Chapter 4

Heartache Paradox

        Since I got home yesterday, I've been curious about the restaurant and the blood sniffing.  Lizzy has been helping me but I knew only I can find out the truth.

 

         At work, the president had me swamped in paperwork. While everyone else is making posters, I have to sign stupid papers. I sighed and continued to sign my name on the line. It has to be, at least, 500 pages. I groaned and looked at everyone socializing and laughing. This was a great place to work if you didn't have any work to do. It seemed like I was the only one who actually had work to do.

         I watched as the president took some blonde girl into his office and close the door. I smirked knowing what was going on. I heard he did it everyday actually. He brings stupid girls into his office and offers them a acting job then,as a "initiation", he has with them. Afterwards, he tells them he'll call them about the job but he doesn't.  I actually think it's pretty smart. erted but smart.

         At lunch time, Lizzy and the other workers walked out going to lunch. I stayed back and researched some things.

      I typed the restaurants name in and found it was centuries old. Usually people told their secrets to their loved ones back in the 19th century but was stopped when people were killed for being spies.  

"What you doing?". I looked up and saw Daesung with his hair parted wearing all black smiled.

"Dae!" I hugged him then sat back down "I'm researching some stuff"

"Researching me? Aw how cute but you could have asked me instead" Taeyang said walking over smirking. I threw a pen at him but he caught it "I need that back"

"Only if you kiss me"

Daesung kissed his cheek then took the pen and gave it back to me. Taeyang pouted "Gross!".

"What are you guys doing here?"

"We own this place remember?" Dae said

"I ment why weren't you guys at your office?"

"We got bored and knew you would be here" Tae said

"Where's the others?"

"Top is at the warehouses,Seungri is in his office with a "client", Jiyong is looking for you, and we're here" Tae explained

"Why didn't you tell him how to get to me?"

"We told him the wrong floor to throw him off" Tae laughed with Dae

" Eongdeong-i gumeong (s)" I said rolling my eyes

"Whoa! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Dae said laughing

"You cant say that to your boss... If Top was here he would have-"

"Top would have what?" he asked standing behind Tae

"Top would have said thank you for all your hard work __" Tae smiled

"Yeah she's working during lunch" Dae smiled too

"So? It's her job to work" Top shrugged then walked past them. "Aw yeah Jiyong said he's gonna kill you both" with that he was gone. They both looked at each other and kissed my cheek then ran out.

    I laughed and looked up blood sniffing.

"In history, the only two species who can smell blood from the inside is wolves and-"

"What are you doing?"

I jumped and turned around to see Jiyong standing there looking at me a bit upset. "I'm looking up... Something"

"You should be working"

"But its lunch"

"And you're at work...Now do your job!"

I stood up "You know what? I'm going to the bathroom"

"Work now or I'll fire you!"

I sat down and turned around in my chair and signed the papers grumbling and mumbling.

     He stood over me the whole time. The more he stood there, the more upset I became. Like we were just just cool. All of a sudden he's being an to me? He can off.

     I finished my work and stood up "I'm finished" I got the stack of papers and walked to the manager's office still pissed off. I knocked and waited for the ok.

       When I walked in, they were adjusting theirs clothes and fixing their hair.

"Was I interrupting anything?" I asked faking my confusion

"We were just talking about business interactions" He said clearing his throat.

"Anyway I signed all the papers"  I said putting it on the desk. I accidentally stepped on something and looked down. It was a clear soggy balloon. I bit my lip trying to ignore the .

"You can go do whatever then" he smiled. I bowed and turned around to leave "I would clean the ground Mr.President you have something on the ground". The girl ran to pick up the and threw it out

"Maybe you can join us for our meeting next time Ms.__" he smirked

"Maybe next time sir" I laughed and walked out.

 

      Jiyong kept following me around. I ran all around the building until I finally lost him. I went up the stairs to the 10th floor and went to Seungri's office. I knocked and waited. He opened his office door and smiled "well hello there"

"Can I hide here?"

"From?" he asked stepping aside

"Jiyong" I sighed "He keeps following me around". I walked in and sat on his desk crossing my legs.

     He closed the door and turned to me "Why is that?" . i rolled my eyes and picked up a pen playing with it "I was researching stuff at lunch and he just started to boss me around and watch over me".

He sat by me "Maybe he got scared".

"Of what?"

"What you were researching. Some Things should be left alone __"

"I get that but he didn't have to be rude about it"

"I suppose". Someone knocked on the door and turned the knob. Seungri panicked,stood in front of me, and kissed me. The person walked in. "If thats how you feel Seungri then you!" she slammed the door. He pulled away and I pushed him

"What the hell was that?!" .

"Sorry she was stalking me so I had to get rid of her"

"Why didn't you just tell her off!"

"I did! But she started to talk about marriage... Sometimes actions are louder than words"

"Ok fine but kiss me again and I'll slap you silly got it?"

"I can fire you"

"I can pled ual harassment".

He smirked "Clever girl".

I laughed and hopped off the desk "Later e".

"Oh get out".  I walked out to be met by Jiyong standing right by the door. He grabbed me and pulled me down the hall. He pinned me to the wall "Did he touch you?"

"No"

"Don't lie I saw it"

"If you knew then why ask?"

"I wanted to hear you say it"

"Why do you care? You have a girlfriend so dont worry about me"

"I'm just looking out for you"

"By keeping secrets from me than being rude to me?"

"You know I can't tell you"

"Than why still bother me about it?"

"I-I can't tell you here"

"Then where?"

He bit his bottom lip and whispered "Meet me in the park tonight at midnight". Before I could ask another question, he kissed me. I kissed him back wrapping my arms around his neck. When he pulled away he kissed my forehead and walked away "SEE YOU TONIGHT!".

     Did I just kiss a guy with a girlfriend? And like it? This isn't gonna end well,but who doesn't like a challenge?

 

       At the park, I sat on a bench a bit scared. It was pitch black out, I was completely alone, and I was tired. I started to hear rattling from the bushes. I got up and stepped further from it. I saw a figure run out of it so I turned around to run.  Right into Jiyong. I looked up at him but her was looking straight.

"I have to show you something"

"What is it?".

He looked into my eyes and showed his grey eyes. "They turn grey when I'm scared".

"What?"

He touched me face softly making his eyes turn golden brown like the day we met "These are my eyes when I see you"

"What are you saying?" .

     He opened his mouth. I watched as his fangs came out "I'm a vampire"