it's she

Voices inside my heart

A lush green field with tiny daisies all around and the brilliant sea view right in front of Rijin. She took a deep breath and ran towards this magnificent sight in front of her.

Standing in right at the edge of the cliff, Rijin closed her eyes and stretched out her arms. She took a whiff of the salty sea breeze. Ah, this is so refreshing! How long since I've taken a break? But why does this place feel and look so familiar to me?

A pair of warm hands circled her waist, but instead of being shocked, Rijin felt the touch was comforting and familiar. And that aftershave. That, too, was familiar.

 

"Ree, it's time to wake up~ You're going to be late."

He leaned into her and whispered into Rijin's ears. The warm breath ghosted her ears. It warmed her insides up, despite the cool summer breeze.

"Jinnie-ah~"

 

Rijin's mum shook Rijin vigorously, only to have her turn from the left side to her right without her even having any sign of waking up.

 

"Aigoo, this child seriously!"

Rijin's mother waved her hands threateningly.

 

Rijin is known for sleeping dead as a log after a drink or two. Practically nothing can wake her up! She even slept through an earthquake in Japan once and her colleague nearly died trying to wake her up!

 

You left me with no choice!

Rijin's mum took off Rijin's socks and tickled her. Rijin's eyes shot wide open.

 

"Arasso, arasso omma! I'M UP NOW! Stop it!" Rijin rolled around, giggling at the torture.

"Hurry bathe! Palli! You're gonna be late for work!" Rijin's mum nagged.

"Aniya, omma. It's my off day today~ Don't you remember whose birthday is it today?" Rijin getting up from the bed, ready to bathe.

"Omo, it's your grandmother's birthday!"

"Ah~ you forgot didn't you? You're in BIG trouble omma!"

"Ani~ it's because of you drunk !" Rijin's mum waved her hands threateningly at Rijin. 

 

Last night, Rijin's mum was preparing a birthday feast for Rijin's grandmother when Jay called. Aish, that child always causes me trouble!

 

 

"But omma, why am I here? I was drunk again, is it?" Rijin scratched her head, embarrassed.

"Did my friends call you to pick me up?"

Rijin wondered why did her mum not bring her home right away but here instead. However, her mum wouldn't have enough strength to carry Rijin to bed.

 

 

"Omma..."

"Aigoo, enough with the questions! Hurry bathe and wash up then drink your hangover soup! We've many things to do for your grandmother's birthday!"

Rijin's mum shooed her to the bathroom.

"Arasso, I'll be quick! I missed my mum's breakfast and hangover soup the most!" Rijin hugged her mum tightly and gave her a kiss.

Rijin's mum prayed that her kid would not remember that it was Jay who brought her here. It took a lot for Rijin to heal and stand up again.

 

 

Jay crossed his legs and leaned back into the Italian leather couch.

"Jebal, Jay. Don't cause any more trouble! Your comeback is around the corner. The CEO threatened to push it back if you do anything funny again!" his manager all but kneel now in front of Jay.

"Hyungi~"

The manager stared at him with a pout.

Jay put his hands up, surrendering.

"Arasso, hyungnim. You win."

"Thank you, Jay! Be good please!"

The manager roped Jay into a bear hug, nearly choking Jay to death.

 

"Your brotherly actions touched me so. Should we have rumours that Jay's gay now?"

Her voice brought chills down Jay's spine. It was so cold and unfeeling.

Jay stood up and smirked.

"Why not, Yura? Maybe this will help sell my albums better? Those fangirls love anyways right?"

Yura gave a small smile and leaned in to whisper.

"Gay or not, you're still mine."

Yura sat down opposite Jay, smiling like she had won the world.

Jay clenched his fists tightly and sat down.

Just you wait! You won't win forever!