Chapter 10: The End

The perfect husband

Last Chapter guys

Chapter 10

It has been three months since Daehyun became my fiancé, and three months before our wedding. Everything happened so fast, when you're with the love of your life everyday, time can only pass fast, but it was good. I knew my man was the romantic type, but not at that point. He was so attentive, helping me with dinner, bringing me breakfast in bed every weekends, taking me on dates fridays. It was impossible to do better than the perfection. A veritable fairytale.

Until that night. when Jaebum pick me up after work, It has been a while since the last time I saw him. Usually Daehyun would take me after work but I called him to say I would be out with a friend. I know it's bad to lie about this things, but Jaebum really needed to talk to me. And it was worth it. After what he told me, I can surely consider him as a friend.

We were now in his car in front of my and Daehyun’s home. I moved in with him after the first date. He said if I would have refuse, he would sleep everyday in front of my house, outside, until I say yes. I was scared as to be here with JB. I felt like I was cheating. I saw Daehyun angry once or twice, I wouldn't like to be the victim of this anger. For the moment I had been on the other side, I calmed Daehyun. By chance I would be able to calm my man before he would try to punch Jaebum.

JB: Youngjae do you love him or me ? Why did he keep asking me that, I already told him.

YJ: Stop asking me that, you know the answer. 

JB: Do you think he'll be ready to talk with me? No, but you have to. We didn't do all of this for nothing. I won't lie to my boyfriend for my ex again so he better come.

YJ: I don't know but we need to tell him the truth. I tried to imagine his reaction, but he was so unpredictable. All I could say is, he won't be happy.

JB: Yeah you're right let's go.

The more we came closer to the door, the more I was panicked. 

I was late and with my ex who was his enemy. Daehyun was a man who didn't judge people. He was friendly with everybody, you couldn't dislike him. But if there's a person on earth that he hated more than anybody, it was Jaebum. And we all know why.

I opened the door to find my man walking back and forth in the living room, the tie untie and the shirt slightly open. In other circumstances I would have ravish his lips and get him out of his clothes. When he saw me he immediately stopped in his tracks.

DH: Oh god you're here, I was worry. It's late and you didn't answer my calls.

YJ: I told you I was with a friend. We had dinner before coming. At the same moment, the door opened wider revealing my 'friend' behind. I gulped.

DH: I see what kind of friend it is. Did you enjoy your night with your friend? No need to say it was sarcasm. I should have tell him who I was with. I can't believe you went out to eat with him.

YJ: Hyunnie honey you have to listen what he has to say. I know if I call him that, he would stay calm. It always worked when he was jealous or angry. You know I wouldn't have go if it wasn't important.

DH: I hate him you know that... He said pointing at the man at the door. But I love you so I'll listen to him if it makes you happy. I felt so bless to have someone like him. He always think before doing anything. He invited us on the couch in spite of his hate toward my ex. Knowing he was doing this for me made me feel so love.

JB: Do you remember in high school where all of this began ? Daehyun nodded, his fist clenched. I put my hand on his to calm him down. You were in love with this girl. Crazy about her everybody knew it. And I would have been the worst if I'd try to seduce her or more, knowing she was your life. He stood up grabbing his collar.

DH: Liar, you told me yourself you ed her and she told me she was pregnant and you were the father. I separated them before they could fight. (Before one could kill the other). I helped Daehyun sitting on the sofa. I sat next to him, caressing his arm lovingly. He was trembling, I hated to see my baby in this state.

JB: She was sick, she was dying. He said, sounding like he wanted to cry. She asked me to do it. She wanted you to be angry at her, not sad. She knew if she broke your heart it would be easier to move on. You wouldn't have accept her death you know that. And about Youngjae, I didn't know you knew him. I didn't know he went to Busan, I met him in Seoul and I swear I really loved him. I loved him too.

DH: But why you?

JB: Come on Daehyun, you were my rival. And... She was the only one to know about my... Preferences. She saw me kissing a boy, I was ready to do anything to keep that secret. You know how gays were treated, I didn't want to be the target of the bully. It felt good to know, Jaebum was not the bad guy.

DH: But I don't understand, why now? You should have tell me sooner. I was really hurt.

JB: I think it's the right time. We're adults and you moved on. It's easier to heard now. I'm here to apologize to you. Daehyun seemed to register what happened. All this new informations. Was he ready to move on for good knowing the girl he once loved, lied to protect him. All this time he thought he was hate. He felt like everybody played with his heart. In reality, everything was based on a lie. The moral of the story is lying is bad. It caused so much trouble this past months... Years in Daehyun's case. 

