Chapter 3

Beautiful Illusion
Please log in to read the full chapter

[Day 1]

The first few steps Seohyun took when she walked through the entrance hall made her literally swoon at the sight of the grand Manor. It was, in a good way, so different from the Manor she had seen previously. The marble floor sparkling under the sunlight and there wasn’t even a speck of dust on it.

“Wow,” She breathed, looked up to the ceiling and saw the beautiful chandelier sparkled overhead, like stars in a night sky, leaving her in a trance as her footsteps halted to a stop.

It must’ve taken a lot of effort to maintain the Manor this well, Seohyun noted.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” Sungmin spoke softly, a small smile grazing his lips.

“It is beautiful.” She agreed, still not taking her eyes off the ceiling. “It looks a whole lot better that it did when I-“ Seohyun trailed off as she realized what she just said. She slowly turned to glance at Sungmin who threw her a weird expression.

“Miss Seo, You’ve… Have you been here before?” Sungmin asked her slowly, confused. He stopped in his tracks and stared at Seohyun for a moment, waiting for her answer.

“Um, No.” Seohyun replied quickly, “I was just confusing it with a different Manor that I used to live in.”

Sungmin tried to ask her again, but he was cut off by a voice behind him.

“So, who do we have here?” The man behind Sungmin asked.

He was the man that tricked me all the way here, Seohyun thought. But he looked kinda different.

“I’m Seohyun and I-“

“No, I didn’t ask you, Seohyun.” He replied in a cold tone, while focusing his gaze on Sungmin.

“Master, She’s Seo Joohyun –or Seohyun- and she just fell from the sky. I don’t really know the details.” Sungmin explained while occasionally glancing at Seohyun who’s busy glaring daggers at the ‘Master’.

The man raised his eyebrow, “She must not be an angel, eh?”

What the actual fck, Seohyun stared at the so-called-Master.

“What do you-” she wanted to ask, but was cut off by the ‘Master’, again.

“Anyway, let’s just get straight to the point. Who are you and how did you fall from the sky?” The ‘Master’ demanded.

“Asks the person who caused it.” She muttered under her breath.

“What was that?” He asked suddenly, causing Seohyun to jump a litte.

“Even if I told you, you wouldn’t believe me.” She sighed.

“Mi casa, tu casa.” He replied nonchalantly while walking away, leaving Sungmin and Seohyun alone.

“What's ‘Mu caza ti caza’?!” Seohyun half-whispered, “My home is your home. And by the way, it's 'Mi casa, tu casa.'. You should learn how to speak Spanish.” Sungmin replied while

Please log in to read the full chapter