Chapter 7

Heartache Paradox

       That night, I sat in bed staring at the ceiling not able to sleep. Lizzy was fast asleep on the couch watching some Korean drama. I got a jacket and walked out the house.

    

       I walked to the park and sat on a bench. Jiyong told me he didn't like CL but ed her in his office? Am I upset? Or just jealous? Nah maybe I'm just in a pissy mood. Yeah that's it.

      I got up and began to walk back when a group of guys began to walk up to me. I tried to walk past them but one of the guys grabbed my wrist and pulled on it roughly.

"You're coming with us sweetheart" One of them said smirking making the one holding my wrist laughed.

      They tried to drag me down the street but I began to kick and scream. However, when the guy slapped me I realized it was no use. I finally gave up when I saw someone in the distance.

"You know. It's not nice to pick on girls" the figure said. Wait is that...

Top stepped out the shadow and smirked "I'll give you a chance to run before I get angry"

The guy tightened his hold on my wrist causing me to yelp in pain. "Who do you think you are?".

Top chuckled and ran to the guy in a blink of an eye. "I'm your worst nightmare". Top grabbed one guys collor and flipped him over hard onto his back.  One guy ran up to Top and tried to punch him, but Top put his arm behind his back then tripped him making him fall onto his face. The one holding my wrist quickly let me go and ran away.

     I looked at Top and hugged his waist (since he's taller than me). He stood still looking forward. "You lied to me" he said flatly

I looked up at him "What?"

"You lied to me!"

I got off him still looking up at him"About what?"

"You said you could handle yourself" he looked down at me "But you can't"

"I would have eventually gotten out of it Top"

"But you didn't __!" he yelled making me flinch "You could have been killed or or something! I don't want you to end up like Kim Dai!.... I won't lose you like I lost her..." he let tears run down his cheeks. I felt really bad to make him cry.

"I'm so sorry" I said softly "I didn't mean to put myself in this predicament"

"It's not your fault. From now on I'll protect you whenever you need it ok?" he smiled.

"Ok" I smiled back

 

      At the mansion, I was sitting at the dining room table sipping the tea Daesung made for me. I felt a bit uncomfortable with everyone's eyes on me, so I sighed and ruffled my hair.  

"Ok guys if you have something to say please speak now". All at once, the guys started to tell me how stupid I was for walking around that late and how scared they were and how I need to watch out.

     I sighed and stood up "I think I should go home"

"No! we're just worried about you" Taeyang said walking to me.

"Yeah but it's late so..." I walked to the opened  dining room door but it suddenly closed. I turned around and saw Seungri with his arm out and his eyes blue.

"You have Telekinesis huh?"

He smirked "Yup"

"Just great" I said sarcastically pouting

Jiyong laughed "You look so cute pouting"

I looked at him and rolled my eyes "Don't talk to me. I'm mad at you"

Daesung smiled "Guys we should let them talk" he said winking at them. They all nodded and winked. I rolled my eyes "You better not be listening through the door or I'll kill you guys".

Taeyang ran out with the guys shouting "You can't kill what's already dead".

     When the door closed, I sat down and crossed his arms. He looked at me and sat down "Why are you mad at me? What Did I do?"

"You told me you don't like CL"

"I don't"

"But you ed her in your office. If you didn't like her then why screw her?"

"I have urges sometimes ok? I'm a man. I need to relieve stress some how"

"You didn't have to sleep with her though!"

"Who do you think you are?"

"I think I'm a person who remembers you saying you were forced into the relationship!"

"Who cares what you think!"

"You should because i'm trying to protect you!"

" you! It isn't like I'm dating you anyway!"

"I know we're not dating you ! Now when you get your heart broken don't come crying to me!"

"I won't because you're just jealous!"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah!"

"Of what?"

"Of the fact that CL is in the way of you dating me!"

"Oh get over yourself!"

"You're upset because in reality I will never love you! So move on with your life!".

I got up slowly and walked to the door silently. He ran to me and grabbed my hand "I'm sorry I-I didn't mean it". I snatched my hand away "You already said how you truly felt". I opened the door and saw all the guys standing there shocked. I bowed to them "I'll be leaving. See you at work guys". I walked out the front door quickly not wanting anyone to say anything. You know what? Screw him! Since he'll never love me that's fine! Our relationship will be strickly professional.

 

         I walked into the office and sat at my desk. Just when I sat down Jiyong walked into the office. "Hey __. You still mad at me?". I fixed the papers on my desk avoiding his eyes "Good morning Mr.Kwon."

"Huh?"

"You have a meeting at 2 and lunch at 12" I stated flatly.

Jiyong twitched corners of his mouth "Are you really gonna be petty about this?"

"About what Mr.Kwon?" I asked still not looking at him

He smacked the papers down making me look at him. "Please don't act like this. You know I'm sorry"

"You have work to do Mr.Kwon"

"Fine see you later" he sighed walking into his office.

  

      I know I'm being petty but he said he won't love me so why try? It's not like I like him or something. He walked out his office and left without saying a word. Thats strange but screw him! A few minutes the boys walked over smiling. "What's with Jiyong?" Taeyang asked sitting on my desk "He seems upset"

"He's upset I refuse to have anything besides a professional relationship with him" I shrugged straightening the papers but they were already straight.

"Put the papers down" Seungri sighed taking them out my hand.

"__ You know he didn't mean to say he'll never love you" Daesung said

"Yes he did... He meant it just as he said it" I snapped looking at them for the first time

"Your don't really think that" Top sighed looking at me with his blue eyes. Does the guy not know privacy or what? "I heard that he pouted". Aw damn it!

"He really wants you to forgive him" Seungri said

"Yeah he did no work because you are mad at him" Taeyang said standing up

"How do you know?" I asked crossing my arms.

"It's all he thought about all day" Top said crossing my arms

"Well he's not trying to make up for it so he must not care that much" I shrugged. The boys sighed and walked away. I want nothing more than to forgive him but he put in no effort so he must not care.

 

       Where the hell is Jiyong? He's gonna miss his meeting if he doesn't hurry. I began to tap my foot impatiently looking at my watch. Just as I was about to cancel the meeting, Jiyong walking in holding black roses, a necklace, and perfume in a heart shaped bottle. I looked up at him as he pushed all the things at me. "W-what's all this?" I asked not taking my eyes off him. He blushed and looked away avoiding my eyes.

"I-i'm sorry for what I said. I know I'm an but I don't wanna be one to you. I'm sorry. I hope you accept my gift" he said bowing to me. I smiled and hugged him "Of course I forgive you".

     He hugged back "Nothing will ever break us apart". Does he really think that? He's a vampire and I'm a human. He's still dating CL. Would he leave her for me?

"Nothing" I repeated holding him closer breathing in his scent