Chapter 4

Beautiful Illusion
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seohyun stared at her reflection in the mirror, her eyes checking whether she looked presentable enough for the dinner. She looked down to see the beautiful Victorian-styled dress she was wearing.

Why does this remind me of a fairytale? Seohyun thought as she eyed the dress.

A knock on the door was heard which stopped Seohyun from looking at her reflection in the mirror. She hurriedly walked towards the door and opened it, only to reveal Zhoumi who immediately bowed at Seohyun.

“Miss Seohyun, please follow me. The master is waiting for your arrival.” Zhoumi said as he smiled at Seohyun.

“Alright then.” Seohyun replied as she returned the latter’s smile.

Walking out the door and closing it behind her, Seohyun trailed behind Zhoumi a little as he led Seohyun through the vaguely familiar hallway. The two walked in silence until Seohyun decided to ask Zhoumi a question that had been lingering in her mind for a while now.

“Um, Zhoumi?” Seohyun asked in a small voice.

The said male looked at her and flashed Seohyun a shy smile, “Yes?”

“I have something I wanted to ask. I mean, it’s been bothering me for a while now.” She said, feeling a bit unsure.

“Do ask, miss.” Zhoumi replied while walking.

“What is your Master’s name?” The question managed to stop Zhoumi on his tracks. He turned around to face Seohyun and she could see that the question made him a bit insecure.

“I’m sorry, miss. I can’t answer your question.” Zhoumi avoided her gaze.

“Why can’t you? I asked the same thing to Qian and she said that she can’t answer me too.”

“I just- we just… can’t.” He answered, looking away and started walking again.

They arrived at the dining hall a few moments later. There was a long mahogany dining table filled with luxurious food that made Seohyun stare at it wide-eyed. At the other side of the table, there sat the master who had been staring at her, observing her every move.

Zhoumi pulled out a chair for Seohyun to sit. She muttered a small ‘thanks’ before proceeding to sit, her eyes still glued at the sight of the delicious food laid out in front. Seohyun was so caught up with the food that she tripped her feet a little when she tried to sit down at the throne-like chair.

The master stifled a laughter which he tried to cover by faking a cough. Zhoumi cracked a smile as Seohyun openly glared at the master. She soon regained her composure and coolly sat down, not taking her eyes of the now smirking master sitting right in front of her.

Zhoumi then excused himself and soon left the large dining hall, leaving the both of them alone. The master cleared his throat, the smirk no longer evident on his face as he looked at Seohyun.

“Please, have a taste.” He said while motioning towards the ex

Please log in to read the full chapter