to my members, but they said they’ll let me to reach you, to come to you..”
After hearing that, Wendy suddenly hugged Mark. “I like you, Mark. I don’t know when did it begin but I really missed your texts.” She said as she tightened her hug. “I checked my phone every minutes without knowing, hoping you’d send me one.. I wasn’t so cheerful during those times when you stopped texting me..”
Mark let go of the hug and pinched her cheeks. “You dumb girl, how could you confess to me first? Wasn’t I supposed to be the one who should do that?” Mark smirked.
Wendy pouted and lightly hit his arm. “Who are you calling me dumb?”
“I like you, too.” Mark pinched her cheeks again and sticked out his tongue. “Well, I like you more.” He said that as he smiled to her.
She responded by smiling back at him. 
Mark her hair. “Thank you, Wendy.”
“For what?”
“For coming to me, for accepting me, for liking me back, for everything.. I know it was a hard decision for you..”
Wendy smiled hearing that. “But you gotta promise me one thing.”
“What’s that?”
“Don’t ever leave me alone, okay?”
“Yes, Ma’am!”

 


so that's it guys! it's another wendy x mark story i'm sorry :((( i really wanted to write a yeri/irene one but i really couldn't get the inspirations for the storyline T_T

and i'm sorry for everything about this story idk if it makes sense or not lmao please bear with it okay?

and btw i see a lot of you guys ship wendy with mark too! don't you think we should make an official couple name for them heheh??? wenmark? or markdy? which one do you like the most? :D