DH: I... I don't understand. It's... . All this years, you never hated me? I'm confused. My beautiful lover looked like a lost child, my poor baby. He felt guilty for having hated an innocent man for years. But it was not his fault, JB knew that. That's why he insisted on coming tonight. He was like prisoner of his past. A weight on his shoulder. He wanted to free himself by telling the truth.

JB: Of course not. Why would I? We were both popular, I'm sure we could have been friends. Smiled shyly JB.

DH: I didn't know I'm really sorry. Insisted my fiancé, feeling bad for his hate.

JB: Hey I'm the one here to apologize. You did nothing wrong.

DH: I... Of course I accept your apology. Come on. He extend his hand. Can I hug you? The friendly Daehyun back asked. Jaebum first surprised finally nodded. Wow I didn't expected that. My boyfriend hugging my ex. Was I dreaming ? I can't imagine how you felt, being hate knowing you did nothing wrong. I don't know if I would have been as strong as you. I treated you really bad back in high school.

JB: Don't worry bout this. Look at me now. I'm a successful lawyer.

YJ: If it's okay with you Dae we can invite JB to our wedding. I took the risk. Maybe it was too soon, a hour ago they were still enemies.

DH: Of course. We can say we're friends now right ? My Dae is the best. He considered everybody like a member of his family.

JB: Yeah we're friends man. Is this okay if I come with someone ? I'm Kind of dating him. Hey why he didn't tell me? What a bad friend. I thought it was the night of truth. I will have to harass him with questions about this boy.

DH: You can come with who you want since it's not my husband. Joked Daehyun.

JB: Call it fate, his name is Youngjae. Really, like me ? And he didn't tell me.

DH: I'm glad you found your Youngjae. He said his arm around my waist. He was reassure to know it was really over between us. And I was happy my ex broyfriend found someone. In the end, there is no loser.

JB: Thanks man, I wish you two to be happy. I'll be there to see you two becoming one. He shook Daehyun’s hand. I gotta go I'm waited. I try to make my love life a priority over my work. I gave him a good lesson I see.

DH: Never twice the same mistake right? You're right, good luck with your boy, take good care of him. Jaebum nodded and went to the door.

YJ: Wait I walk you to your car. I said detaching myself from my prince.

Once we were outside, he asked me again.

JB: So you really love him right? Always the same question. Why was he that curious about what I felt for Daehyun? It was not like it would change something in this life.

YJ: Yeah you don't believe me? Why do you ask me that ?

JB: You know, Daehyun suffered a lot in love. He deserves someone who can love him. You always can count on him. He has this ability to care and help people but nobody ask him if he needs help in return. When he loves, it's for real, he gets attach to people easily. My poor Daedae of course I love him unconditionally and I will always do. Everything is so touching about him. He's the realest person I know. Each day by his side make me better. I noticed it, I'm changing for good. I want to be there for him like he is for me.

YJ: Don't worry. I'll never let him down. 

JB: I trust you on this. He patted my shoulder in a friendly way. We should have a double date one of these days.

YJ: Of course. I had dinner with you and you didn't even tell me about your boyfriend. Now I have to meet him.

JB: I'm sure you two will get along. He said opening the door of the car. Bye Jae

YJ: Goodnight JB.

When I get back home, Daehyun was on the couch lost in his thoughts. He didn't notice me. I sat next to him on the couch taking his hand in mine.

YJ: Hey are you okay? 

DH: Yeah it's just... It's so much to learn. It was new for me to see him in that state. He always has a strong facade, but at that moment he was the heartbroken teenager from the past. But I got you now, you're my strength you know that!?

YJ: Yes and I'll always be. His usual mood came back. I prefered that.

DH: Forever?

YJ: Forever. I confirmed.

DH: No more lies between us. Even the worst thing, we won't hide it from each other. Promise.

YJ: I promise you, love.

DH: Let's stay focused on the present now. I want to enjoy each time with you. I love you.

YJ: I love you too. Let's go to sleep, you need to rest.

For once we were at peace and everybody won in the end. Maybe life just begin now.

_________________________________________

That's over now, the previous chapter was supposed to be the last but I didn't want Jaebum to be the bad guy.Thank you all for reading this story, I'll be back with a new DaeJae.

Keep reading DaeJae !!!