Chapter 8

Bobby and I

Bobby is walking from the bus stop to his home. It's an hour pass midnight. He's thinking on how he will enter his home without his parents knowing. His mom will probably have overslept on the sofa while waiting for him. Or the worst is he will have the light as soon as he walks onto the door and having his father behind it with a tennis racket already in his hands.

"Hoo.. busowo *scary*," he pushes off that thought from his head.

He's now near his home. When he passes by the minimarket in front of his building, he notices someone familiar. Instantly he throws his hoodie over his head and sneaking into the bushes.

"Damn, why's she there?"

You gulp the last liter of mineral water to get rid off of your hang over. Your body has quiet unique resistance of alcohol. It seems slower to absorb causing you to get drunk a bit awhile after you drink.

It's been an hour after your last glass but the hang over really hits you hard right now.
There's your apartment door right before your eyes, and your window in the 6th floor. But somehow you're not sure you can walk there without tip your feet.

"Ah,, why my head is suddenly heavy."
You bump your head on the table. Feeling the pain you just frown your eyebrows.
You frown again as you feel someone is poking your shoulder.

"Noona, noona.."
Bobby keeps calling and shaking your shoulder, though you can only answer him with a grunt.

"Hey, kid! Just take her home. It's getting chiller near the dawn. I'm afraid she'll catch a cold."
The shop ahjusshi suggests Bobby to take you home. But he's not sure how to carry you on.

He takes your bag first then hangs it over his neck. He grabs your right hand then lowers his body to put your hand on his shoulder. He tries to lift you up but he can't. He thinks that he should take a grip on you, but he's not sure where to touch you.

He seems a bit hesitates yet his hand is already on your hip and walks you to your apartment.

When both of you finally make it to the elevator, on the short ten second to the third floor, your head fall onto his shoulder. You can't help it since Bobby grows taller since last summer and it's comfortable to place your head there. 

But you're too drunk even to notice Bobby suddenly freezes and his cheeks burn to red as you keep moving your head closer to his neck. He can only glance at you just to find both of your cheeks also blushing. From drunk definitely, yet He finds you look so cute.
 

Tting!!


The elevator opens, brings him to reality. There are ten steps more to your house and now he feels so sore around his shoulder.
He struggles between keeping you on your place and typing your password.

"Noona, you'd better go on diet. My shoulder is dying. Gosh." He's mumbling as he walks you to your room.

He's about to put you slowly on your bed when you suddenly turn your body and grab his jacket's collar.

"Mworago? *What did you say*?" You pull him close.

"You said I'm fat, didn't you?" You glare at him with a half close eye. But there's Bobby, forcing his eyes open wide.

"Ya! Kim Jiwon!"
You pull him closer till your nose's touching each other.

There’s definitely something you want to say, and it's flying in your head. Like where he was this evening ‘cause you saw someone that look like him on the club earlier.

Definitely you move your lips to ask him that, while Bobby shuts his eyes tightly.
Bobby tries to pull of his head from your grip, but you hold him even more firmly.

"Kimbab..."

Bobby opens his eyes wide just to meet your stare.

"What are you saying, noona." He asks nervously.

"Kimbab..." suddenly you let go your grip on him and clung your hands around his neck instead. You stuff your face in his chest.

His chest is about to explode by your sudden action. He never knows this habit of yours when you get drunk.

You sway from side to side as you keep saying, "I want kimbap, I want kimbap."

Your sway begins to go faster and violent as your drunkenese is completely over you.

“Noona ya, noona! Wait, wait?”


Well, sure you don’t know what happens next. Not even the next morning when you wake up still in your last night clothes. You won’t even have a clue why there’re already some rolls of kimbab in your coffee table.

“Sure, it’s a new way to get rid of your hangover.” You pour yourself some water as stuff one of the kimbaps into your mouth.

 

*********************************************************************


You run into Bobby in front of your door. You wave at him but he just keep walking without looking at you.

“Ya, Kim Jiwon!” he even doesn’t bother to stop instead he speed up his steps.

“Ya, I’m talking to you, imma *kid*!” finally you’re able to catch him up. You try to look at his face but he turns away.
You try to block his way but he manages to dodge you.

Then you’re giving up. You stop running after him.

“Fine, don’t say anything, just go!”
You’re a bit offended but confused at the same time for what Bobby act toward you just now.
“Gosh, I don’t get the boys puberty at all. Do they have mood swings like girls do?”

Bobby keeps walking faster ignoring your shouts. His cheeks are burned red. He speeds up to the bus stop. On the back of his bag there’s a black scarf  popping out from one of its pocket. Swaying side to side. You frown your eyebrows as you’re sure you’ve seen it some where.

Bobby gets on his bus. He picks a seat which is as far from people sight and snuck his red face to his palms, getting embarrassed all of a sudden.


#flash back

You sway from side to side as you keep saying, "I want kimbap, I want kimbap."

Your sway begins to go faster and violent as your drunkenese is completely over you.

“Noona ya, noona! Wait, wait?”

Sure you don’t know how strong when you get drunk as you pull down Bobby together with you. Both of you successfully landed on the bed. With you on your back, while Bobby, is on you. To be more cliche, he landed with his lips on yours.