Chapter 3

The Unexpected

After lessons ended Amber and I were walking together down the halls.

“Urgh I can’t believe that I have to go to detention with the devil and to make my life a living hell, I have to work with it for 2 weeks. God please just kill me now.” Amber complained.

“I know this sounds evil but I’m looking foreward to seeing you work with her, like how your project will turn out to be” I was now laughing hard.

“Wow, you’re just as bad as her.” Amber uttered laughing herself.

“Seriously though good luck, I don’t know how you’re going to survive this.” I replied, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“You too, and don’t have too much fun tonight okay.” Amber smirked before walking into the detention hall.

This girl.

I walked towards the school library where Kai said he’ll meet me before the end of Chemistry. For some weird reason I felt nervous again, not because of him but because of how blank he was and how he was so confusing to understand. Normally I am able to ignore people’s behaviour but there’s something about his that was irritating me. He seemed cocky yet not at the same time, which is why I didn’t know if I should be nice to him or not.

I was now sitting behind one of the tables waiting for him to show up. While I sat there I took out my notepad and textbooks, trying to pre plan what we will do for the project. I remembered my conversation with Sammy last night and how she was telling me that she’s finally managed to settle down in school without me. She even has a boyfriend now. When will I have a boyfriend? I sighed. I knew it was stupid but I’ve always wanted one, although no guys in my school ever liked me. Unlike Sam who had boys on their knees for her. Stop being an idiot, you’re still young and you’ll find yourself. I tried to reassure myself.

 

An hour passed and there was no sign of him. Where is he? It’s gonna get dark soon and I still don’t have a mobile phone to call my mum. I wondered as I went to grab a book to read. It was pretty hard to find an English book but luckily I managed to find something I can understand. I sat back down on my desk and just began reading my book.

 

Another hour passed and he was yet to show up. The sun has long gone down now and I knew for sure that my mother would be really pissed off by now. Yet I gave him the benefit of the doubt and still waited for him.

 

“Sorry ma’am but the library is closing now.” One of the librarians said while pointing at the clock. My eyes widened when I realised that it was 9:00. I apologized to the librarian before gathering my bag and exiting the library.

Why did he stood me up like this? I’m literally going to kill him when I see him tomorrow. I thought while I walked down the streets. My mind was filled with anger, frustration and irritation. Who does this stupid boy think he is? You can’t just plan something with someone and then not even attend it. You may have the Kai effect on most girls but don’t think that stupid strategy works on me!

 

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn’t notice that I was walking the wrong direction. I looked up to see that I was walking in a dark and narrow alleyway. It seemed like I was in a ghetto area.

“Hey look at this beauty.” A guy wearing a wife beater and fully covered in tattoos was pointing at me. He then slowly walked towards me. “I’ve never seen a black girl before, only heard of them.” He was now standing behind me whispering into my ear. I grabbed onto my backpack straps hard as my heart rate increased. “Look at that fine A** you’ve got.” He grabbed onto my back side. “My God that feels good.” He was now laughing as he put his arms around me.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!” I yelled as I struggled to loosen his grip.

“Ah you speak Hangul? Wow, you’re more perfect than I thought you were.” He laughed again, as I tried my hardest to fight him off, my efforts was no use though as he was ten times stronger than me. “I really like school girls, they’re the best.” He grabbed onto my arm and forced me to turn to face him. “You’re so beautiful. Ah look at them s.” He grabbed both of my wrists with just one hand and I knew where he was heading towards.

Before he could even do anything I kicked him where it hurts the most for a man and began running. Unfortunately I didn’t reach a far distance as the man grabbed onto my leg, making me fall. I was screaming from the tip of my lungs as he crawled on top of me holding my wrists with both his hands.

“Oh how I love it when they try to resist, it makes the whole experience worthwhile.” He his lips, making me feel disgusted to the pit of my stomach. I closed my eyes, unable to bare what was going on. He kissed the side of my cheeks. “Soft, your skin is so soft. I wonder how those lips taste.” His eyes was filled with evil as he tried to lean in closer. His body completely crushing mine, I could even feel his .. pressing down onto me.

Suddenly I felt a heavy weight being lifted off me. I looked up to see that the man was no longer on top of me and had a bruise on his face. My head felt a bit dizzy from the fall and I closed my eyes, still confused about what was going on.

I opened my eyes up from the shouts of the man. 

I looked around and then noticed that a familiar looking man was beating the man up into his stomach.

“K-Kai? I-Is that you?” I asked as my vision became clearer.

“Don’t talk.” He said fiercely.

He beat the man up, bruising his face and making him bleed. Eventually, the man lost consciousness.

Kai walked over to me, grabbed onto my wrists and dragged me up. He was now leading me back to school. Walking in pure silence. His grip tightened around my wrists, making me squint a little as it hurt.

“W-why di-didn’t you c-come to the library?” I asked with a weak voice while he continued walking, dragging me behind him.

He didn’t respond.

“H-hey” I said softly.

Still no response,

“I’M TALKING TO YOU!” I screamed, trying to loosen his grip although it had no effect as his hold on me was still firm. “Wow, are you seriously trying to ignore me? My god you’re so cocky!” I yelled, as I rolled my eyes. “Can you at least let go of me?”

He still had the audacity to ignore me.

“I SAID LET GO OF ME!”I wailed, finally making him stop and turned to look at me.

“Wow, seems like you have a big mouth, those stereotypes about your kind really wasn’t false.” He spoke with a smirk on his face.

“Your kind? You’re speaking like as if I’m a different sort of species, besides you’re not even much lighter than me, I don’t know why you’re even talking.” Gosh, this boy was getting on my last nerves.

“Is this how you thank people who save you?” He leaned close to me, his face inches away from mine. “You know a little thank you would be nice.” He smirked again and I all I could think about was punching his face to get rid of it.

“Well I wouldn’t have been in this mess in the first place if you did show up, besides I was totally handling that situation fine without you. I mean, I grew up in London, you’re taught how to defend yourself at the age of 1 and I was just acting before I beat him up.” I lied, clearly I was nowhere near in control of that situation but I couldn’t let this jerk win the argument.

“Wow, you know how ridiculous you sound right now? Stop being so childish and just admit the fact that without me, you would have been in danger tonight.”

“Without you I wouldn’t have been in danger in the first place!”

“What have I got to do with anything?”

“Because, , I was angry at you when I got lost, I was completely annoyed by how you thought you was special enough to not show up. Who do you think you are?”

“Wow, this is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.” He chuckled and then walked away leaving me alone 1 block away from the school building. Luckily I knew my way back home from here and headed towards the bus stop.

My mouth dropped when I noticed the time written on the bus. 10:48? I am so dead, I am so, so dead.