Chapter 2

Heartache Paradox

I was in the car with Lizzy going to work. I was nervous; I hope I make a good first impression. I looked at Lizzy, who was dancing to some song on the radio. I tapped my fingers on my phone. I haven't talked Jiyong since that day and I kind of needed him right now. Lizzy poked me with her elbow

"You ok?".

I nodded and sighed feeling tense "I'm just a bit nervous".

"Dont be you'll do fine".

"I hope so". I looked out the mirror and sighed tapping my foot.

         At work, I walked in patting my black pencil skirt down. I fixed my black blazer and buttoned the top of my plain white dress shirt. The lobby was so quiet, all you could hear was the clicking of my heels on the ground. I walked up to the girl at the front desk, who was on the phone, and smiled waiting for her to hang up. She looked up at me and put her index finger up. She got off the phone and smiled at me. She had to be at least 34 maybe a bit older. "May I help you?" She said in a sweet voice, which was fake. "Yes my name is __. I'm new here" I said nervously. "Oh yeah! We've been expecting you! Head to the 9th floor and go to the head supervisor's office he requested to see you as soon as you came to work". I thanked her and walked to elevator a bit scared. Why would he want to see me? Was I in trouble already?My thoughts were interrupted by the elevator ringing.

        I walked down the hall of the 9th floor walking slower than before. The closer I got to the office, the slower I walked. When I reached the door I knocked trying to calm down a bit. "Come in!" I heard from a deep voice. I opened the door to find a young looking man with his hair parted to the side and a black suit on. his skin was flawless; he, over all, looked perfect.

"You must be ms.__" he said with a slightly cocky smirk. I bowed and walked to his desk

"Yes I am. I am very glad to work here" .

"I'm glad for you... Here at Royal tech we strive for hard work and excellence".

"Mr...?"

"Call me Mr.President". He got up and walked around his desk leaning on it."Your first assignment is to come up with two ways to get more customers and make a PowerPoint on it by lunch".

My eyes widened "By lunch?!"

"Yes is there a problem?".

I shook my head "No problem sir"

"Glad to hear that now begin on your work". I bowed one last time and walk out.

         As I walked out, his secretary was waiting. "I'll show you to your cubicle". She walked me then left quickly. I pulled out my laptop and began to type thinking of ideas.

 

        Before lunch, the meeting was called to look at my powerpoint. Everyone walked in a bit excited to hear me mess up, but I don't plan to mess up at all. When everyone was seated quietly, I started the PowerPoint explaining my plan. Everyone seemed impressed. "My last plan is to get someone who is beautiful and admirable to do the commercial" I said then turned around to see Jiyong. I froze as he raised his hand "So you think we should get a visual for the group?". "Yes". "Thank you for answering my question ___". "Anytime Jiyong I mean Oppa I mean sir." I said a bit flustered making everyone laugh. I blushed and finished my PowerPoint. When everyone left, I started to clean up. I turned around to leave, but Jiyong was standing by the door smirking. I paused blushing again.

"Why are you here?" I asked him

"What do you mean? I own the company"

"What?!" I exclaimed shocked "You own this place?"

"Yup I'm a part owner" He said Proudly

"That's amazing...Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

He shrugged "It wasn't important at the time".

I sighed "So when were you gonna tell me?"

"I knew you would be here so never" I rolled my eyes

“Business man by day party animal by night” I joked.

He gave me a serious look “You can't talk to me like that you know” he began to walk away “You could possibly be fired you know”. I gulped and got quiet, playing with my hair following him. We walked to the elevator and pressed the down button. He seemed to be indifferent about everything,where I am still highly confused.

         When the elevator came, we both stepped on silently. As the doors closed, I stood in front of him. I asked where we were going because I was left out of that information.”You’ll see” was all he said before we walked out the elevator and to his car.

       We pulled up to what seemed like a restaurant. Since I was new to Korea, I couldn’t read Korean very well. I walked into the restaurant with him looking around. The wall was painted black with some red art. All the tables had vases with red roses on and white table clothes. The place,though nice,was creepy. As soon as we walked in, everyone turned and looked at me. I got uncomfortable and held his arm.

“Why are they staring at me?” I whispered.

He smiled down at me “Because you're beautiful”.I blushed and walked to the check in counter.

“2 tables” he demanded.

The lady gave me a look and turned away “Right this way”. She took us to a table in the middle of the restaurant,still she gave me dirty looks. I sat down trying to ignore their eyes.

“This is a nice place” I smiled

“Yeah, only special people are allowed in” He smiled back putting up his menu. I tried to read my menu,but it was in some unknown language that wasn't Korean. He must have noticed my confusion because he took my menu and sat it by himself "I'll order for you".

     I smiled and thanked him, touching his hand softly. He showed me his pearly whites and stood up. "I'll be back". When he left, the waitress came over rolling her eyes.

"Sorry he'll be right back" I smiled trying to stay professional.

"You don't belong here" She said flipping her blood red hair.

"Excuse me?"

"You don't belong here with him" She spat a bit louder.

"Maybe you should go your kind isn't welcome here!"

"What do you mean 'your kind'?" I asked upset. Before she answered, Jiyong walked over.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"There has been complaints from other customers about your guest here... Sir she is not to be served here" Jiyong looked like her was about to blow a fuse. I grabbed his arm and walked out "It's ok we'll just go to McDonald's"

     

       In McDonald's, Jiyong grabbed my hand and sighed

"I'm so sorry that happened"

"It's fine we don't need some fancy place to eat we can eat here and have fun" I reassured him smiling.

"No this is unacceptable! I demand you eat dinner at my house"

"I'm not sure thats a good-"he cut me off.

"I won't take no for an answer" He smirked crossing his arms.

I rolled my eyes and nodded "Fine I'll go".

He put out his pinkie "Promise?".

I took his pinky in mine "Promise".

     

         At work, the president called me into his office. I knocked than walked in. "Yes?" I said innocently walking in

"Come in... You did an amazing job today you know"

"Thank you sir" I said smiling.

He got up and walked to me "You will have a bright future here Ms.__" He said putting my hair behind my ear.

I blushed and bowed "I won't let you down sir"

"Thats all" I walked out fast blushing. He could have told me that from my cubicle! That was a waist of walking! When I'm old and wrinkly I'll say 'I should have saved my energy!'.

        At my cubicle, I sat down and sighed."What happened?". I jumped and saw Lizzy.

"You scared me!" She laughed

"Sorry. So what happened?"

"He told me good job and her...tucked my hair behind my ear

"Really? Strange. He's germaphobe"

"Really?". She nodded

"Oh! Jiyong invited me to dinner at his house, so I'll be out"

"The owner of the company?"

"Part owner apparently" I laughed

"Have fun" she smiled and sat down. I kind of cant wait until the dinner.

-------------------

Hey guys! Sorry my phone was broken and i just got a new one so I'll be posting a lot more!