Chapter 29

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 29“Little star”

 

“He wouldn't do that.” Jaelin whispered, sadness washing over her. “The Dae I know wouldn't do that.”

“Your Dae wasn't as angry and furious as he is now. You mean a lot to Dae. During the time you guys were together, his priority was to make you feel better. Now he is after getting revenge and taking you away, to a better place.” Saemin smiled sadly. “I would love to do that as well, I am basically him. But not that out for revenge.”

“Why not?” She asked, frowning. “What makes you so different from Dae?”

“I understand that the universe does things for a reason. Things shouldn't get out of order, you can be happy at this stage. I believe you can be happy here, Dae thinks otherwise. Especially after the elders were heavily involved.”

“Mother and father died. Because of those elders? Because they were after me...” Jaelin sunk to the ground, when the reality of the happenings really dawned to her. Blinking away the tears, it was hard for her to sort out her head. How should she act? How should she go on with the news that what she believed was in reality something entirely else?

Should she be angry and furious? Because the human Jaelin was temperamental and rather feisty. More hard headed than anything else.

Or be sad and depressed; because the little pure-blood child was vulnerable and more emotional than Jaelin ever was? Maybe ever could be, even.

Who was she now? What was she now? Where did she belong now? To whom, more precisely.

It was confusing. She wasn't that Jaelin anymore – the lone wolf – that would be alone most of the time. Spending her time in her room, reading and doing her thing than going out.

She also wasn't the little vampire pure-blood who was always looked after, that child was long gone. She was now fully grown, but somehow, she lacked the certain maturity, or more like the feeling of it.

But maybe both Jaelin's weren't that different from each other. The circumstances were, yes. But not the feelings both went through. They were both alone, introverted and minding their own business. Jaelin choose to be like that and even accepted it, but the pure-blood Jaelin was basically forced into that role, too little to even try to put up with it. So, what really changed?

Giving herself time, Jaelin breathed in and out deeply. It were her parents who died, she should have the right to feel sad. Parents were parents, even if she barely remembered them. She won't be able to see them anymore and they died protecting her.

The first step now was to give herself time to grieve the death of parents who may have neglected her before, but gave their life to protect her.

“Hey, you can cry if you like.” Jaejoong sat besides her, taking her frame into his arms.

“No.” She gulped out as the tears fell. “I-I just-”

“It's okay.” He sighed, patting her head gently. “Everything is alright, you have the right to cry and feel sad. Don't let it eat you up, let it out.”

Burying her head into Jaejoong's chest, she let her tears run free. There were no sobs, no ugly whining. She just needed to let the tears out that should have flowed when she was a child.

“I knew Dae.” She bit her lip. “But I never knew him as the darkness and I never knew of a twin. I also don't remember the elders, I can't remember a face or that I ever heard of them. I can't even remember how my parents looked or the maids that looked after me.”

“That's okay, you can always ask me and I will show you what you want to see. If not me, Tao would surely love to help you out.” Jaejoong whispered.

“ The reason you don't know the elders is because you never saw them when you were a child, you were quite small and probably met them once and that briefly at the birthday party or something.” Saemin replied calmly, walking up towards her and Jaejoong's figure on the ground to sit before them. “Well in your second life that is.”

“Second life, I don't understand.” Jaelin mumbled, shaking her head.

“You will, soon enough. It's not yet time. We need to talk about preventing Daemin's plan of going overboard.”

“Are we even sure that the elders changed and have learned their lessons after Daemin releases them?” Yunho asked, sceptically. “Daemin could be right and the moment they are free again, they could attack.”

“We are more than them. They wouldn't be able to do anything against us.” Jaejoong pointed out. “”Is Jaelin now back at being a pure-blood though?” He turned towards her.

“Don't look at me like that, I don't know.” Said girl shrugged, turning towards Saemin questioningly.

“You are.” He raised an eyebrow. “Are you not feeling any different, I thought that you would be thirsty for blood because you haven't drunken anything in ages.”

“No, I don't feel any different. Not that I know of now.” Jaelin simply said, before frowning at herself. “Besides, I think I have more important things to think about.”

“Which are?”

“My real life, I seem to know nothing about? The universe and oh, wait, the freaking apocalypse of the vampire world.” She hissed, her voice hoarse. “Not to forget my mates.” She paused, sitting up straight as dread filled her. “Are they even my mates? Where are they anyways? Are they alright?”

Noticing the changes in her behaviour, the guys broke out into smiles. Little Jaelin was known to be hot headed, so was the human Jaelin.

“One question after another.” Saemin chuckled. “Yes, they are indeed your real mates.”

“Was I a vampire in my first life as well?” Jaelin asked.

“No, you were not.”

“How do I have mates then? How can they be my real mates, if I wouldn't have met them in my real form, in my real life?”

“Like I said, the universe already gave the elders their punishment, for every unnatural thing that followed as a consequence. You being reborn as a vampire included, which means that your mates are really destined for you. They are your perfect counterpart and are basically made for you, you guys are made for each other.” Saemin smiled at her, before looking up. “You don't need to be a vampire for them to be your real mates. However, seeing as Daemin tries to bring back everything like it was before the mistake, I am not sure how things will turn out to be. The balance will get out of control, worlds will be destroyed things will get out of their natural order. I don't know if you get to live your life with your mates.” He sighed out.

“So, my relationship with my mates is connected to the balance?” She frowned, her jaw tightening.

Saemin sig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter