Chapter 4: Meet the parents

The perfect husband

This chapter is boring but important for the story.Daehyun is supposed to be Jaebum so don't be confused when they will call him that.

 

Chapter 4

Daehyun parked the car in the alley of the family house. My mother was already in front of the house waiting for us to come. I never saw her that excited. When I stepped out of the car, my mother nearly suffocated me with her hug.

YJMom: Oh my baby I missed you so much. Is this the husband of yours? She asked turning to Daehyun who responded with a smile.

YJ: Mom he's my fiancé, we're not married yet. She walked toward Daehyun and hug him the same way she did with me. His eyes widened in a funny way, I can tell he was not expecting this at all.

YJMom: My son I can tell you have good tastes. This young man is very handsome. You are Jaebum right? My "boyfriend" seemed surprisingly comfortable with my excited mother.

DH: Yes I'm madam, it's really a pleasure to meet you. Youngjae talks a lot about you, I couldn't wait to meet the mother of the love of my life. I understand where his beauty comes from. He told my mother, making me blush discretly.

YJMom: What a lovely man, call me mom you're a member of the family now. 

She dragged us in the house where all the neighborhood, no, the town was here. Damn. So much people. I didn't expect that. I didn't even know half of them. I forgot to tell Daehyun my mom invited all that people. He was as surprise as me to see the house full. He probably thought it would be my family only. My brother Jongup was here too with his wife and kids. They looked so happy, the perfect family. I hope one day I will have my own family. When I imagine my future, I see a cozy family house, with two or three kids and of course a husband. A good father. A model for his kids.

YJMom: Darling our Youngjae is here with his lovely husband.

YJ: Fiancé. I corrected her.

YJDad: Oh the lawyer is here. Said my father shaking hands with my supposed lover.

DH: Nice to meet you Mr mayor. Yes my father is the mayor of the city.

YJDad: Come on son call me dad. I hope you take good care of my son.

DH: I do my best to make him happy ...dad. My father then welcomed me like he used to, before dragging Daehyun with him.

YJDad: So as lawyer do you deal with cases of money like embezzlement of funds or things like that. I saw Daehyun looking for my help so I nodded when I meet his gaze.

DH: I deal with this kind of case sometimes.

YJDad: Good maybe I will need a lawyer one day who knows.

While Daehyun and daddy were talking, my mother decided to make an announcement and I think it's about me.

YJMom: Everybody please listen, I have something to say. My beautiful son here is getting married. I'm so proud of him. Come on my baby boy. I join my mom in the middle of the living room to thank the guests. Why am I thanking them I'm not the one who invited them. Fortunately I'm a polite person. Even my fiancé did a speech about how happy he is to marry me. We had to deal with questions like: 'Where are your rings' or 'When will you get married'. I had to lie to all this people, I feel bad about it.

After the thanks and some congratulations, they all left the house. My mother was making dinner with Yejon, my brother's wife. I decided to help them letting Daehyun with daddy and Jongup. I'm sure their conversation would be boring anyway, cooking was more my thing.

YJMom: Oh my baby boy I'm really proud of you, you became a good person and you have such a good man. I can the see sincerity in my mother's eyes. I felt so bad for lying to her but she looked so happy.

YJ: Thanks mom I'm glad you like him.

YJMom: I do my boy and now that you have a man you have to feed him. Come to help your old mother to cook for the hungry men. At the same moment, Daehyun appeared in the kitchen.

YJMom: Oh dear you're here to check on your husband, don't worry he is cooking for you. We're making some delicious meals for you.

DH: Do you need help? He asked.

YJMom: You don't need to force yourself dear, my son told me how bad you are in the kitchen. He threw a quick glance toward me.

DH: Oh okay I go back to the living room. Youngjae told me your food is the best, I can't wait to try it. I sent him a 'we never talked about that ' glare. Seriously I never mentioned my mother's food in our conversations. He left the room a playful smile on his lips.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

My mother took us to my old bedroom. There are six bedrooms in the house, my parents have their own, I have mine and my brother too. My nephews sleep in the same bedroom. The others are free, but it would be weird if I don't sleep with my future husband.

YJMom: It's Youngjae's bedroom I hope you'll feel like home. I leave you here good night my babies. 

YJ DH: Good night mom. As soon as the door was close, I let out a long sigh. My bedroom is like I left it. There's the queen size bed in the middle of the room, some photos on the walls. All my singing trophies are here like an exposition. There is a bathroom attached to my bedroom. In each bedrooms there are bathrooms. I reported my attention to Daehyun.

YJ: The first day was okay, you made a good job, you must be tired.

DH: Thanks yes I'm very tired. I didn't expect so much people.

