Chapter 5: Welcome to the family

The perfect husband

Chapter 5:

Waiter: Daehyun ? All the eyes were between Daehyun and the waiter. I felt like everything we made with Daehyun was nothing. In one ing minute no, second, this guy, ruined everything. My supposed lover better get us out of this . 

Thinking about him, I pinched his thigh to make him react. My heart was beating like crazy.

DH: I'm sorry but who are you and how do you know my brother's name ? He never came here.

Waiter: Oh you're his brother that's weird I don't remember him having a bro but nice to know you. Daehyun and I were in the same high school in Busan. He was my best friend's enemy his name's Ja...

DH: Okay I got it, I'm happy you know my brother but we're having a family breakfast so please could you do your job. Who is this guy really? Was he about to say Jaebum? I really need to talk to Daehyun about this. And I love the way he shut him up. We just avoided the worst.

The waiter took our orders before going back to the kitchen. I patted Daehyun's hand reassuringly, he looked composed, but I could see he was stressed.

YJMom: What a rude person, you were right to tell him that Jaebum. Youngjae never told me you are from Busan, and you have a brother? I don't know where the real Jaebum is from and he is an only son though.

DH: Oh yeah I'm from Busan, I have a brother five years younger than me. Youngjae met him by the way. When my brother was in high school I was already in Seoul. That is why I don't know his friends. I'm sorry for this interruption. 

YJDad: Don't worry son everything is okay. My father insist, seing Daehyun embarassed. The rest of the meal went better. Some questions about the wedding (which is supposed to be soon).

YJMom: How is your brother Jaebum? Does he look like you ? I decided to answer for him.

YJ: Daehyun is so cute mom, I'm sure you will like him.  When I see my boyfriend's face I can tell he was surprised.

DH: Do I have to be jealous? He asked me a playful tone.

YJ: Of course not, you're more handsome than him. I said trying not to laugh at the fact that he was the same person we were talking about. My parents were looking at us, fond of our couple moment.

YJMom: My baby boy, you should stay more days with Jaebum. We have to prepare everything for your wedding. I didn't know what to say, I expected this from my mother but not with Daehyun. He accepted to help me for the weekend and she added more days.

DH: It's okay with me, if you want to stay with your family I'll stay with you baby. Baby? Is he serious. Wait he wants to stay  more with my mother? I could see my parents pleased by the answer.

YJ: What about your work ? I don't want him to be fired because of this. And the real Jaebum would never left his work to spent a night in the coutryside like this.

DH: Don't worry about that, family come first they'll understand. And If I really need it, I'm sure you won't be bother by me working a bit in the bedroom. I wanted this week-end to finish the moment I came. And did I heard right, family before work?! That's exactly what I'll need to hear next time I fall in love.

YJ: Well I have to work, the fashion week is close and I have tons of things to do. We can stay one or two more days but no more. As soon as I said that, I regretted it. This will be a tiring moment. At least I avoided a whole week here. Two days are nothing.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

My mother decided to spend the afternoon in wedding shopping. She dragged the poors Daehyun and daddy with us.

We were now in a fancy store to buy me a tuxedo. This was maybe the sixth I was about to try. This one was so far my favorite. He has this something the other didn't have, you know what I'm talking about, there's always this something when you buy your wedding dress or your costume. The one when you look at you in the mirror you say 'I want it'. If only I could really get married. My fashion side was in heaven. For people like me who works in the fashion field, it was THE experience.

When I felt ready, I left the fitting room to join the others. My mother was the first on her feet. She took me in a big hug (like she always does).

YJMom: My baby boy you're absolutely beautiful, what do you think dear? She asked my father.

YJDad: Son I'm so proud of you. Jaebum is really a lucky guy. I turned my gaze toward 'Jaebum' who seemed lost in his thoughts. He was looking at me like this was the first time he saw me. He came to us and took my hands in his. He looked deep into my eyes trying to read me. I felt vulnerable in front of this man. This was one of  the most intimate moment we had since he is my boyfriend. Without me expected it, he leaned toward me and kissed me, on the lips. I like the sensation of his lips on mine, it's like a first kiss. It felt so good and without thinking I kissed back. It was not a hot one, it was just our lips moving together. slowly, he pulled away from me, his eyes on mine.

DH: You're really beautiful... I'm speechless, no words can describe you right now. You should take this one.

