chapter 4 - memories

Voices inside my heart

"Yobeoseyo, ommoni?" Jay barely whispered out, fidgetting nervously.

Rijin's mum was shocked to hear this familiar voice again. She didn't believed her eyes when she saw his name flashed across the phone screen. Hearing his voice brought back both painful and happy memories. 

 

"Ommoni, Jay here. Sorry to bother you but do you know how to make hangover soup? I'm with Rijin now, and you do know that she gets better only with your soup whenever she gets drunk."

 

Mwoh, he's with Rijinnie!?

What's between them?

Why are they together again?

Hasn't he hurt Jinnie enough yet?

Why? Why did Jinnie let him back into her life?

Are they together again?

 

All these questions were forming so quickly inside Rijin's mum's head and she wanted to confront the man who hurt her daughter so deeply!

But now it's not the time. She will find out the answers herself soon enough.

Jay had always been like a son to her, since she only has Rijin this one precious child. Knowing what Jay did broke Rijin's mum's heart more since she trusted Jay to treat Rijin right. And Jay promised to never hurt Rijin, unlike Rijin's dad, but he did the very same thing. 

Right now, her child's well-being comes first.

 

 

"You would need a pen and paper. The list gets pretty long." Rijin's mum answered after a long silence.

 

Jay broke into cold sweat. Knowing Rijin's mum, she could have put down the phone without answering Jay's calls. Rijin had the exact temper - that stubbornness but also, that kind and big heart that's willing to forgive. 

He quickly took a pen and paper to copy the ingredients and instructions on cooking the soup before driving to the nearest supermarket to get the stuff. 

 

"Where are you?" Rijin's mum asked. 

"Um, w-we ... um hotel." Jay answered bashfully. 

"MWOH!?!? PARK JAE BEOM! How dare you!"

"Aniyo, ommoni. It's not what you think it is! Rijin was drunk and I didn't know where Rijin stayed that's why I brought her here. Just this simple." Jay hurriedly answered, rubbing his neck nervously, beads of cold sweat dripping down his neck. 

Heck, this was more nerve-breaking than his first solo stage. 

 

"Tell me the hotel name and room number. I'll be there in a short moment. I'll take it from here Jay. You can leave now. Leave, before she wakes up." With that, Rijin's mum hung up. 

 

Rijin's mum could not stand another moment with him on the phone. It was just too much to bear.

Jay let out the breath that he didn't even realized that he had been holding and sat down on the nearest couch. 

He whatsapped the address to Rijin's mum while pouring himself a drink. Hearing Rijin's mum's voice, the hurt inside and the quiet fury, broke a little part inside Jay. 

 

Rijin and her mum was the closest thing he could have to a family and that  had to ruin everything. Her plan worked so well that he almost lost everything he had - both love and work. 

 

Oh, revenge is going to be sweet.

After ruining her, Jay will go beg for Rijin's forgiveness. Until then, Jay must let her know that he had seen Rijin.

He must protect Rijin from more hurt. His One and only.

 

 

A/N: haha short update before I go on a holiday! Hope y'all guess who's the her