YJ: Oh sorry I forgot to tell you the neighbors would be there. I apology.

DH: It's nothing, I was just caught off guard. But I think we didn't disappoint them. 

YJ: For the moment.

DH: What do you mean ?

YJ: When I'll tell everybody my wedding is cancel, they'll be so sad for me. I won't deserve their sadness.

DH: Don't say that, we don't know what can happen until then.

I nodded, I should stay positive like him. I took my pajamas in my bag then turn toward him.

YJ: Hm okay I go to change in the bathroom you can change here or maybe you prefer the bathroom ? He was the guest after all.

DH: No it's okay go I stay here. With the time I need in the bathroom, I'm sure he would be ready for bed or maybe sleeping already. It would be embarrasing if he comes out while I'm changing, Good thing he choose the bedroom.

When I left the bathroom after preparing myself to bed, Daehyun was waiting for me under the covers, his arms behind his head, I could see he was shirtless. Very y. Wait don't tell me he was .

DH: You're ready to sleep ? I hope you don't mind, I can't stand sleeping with pajamas.

YJ: No I don't mind as long as you wear your underwear. 

DH: I won't take it off don't worry. He laughed. 

It felt weird to be in the same bed with a man I just met a day ago. Especially when this man is nearly and very hot. If I would be single for a long time and deprived, I would have jump on him, gay or not.

YJ: Daehyun are you sleeping ?

DH: No why ?

YJ: I wanna thank you again for helping me, you really saved my skin.

DH: I'm happy I did. Your family is amazing. I don't regret anything. He likes my family? It's because this is only the first day. At the end of the weekend, he will be exhausted. You should have told me your man was a bad cooking. I mean, I'm a beast in the kitchen.

YJ: Seriously ? You can cook? I never date a man who can cook.

DH: Of course, eating is my passion so I took cooking lessons when I was younger. You should really try what I do after this weekend. I take it as he wants to stay in touch after that. I wouldn't mind, he is a good person.

YJ: It would be a pleasure to taste a man's cooking.

DH: What ? don't tell me no men cook for you before. He said surprise.

YJ: Except Himchan, nobody.

DH: Well you should have date a chef, most of them are men.

YJ: Maybe you can help me find a chef boyfriend. I said in a joking tone.

DH: Yeah. He replied, laughing along. So I saw you've been elected "Best dress" in high school. I didn't even know this kind of elections existed. I remember my award somewhere in my room.

YJ: Oh yeah we used to have awards ceremonies and well, I won in almost all categories. I said proudly.

DH: You were the popular type I see. It wouldn't be surprising. 

YJ: Why that?

DH: Man you could have all men at your feet if you wanted. He admitted making me blush. It was not totally wrong.

YJ: I have my ways.

DH: I don't want to ruin the mood, but I'm tired. 

YJ: We should sleep tomorrow will be a long day. Good night Daehyun.

DH: Good night Youngjae.

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

My mother decided we have breakfast in a little restaurant outside. One of the only in town. Jongup was talking with dad about business, Yejon and the kids were with my mom. Daehyun and me were walking hand in hand behind them.

DH: It's so lovely right here. Perfect for holidays. He said looking around.

YJ: Yes right. When I need to stay away from work  and the stressful life of the capital, I come here. Since I'm with JB it's the first time I come. I whispered the last part.

DH: Why? You should visit your parents more often, they're cool. Did he just say my parents are cool. Either he is crazy or... he is crazy. My parents are terrible. I love them, but visiting them too often could be... Too much. Once in a while, it's good.

YJ: I think you're the only one who think they're cool. I never bring a boyfriend at home before because one, it was never serious, and two, I didn't want them to scare the boy.

DH: I understand. He laughed. The first time I met your mother, she nearly killed me with a hug. But I like it. All this love, the way they treat you, you will never have that with a lover. You know love comes and leaves. Parents stay. I knew he was right, I had the proof of that. And all this things he said made my mind go wild. Maybe I should tell my parents the truth about him, about the situations. Hey don't think too much about it okay, we're here. I raised the head to see we were at destination.

The restaurant were empty except for a couple and a group of friends present. We looked trough the menu for a good breakfast. More like brunch at this late hour. Probably why this was that empty. 

DH: Nice place, It's so quiet.

YJDAD: You like it ? It is different from the noisy Seoul right !?

DH: Exactly. Agreed Daehyun. Do you think you could help me ordering? everything look so good. He asked me. This man really like food a lot.

YJ: You're lucky I know this menu better than anybody else.

When we were ready to order, my father called the waiter who came immediately. I saw him eyeing Daehyun before calling.

Waiter: Daehyun !?