YJMom: Oh dear look at my babies they are so cute. Definitely made for each other. I completely forgot they were there. Everything happened so fast. I didn't know what to think anymore. Why did he kiss me?! what if he fell in love with me?! It can't happened, it must NOT happening. I needed to call Himchan.

YJMom: Come on we pay and we go home, we still have the turkey to cook. Oh yeah I forgot about this.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

At home, my mother prepared the dinner with Yejon. My father dragged Daehyun fishing. Jongup was playing with his kids in the garden. I decided to call Himchan.

HC: Youngjae I thought you forgot your best friend, how is the mission. The mission ? This is not the word I would use.

YJ: it's alright. But. Some unexpected things happened.

HC: Ohhh it's more interesting now, tell me everything.

YJ: Himchan... We kissed. Well he initiated it but I kissed back.

HC: What he kissed you oh my god how was it? Is he a good kisser like his cousin ?

YJ: I liked it and yeah he is a good kisser.

HC: How did you feel?

YJ: I told you I liked it.

HC: No I mean, did you feel like you can be used to be kiss by him, did you like it better than Jaebum ? Good question I can't like him, not this way, I don't know him that well. But I felt like...

YJ: I felt like this was my first kiss. I can still feel his lips on mine. At the same time, it feels familiar. Like I already kissed him before.

HC: I can't believe it, you're falling in love, we'll be cousin so cool. Love? No it's too soon, my last love story just ended and I just met Daehyun. I can't already be in love. It's not possible, it's not even logical. I know I like him but not that way, I think I try to convince myself I can move on but I can't. I still have feelings for Jaebum, he is the most serious relationship I had in my life. Daehyun is so different, they are so different. I need to think about something else.

YJ: Himchan my mother is calling me I have to go, I'll call later bye. I didn't let him answer, I hang up.

By the window, I could see Jongup playing with the kids. He is a good father and his children are adorable. Maybe I could join them to clear my mind.

YJ: Hey Jongup.

JU: Hey my favorite brother. And your only.

YJ: We didn't had time to talk together I missed you. I hugged him.

JU: I missed you too. You changed a lot you're a man now. My brother always been there when I needed him and will always be.

YJ: Thanks. You look better you too. You have a family. My rebel brother became a brilliant businessman. I always believed in you. It felt so good to talk with Jongup. He is comforting with his smile never living his face.

He looked at me with a mischievous smile. Like he waited for me to tell him something.

JU: Mom told me your boyfriend and you kissed. She was so excited, tell me everything.

YJ: We're a couple so we kissed, don't tell me you never kiss your wife !?

JU: You know what I try to tell you, just yesterday you two looked like you're strangers and now you're the loving couple. Did we looked like strangers ? Maybe we should be closer and kiss much in front of them. The last thought make me blush. What am I thinking. Oh maybe that's why he kissed me earlier, so that our couple look more real.

YJ: We were shy that's all, this is the first time I bring a lover but now we'll be more...open. 

JU: Don't worry the parents already love him and I do too if he can make you happy but if he hurts you I kill him. I warned him. My dear protective brother. Younger we were so accomplice, when I'm with him I feel like a kid, doing silly and childish things like before. I decided to play with him, That's what I needed after that day full of events.

YJ: Don't play the big brother big head, I'm sure I'm still faster than you.

JU: Oh you think !? the first on the swing win. This cheater was already running in the middle of his sentence. We played like kids about a hour before going home. Daehyun and daddy were on the sofa talking. I hoped he was not bored, for me fishing is too boring though. I greeted my father and sat on Daehyun’s laps giving him a passionate kiss. At first he was surprised but melt into the kiss, his hands on my waist.

YJ: How was your afternoon, did you get fishes ? I asked, resting my head on his shoulder.

YJDad: We did, your man is a good fisher.

DH: I used to fish every sundays with my father. I would like to have kids and do the same with them.

YJDad: A man who thinks about family, Youngjae you have to keep this one.

DH: Thank you sir it's very touching.

YJDad: And stop calling me sir, my hair is not completely white.

DH: Sorry it's just... It's the first time I meet someone's family, I feel so... Accepted. I don't know how to express this feeling. 

YJDad: Don't worry son you are a member of the family now. He patted Daehyun's shoulder before leaving the living room. My parents love Daehyun too much. I wonder if they would accept Jaebum the same way.

DH: Hey you're okay ? I nodded and rest my head on his chest. Even if nobody was around, I needed a hug. I just realized in what kind of I was and the consequences. I knew I would have to pay for my actions soon, but I was not ready.