Chapter 1: My perfect life

The perfect husband

The first thing I see when I open my eyes is his beautiful sleeping face. The handsome male next to me is my boyfriend and future husband Jaebum. As lawyer, he works too much so seeing him sleeping so peacefully is very pleasant, I wish he could take some vacations. Love is a so good feeling, waking up next to the man of your life after dreaming of him. To be honest, I never thought our relationship would go that far. It was not serious when we began dating, and I was not ready for anything serious. Study was all that matters back then. But now, I know he is the one. And he feels the same (otherwise he wouldn't asked my hand last month right?).

My parents are happy about me having a stable man. I never been in a serious relationship so for them he is my first love and since he proposed to me they absolutely want to meet him. I can tell they already love him, I told my mother everything about Jaebum. We spend hours phone talking about him and each time she asked me when would I come to visit her and daddy. My mother was fangirling about my lawyer of a fiancé. She couldn't dream of a better son-in-law, rich and crazy in love with her beautiful, perfect son. Still we have to see if she would like him in real life. She's turn to family. JB is not really that type.  

My mother is a type of woman who believes in the perfect family, she doesn't want one of her children to be single. That's why she didn't mind about me being gay. "It's better than nothing" she told me back then. She accepted me without hesitation I don't want to disappoint her. And I don't think I would, I mean we can't do better than JB as lover. Otherwise I wouldn't be with him. One son on two being gay, she still had been able to have grandchildren, and who knows, maybe one day I'll be ready, I always wanted kids after all.  

My father is an understanding man. When I told him I love men the only thing he said was "I know son". I think he's the person who knows me more. More than myself. I remember when I was a kid, he came to my school after a call from my school principal. Some kids attacked me because I confess to a boy, it was my first innocent love and it was a boy. I was ten. That day, he took me to an ice cream and told me I was not like the other children but I'd have to be stronger than them. Years later, when I was going out with my first boyfriend, I understood what he meant. I'm glad to have this kind of parents. Proud of their sons for what they really are. 

JB -Hey love why didn't you wake me ? I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize my man was awake. His eyes were still half closed.

YJ -you were so tired you needed to sleep more. I answered caressing his cheek.

JB -you're cute but you know I have to work he reply, kissing my lips before I heard the bathroom's door being slammed and the water running. I always thought a lively place bring a soothing feeling. 

I decided to make breakfast for the both of us. It's like a routine, we wake up, I make breakfast while he showers then when we're done eating he goes to work while I prepared myself for work. Everything is so perfect. People said routine is a bad thing because one of us could become bored, but I liked it and I couldn't help but think one day we would add one or two persons in our family to live this routine.

After ten good minutes, he goes out of the bathroom in his suit. The manly businessman attire.

JB -hmm you made breakfast I nod and help him with his tie even if he didn't needed it. In my opinion, it's a cute gesture in couples.

YJ -Hurry up before it's getting cold. 

We eat our breakfast silently, it's part of our morning routine. Maybe the only part I literaly hated. I would like a 'how did you sleep?' 'How is work' Once a time.  Sometimes he would send some mails or his boss would call. Sometimes he would work on his computer. The only problem in our couple is his work. It takes all the place in his life. We can't do like all lovers do, you know, Hanging out or going to cinema, celebrate our couple anniversary. The only thing we do as lovers, is going to a restaurant when he wants to, when he needs to. I wonder if he would choose work over me if we ask him.

YJ -hey honey did you forget we go to my parents next week for thanksgiving? I remind him just in case. Thanksgiving is close I have to be sure he remembers we have plans. Last year we spent it with his boss.

I see him frown before recomposing himself. I know already what that means.

JB -Oh I'm sorry I forgot and I have a lot of work coming love. Always the same excuse. I saw that coming. I have to stay strong. We can do something just the two of us.

YJ -But you promised I said pouting.

He sigh and I know I won. It was so rare.

JB -Ok but I'll have to take my work with me... Oh and by the way be ready for tonight I take you out. Like I said before, it will be a restaurant, and it won't be just a date. He had something in head.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

HC -So how is life with your prince Himchan my best friend asked me.

YJ -It's great you know he is good with me. We're planning our wedding and all.

