Chapter 14

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER fourteen“CHEN”

 

 

"Jaelin please, I am sorry! Forgive me!" Chen begged on his knees, hugging Jaelins waist shamelessly.

"Back off Jongdae, I am pissed at you!" She growled, trying to shove the boy away from her. "Don't touch me!"

"I didn't mean to, really! Please forgive me." He cried out.

"I know, but I am still pretty angry!"

"You like to hold grudges, right?" He asked carefully, following her into the kitchen to eat breakfast.

Jaelin pretty much got used to being forced to eat in the mornings for her to have the needed energy for the day. And as much as she hated to say it, the boys were right. She really felt more energetic and lively. That probably explains why she has a good mood more often.

Widening her eyes, Jaelin instinctively stood up. How could she even not notice the clothes Chen was wearing.

Following her sight towards his chest, Chen grinned.

"Don't tell me....no..." She groaned unhappily. "One is already enough, but you too?"

"What can I say, I couldn't think of anything else. The others didn't want to help me as well, so this was the only option." He laughed. "I am not sorry, by the way."

And he went off to open the door as someone knocked.

Going after Chen with a frown, Jaelin groaned again. Today way another day that expected her to be patient and calm.

"Good morning, little one." Luhan greeted her.

"Your nickname for her is little one?" Jongdae burst out loud.

"What's so funny about that?" Jaelin then asked cluelessly. No really, it wasn't anywhere near a joke. Was that even meant to be a joke?

"I am afraid, I don't know myself." Luhan shrugged, looking down at his brother, who was laughing and rolling on the ground. "And I don't want to and will never look into his mind. Who knows how his brain actually works."

Smirking at that, Jaelin went towards her room to take her backpack. "Then let's go to school. God, if you even exist. Please don't interpret my wishes in a wrong way again, but make me not kill Chen on the end of this day."

"If you aren't doing it, probably I will." Luhan laughed and went ahead.

"Are you guys leaving me here alone?" Chen stopped and stood up. "You guys are actually leaving me alone." He sprinted after them, closing the door behind him. He feared to be alone, he just couldn't be on his own. That explains why he shared a room with Xiumin all the time. He was the only one that knows why Chen always insisted to stay with him. Chen was afraid to be lonely.

"I still can't believe Xiumin choose you," Luhan complained. Chen is the loudest and annoying of the boys after all. Directly followed by Baekhyun and Chanyeol, even if the latter could be silent and thoughtful at moments.

The character of the boys are complicated. Lost between their real character and that of a more lighter way – for Jaelin to not be afraid of them and like them sooner- they tried to change for her. But changes are something that cannot be done in the span of a day. Nevertheless character of a living being.

"Actually me too." Chen shrugged. "I am glad he did though. The sooner I can spend my time with Jaelin the better."

Luhan smirked evilly. He would do everything to hinder his brother to get close to Jaelin, not giving him any moments with her like he did with Xiumin.

Chen knew that of course. Luhan was the most evil one out of his brothers, something like that was what everyone of the boys would expect. He just needed a good idea to have alone time with her, he needed to get rid of Luhan.

"I'd like to see you try." The said boy smirked.

"Game on, brother!" Chen smirked back. Just as competitive as Luhan is.

Overhearing their conversation Jaelin just shook her head. So much to maturity. Now thinking about that, how old are the guys actually? Are their age based on years as well? She should definitely ask this the boys sometime.

Without minding the argument pair, Jaelin went into the school the minute they reached the gate and took her a seat on her place in the classroom.

We don't keep track of our age.

Getting startled Jaelin looked around the classroom to see Luhan smiling at her.

You are in my head again...

Yes, I am. But this time I am not sorry. Back to your question; we are all under 100 'human' years, which is actually counted as young in the vampire world.

So we are basically the same age?

Nope. I am still way older. Like I said, I am just a teenager in the vampire standards. For you humans, I am more than trice as old as you are.

Is there perhaps any way to block you out of my mind?

Luhan just stared in front of him, knowing that Jaelin glared at him with annoyance. As if he was going to tell her to prevent him from being close to her than every other of his brothers could be. As if he would tell her how to block him off. No, he didn't want that. He didn't wanted to be left out of her.

 

*

 

"Where did you know that they would be....?" The man asked his friend, turning around to look at them.

"I had another vision again. They are coming more often." He answered watching the teenager listen to the teacher. They were standing on a rooftop of a building near the school, having a good sight into the classroom.

"The human world. Who would even think that..." Another one started, just to be interrupted by him.

"They were always smart when it came to hiding..." He scoffed. "I still hate them for it!"

"They just wanted to protect the-"

"Don't say that!" He shouted. "It wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter