Chapter 5

Beautiful Illusion
Please log in to read the full chapter
[Day 2]

Seohyun strolled through the empty hallway full of paintings, trying to remember the details of the paintings, the artifacts, and the surrounding hallway. So, once she gets back to her usual life and will be doing her usual routines, she will be renovating the Mansion and will bring it back to its original glory.

Like there's a chance for me to go back, She thought bitterly.

She walked out of the hallway and down the stairs, still imagining about ways to renovate La Mémoire Manor. She bumped into a relatively short dark-haired male she had never seen before. The male dropped the large bowl he was holding, and spilled its contents.

“Oh dear, I'm so sorry!” Seohyun apologized as she crouched down and picked up the fallen contents of the bowl and took a good look at it. Potatoes, she thought.

“I-it's o-oka-y...” The male replied nervously while picking up the potatoes, his hands shaking nervously as he kept on dropping a few of the potatoes to the floor.

“RYEOWOOK!” a voice yelled at the shaking male in front of her. Then, Sungmin appeared and walked towards the fear-stricken male in front of Seohyun with a scowl on his face. “Where have you been?! It's almost time for the Master's lunch! Come with me this instant!” Sungmin dragged Ryeowook by the ear towards the kitchen, a hint of fear visible in the latter’s eyes. Seohyun picked up the remaining potatoes on the floor and put them back inside the large bowl. Seohyun hurriedly followed Sungmin and the other male he had called 'Ryeowook'.

Why does the name Ryeowook seem so familliar? Seohyun pondered.

“Excuse me, you left the potatoes!” Seohyun shouted while chasing the two males towards the kitchen door.

“Hm?” Sungmin turned his back to see Seohyun holding up the large bowl filled with potatoes, his hands still gripping Ryeowook’s ear. “Oh, right.” He let go of Ryeowook’s ear and ordered the poor boy to go and get the potatoes. “Hurry up and get those potatoes! We only have 30 minutes left until the Master’s lunch time!”

“th-tha-thank y-you m-m-miss.” he stuttered, taking the large bowl full of potatoes from Seohyun with shaking hands. Seohyun smiled at the latter and looked at him worriedly, seeing his now sporting red ear. Ryeowook bowed down at her before turning around and walked towards Sungmin who was still scowling at the shorter male. He dragged the shorter male by the arm and walked inside the kitchen. Seohyun, who was still curious, decided to follow them into the kitchen.

Upon entering the kitchen, she noticed that Ryeowook was running around the kitchen with cooking utensils and ingredients in his hands, busy preparing the master's lunch. Sungmin stood by with an annoyed expression on his face while scolding the poor boy. “Hurry up! It's about time for the Master's lunch!” “Today's main course for the Master's lunch will be steak!” “Stop being so slow, we have 30 minutes left!”

Seohyun felt that there was something a bit strange with the latter's words. Why does everyone in this household keep on saying 'Master this' and 'Master that'? Why have I never heard them calling him 'Sir Kyuhyun', at least?

Taking pity in the stressed-out male, Seohyun stepped forward towards Ryeowook and offered him a hand. She failed to notice the glare Sungmin sent her from behind as they busied themselves by preparing the ingredients. Ryeowook passed her some of the cooking ingredients for the dish and both of them started to cook, each doing their own part.

Seohyun took charge of cooking the marinated beef, while Ryeowook focused on the side dishes like baked potatoes with peas and carrot slices. Sungmin stood behind them, observin

Please log in to read the full chapter