HC -You're so lucky Youngjae, you have a good man with a good job and who loves you.

I stop what I'm doing and turn my head toward him. He said that as if he was a single man looking for love. It was not the case tho.

YJ -Himchan how you and Yongguk doing ? Now I know there is something wrong. Last time I checked, which was yesterday, he was happy and still with his lover.

HC -What? We're good you know nothing new. He shrugged. I raised my eyebrow suspiciouly, he can't lie to me, something bother him and he will tell me. He bent his head and I know I was right, there's something wrong. He won't cry, he was not the type, he was proud. I think he cheats on me, he is always in business trip in Busan and when he is home there's this guy who keeps calling him. I don't know what to think.

I met Himchan in college, we were in fashion class and now we work as fashion designer for a famous brand. In college, we were very popular. All  guys were chasing us, no lying, but Himchan always had his eyes on a boy who became his husband and still is. Even after years being married to the same person, the passion is still present. I don't think Yongguk could do something like that. They just need to talk. It's part of his job to go on business trip and have a lot of people calling. Never in life this man would cheat. You just have to see them together, you would think the same. I would like to have a love story like this.

YJ -You need to talk to him about this.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After this annoying day at work, the first thing I want to do is sleeping until tomorrow. Don't take it wrong, I love my job but there will be a big event soon so it's really noisy and tiring. As main responsible of it, with Himchan. Plus the wedding planning I have to take care of without the help of my future husband. He wanted me to make my dreaming wedding. At least I have a planner and my best friend helping me, I don't think I could have handle all the stress otherwise. It's like having two full jobs. But in the end I have a probable promotion and a husband so it's worth it.

I have to get ready before JB comes to take me, so no nap. I have time, he is always late and I always come home first. And I need this time to be perfect. I'm not narcissistic but when I wear my clothes I chose carefully with a little bit of make-up I'm irresistible.

Once finally ready, I decide to wait outside since my fiancé is supposed to be off work now. It's a bit cold but it could be worse. I don't have to wait a long time until I see his red sports car.

I peck his lips and he starts the vehicle as silent as usual. Yes, unlike me, my man is not a talker.

The route is short thanks to the music I put, we arrive near a luxury restaurant. I know he has something to tell me otherwise, we wouldn't be there but at home. Each time he has something to tell me, we come to a restaurant. His proposal was in a restaurant, the good news about his work too, like promotions. Everything. My lover is not that romantic, but at least, he tried to take me out when he wants to give me news.

A valet took the car, we headed to the restaurant and JB gives his name to the receptionist. Inside the restaurant, everything is in a gold color. The tables, the walls. It looks so expensive. I didn't dare to touch anything.

Our table is near a big window where you can see the sky. The view is amazing. I try not to think about the price of this seats.

YJ -Isn't it too much? I asked him carefully.

JB -Nothing is too much for you He knows how to make me smile and maybe blush a bit. I love when he treats me like I'm the most important thing in his life.

We ordered the food and we talk a bit about us, our wedding and...work. The main subject of our life.

JB -I have something to tell you I knew there was something. Told you. 

YJ -Hm yeah what is it ? I ask not really worry.

JB - My boss wants to give me a promotion if I accept to work in New York, He wants me to run the law firm and I want you to come with me. I choke with my food and feel his eyes on me. He wants my answer. I expected everything except that .

YJ -Why do you want me to come ? Why did I ask that, we were about to get married, of course he wanted me with him.

JB -To become my husband. Of course.

YJ -I'm happy for you but I want to stay here. Our life is in Seoul. We have everything, you have your job I got min...

JB -You're job is not a problem he cuts me You don't need to work I can take care of you. Here we go again he treats me like I'm a girl. Yes I'm gay and a proud bottom, but I'm not a girl.

YJ -I'm not you're housewife Jaebum, I'm a healthy man who can take care of himself. I'm angry now but I don't want to have all the attention on me so I try to calm down. His intention was good after all.

JB -It's not what I mean I know you're independent.

YJ -So end of this discussion. I said firmly.

JB -I'm sorry He said sadly.

YJ -I'm sorry too.

A ring interrupt us.

JB -My boss is calling I have to take it. That's how we always end our conversation, with his boss calling him. For once I was glad of it.