Beating

Consumption

You heart felt like it was about to leap out of your body as you clutched the bag tighter in your left hand and HanBin's hand tighter in your right. He squeezed your hand back in reassurance but that didn't make your nervousness any less. Your throat felt tight and you could feel cold sweat break out on the back of your neck. You shivered and took a deep breath. YG was getting bigger and bigger in your slightly blurred vision and soon he was right in front of you. 

"So," he said coolly making your vision and mind snap back into focus, "this is the _________ we've been hearing so much about. It's nice to finally have a face to the name." He smiled a little bit.

You bowed a full 90 degrees. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you," you said a lot more confidently than you actually were. "Thank you so much for allowing me to attend the concert. It was a wonderful experience." You straightened and offered him the bag with two hands. "Please accept this gift. It is not very much, I'm sorry, but I hope it's to your liking."

YG laughed and took the bag from you. "You didn't have to bring anything. I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. I hope to see you again. Now if you'll excuse me." He turned away and made a beeline for G-Dragon who had just entered the room. 

You breathed a sigh of relief, yet you didn't feel particularly good about the meeting. Hanbin rubbed your back in reassurance. You smiled at him weakly. 

"You did fine," he said reading you mind. "He's like that." 

 

-

 

Soon it was time for you to leave. You bid goodbye to iKon and waved as Hanbin walked you to the door. He embraced you tighly as your heart raced. He never failed to make you feel like you were falling for him all over again. He pulled away only to lock lips with you. "Thank you so much for coming," he murmured into you lips. "It means a lot to me." He kissed your cheek and smiled down at you. 

You smiled back and snuggled your face into his chest. "Thank you for getting me in," you chuckled. "It was fun to see you do what you do. I enjoyed every second."

"Even meeting YG sajangnim??" he asked incredulously in a teasing tone.

"Even meeting YG sajangnim," you said firmly raising your face to look up into his beaming face. "When will you be back?" you whispered.

His smiled faded and was replaced by a face of concentration. "There's 2 more shows, so next week," he said vaguely. 

You nodded as you pressed your ear to his chest. His heart was beating strong and steadily. You loved the sound of his heartbeat. It was so comforting and reminded you of the many times you had drifted off to sleep to that sound. "You know where to find me when you get back," you murmured. 

Hanbin chuckled and took your face between his hands. He angled your face to look at his and he pressed his lips firmly to yours. "I'll come running to you," he assured you and then the night time air took you out the door, a trace of heat from his lips still lingered on yours.