Chapter 1

Bobby and I

"Noonaaa.....!!"

You heard foot steps approaching your bedroom door following the smiling head appeared at the door.

"Bobby, act your age really. How come you stormed off to a girl room like that?"

You said to the still now smiling head from the mirror in front of you.

"So, how am I supposed to do then?"

The smilling head now begin clutching by the door and throwing off all of his aegyeo.

"You should know how to knock I suppose?"

"Then Should we try it again? I won't forget to knock this time."

You just could laugh at how the boy act. Something he would always do around this dates of every months.

You began drying your hair when you heard knocking on the door.

"Can I come in?"

You turned off the dryer just to reply for his permission.

"Yeah"

Then he walked through with the smile never leave his face.

"That's how a boy should do. Girls like a polite and gentle guy, you know."

"Mmm... do you think so, noona? 'cause girls I know like a straight forward and bad boy type nowdays."

Before you could say anything he already lied on your bed and cuddling with your pillow.

"See...see... now this little brat is a girl expert?"

You shot him with the dryer making him crowling all over the bed and ruining the sheet.

"Arasso, arasso, noona..." more chuckle came off from him. He surely knew how to push your button, yet you never could be really mad at him. You just loved hearing his laughter as he likes to tease you. The boy you loved dearly as a brother even there's no blood relation between both of you. It just came naturally as you has known him since his family first came in your building when he was five and you were ten. He always attached to you ever since and you loved to have him around too.

"Aish,, you ruined the sheet!" You yelled at him.

He peaked trough the pillow, and said, " sorry..." with his half lit puppy eye.

" forget it." You began working on your hair again ignored his aegyos.

After a while you glance at him trough the mirror just to see him still looking at you with the same aegyo. Like you always did before, you waved the white flag and dropped off your gun. You turned off the dryer and faced him.

"Ok, now tell me what you want."

"I brought you Mom's bean paste soup for your breakfast. So..." surprisingly he avoided your stare.

"Make it short."

"Rrr... this..."

"Quickly."

"I need a new sneaker." He hid his face at flash seeing you took a grip on the cleansing face bottle.

At a second you did feel like want to throw the bottle at him, but you chose not to. You then turning onto the mirror again, applying the cleanser before doing your make up.

"Oh, your mom's soup's taste does really worth a price of sneakers for me"

You should have been aware of it since today will be your pay day. You used to buy him some food or stuff like school kit even when you were part timing in high school. His mom had asked you not to do this, yet you always gave him something behind her back. Now you know why his mother did that, you deserved your own fault by spoiling him.

"Noona..."

"I watched in news last night that the transportation fee will be rised. Even jajjangmyun next to my office has been rised since last month. Everything became expensive."

"It's a cheap sneaker though..." he said it with a small voice behind the pillow.

" Ha, it's so hard to leave alone and support your self. I miss my parents recently, should I move to Australia with them? Ah,,"

"No, noona... you can't really do that." He finally showed his face and looked at you with an upset face.

"Or, Should I find a rich guy and marry him...?"

He suddenly get up, still hugging the pillow, thighter, and his mouth has formed a pout. A really tight pout you could think he would get a mouth cramp.

"By my dead body if you even think about married."

You tried really hard to hold your laugh. You distracted it by acting busy with your eyeliner. You did consentrate so hard making the eye line and hold your laugh.

"Ya, I can stand it if you don't want me to move out. But why I can't get married too."

"Later, not now."

"Mom? Is that you?"

You pinched his both cheek playfully

"Aaa... noona,, you buy it or not?" He said rubbing his redden cheeks.

"Ahaha... I don't know, I think I'll be so tired to tidy up after work tonight." You really couldn't let go of him of the hook.

"I'l do that for you. I'll make sure your house as clean as ever. And I'll prepare your dinner too."

"Really? What dish? Can I have stir fried kimchi?"

"I don't know,, it depends on what mom will cook tonight." Then that eye smile appeared again.

"Aish,, this kid really." You began tickling him, attacking his weak spot. Stomach and hip.

That's more than enough to play the crunch laughter you loved so much from him.

"Noona,, stop it, stoooop.."

****

Later on that night you came back home to find your apartement was clean just like when your mom was around. You checked on the kitchen counter, there's already some food waiting for you.

You opened the lit of the pan and found a still warm kimchi jiggae. Unconsiously you swallowed your saliva to see that red spicy soup. It didn't take you a long time to dig in to the meal. When you were going to clean the table, you found a note sticked inside the pan's lit.

"Noona,, enjoy the meal while thinking of me. Bobby." A smile emoticon under the note took almost all of the paper. You couldn't help but to imagine his goofey smile while writing it.