My first day of school

The Unexpected

Today's the day I thought as I prepared for school. My mother and I moved over from London to Seoul 3 weeks ago. When I first heard about the news I couldn't believe it. I've lived in London my whole life, been to the same primary and secondary school and always had just one friend throughout my life and now... now I had leave that all behind. I sighed as I remembered my best friend Samantha. We've been friends since nursery and never spent longer than a month apart, it tore my heart up when I told her that I was moving. She instantly began crying which lead to me crying and it was just all too emotional. 

"Alexander are you ready?" my mother yelled from the kitchen, it smelt like she was making pancakes today. "You need to hurry up or else you'll be late for school!"

"I'm coming mum!" I replied as I raced down the stairs. My mum stopped what she was doing and staired at me a smile slowly approaching across her face. "Why are you looking at me like that mum?" 

"Nothing, it's just that you look incredibly beautiful." Her eyes began to tear up as she walked over to hug me. "I know that you're feeling nervous about starting a new school in a totally different country but I'm sure that you will fit in here perfectly."

"Sure mum because being the only non-Asian person in my class will totally not make me stand out" I rolled my eyes as I broke from the hug and reached for the pancakes.

"Hey don't say that honey, you know that you're going to be happy by the end of the year, just watch." I hated it when my mum does that, she's always optimistic and it really hurts me because she's not being realistic. Ever since I was a young child my mum always used to make me feel like I can do anything and can be anything and I used to actually believe her. That was of course until I grew up and realised how ty this world really was and how you'll never really become what you wanted. "And besides you at least had a year to learn Korean, so I'm sure that you'll do fine."

"Why are you always like this mum?" 

"It's because I know you sweetheart, anyone would be crazy to not love who you are... So have you spoken to Samantha lately?" 

"Yeah, we spoke on the phone last night" I replied while bitting into the final piece of pancake and and swung one strip of my backpack on my right shoulder. "She was telling me about how she was accepted to UCL to study dentistry" I frowned as I recalled a memory of Samantha and I back in year 3 telling each other how much we wanted to both go to UCL together. Sam wanted to do dentistry, meanwhile I wanted to do medicine.

"Wow UCL? That's amazing!" but she then noticed how upset I looked and walked towards me to give me another hug "Aww honey, I know that you and Sam always wanted to go to uni together and I truly am sorry but honestly I know that you will be happy here" she slowly the back of my head. "I know that you always think I'm crazy for being so optimitic but the truth is honey I know what you're capable of... Now go or else you'll be late!"

"Thanks mum" I gave her a kiss on the cheeks and then walked out the door.

"Good luck!" 

 

 

 

"Class listen up! We have a new student starting today" Mr Lee said. "She's moved all the way from London so please be nice and welcoming" The whole class was now stairing at me Oh my god Alex calm down. "Ms Anderson would you like to sit down, you can sit here" I slowly sat at my seat which was positioned next to this handsome boy who was quite tanned to say and had really nice and thick lips-- wait was that I smirk I just saw spread across his face?

"Ehem N" I heard one of the girls in the back say, the whole class began to laugh. See this is exactly why I was reluctant from coming here.

"You know what Yoona, you're such a stupid can't you just shut that trash of yours you call a mouth?" A girl with short blonde hair and was wearing a boyish uniform spoke. 

"Oh please be quiet Amber are you a girl or a boy because you really look nothing like either" Yoona was smirking now.

"Yeah" another girl spoke this time.

"Sweety it's called being unique not that you'd know what that is and Tayeon--"

"That's enough!" Mr Lee interrupted "Yoona that's absolutely no way you should welcome the new student, you will have to face serious consqeuences for that and Amber although you get credit for standing up for her, you however did swear and that can't go without being punished, detention next Monday"

"But sir that's not fair!" Amber complained

"I'm sorry but rules are rules and you did break them... Anyways where was I, ah yes so mitosis is--"

I can't believe what just happened, someone actually stood up for me! I slowly looked back to see the girl again and noticed she was smiling at me. Hmm maybe it won't be as terrible as I thought this place would be I smiled to myself.

 

 

The bell rang and break time had finally approached. "Heyah, I'm Amber" I was startled when the blonde girl spoke to me with an American accent."I moved from Cali a couple of years ago.... so what's your name?"

"I'm Alex" I smiled at her.

"Well Alex, it's nice to meet you" she stretched her arm out, smiling back at me.

"Nice to meet you too" I replied as I reached towards her and shook her hands.

"Ahhh gosh british accents are just so y I love it when they speak with that acce... Sorry am I weirding you out?"

"Absolutely not" I giggled "I actually feel the same about American accents."

"So what other languages do you speak?"

"I actually am kinda fluent in Korean, although I definitely can't read nor write in it"

"Oh wow that's good it sure would be useful here--"

"So are you going to introduce me to your friend Amber?" A tall slim built boy with slightly long, blonde hair advanced towards us, hugging Amber from the back. Amber then gave the boy a kiss on the cheek.

"Uhh yeah, this is Alex she's moved from London" She uttered while gigling. The tall boy then broke from the hug and took his arm out.

"Hey there, I'm Kris." I shook his hand noticing that it was awfully soft. "So you're from London eh? I've always wanted to live there."

"Yeah, pretty much lived there throughout--"

"Oh look at who it is." Yoona walked over with Taeyeon and another girl beside her. "It's the ugly N and the boy wannabe." The girls with her then began to gigle. "Losers." She then walked away with the two girls walking behind her.

"Ignore her" Amber said while placing a hand on my shoulder "she's just a dumb who has absolutely no life and spends most of her time trying to be the prettiest and most popular girl in school. Truth is no-one gives a about her at all. Anyways, lets just go to the canteen."

Amber and Kris were walking infront of me, his arm was around her shoulder and he was whispering something into her ear, which made her laugh. As we were walking, the students in the hallway stopped what they were doing and staired at me, some of the girls were whispering something into each others ears, meanwhile I noticed a couple of guys pointing at me laughing like I was some sort of joke. Suddenly I felt small and hopeless. I felt my stomach aching as I suddenly hoped that I was back in London, at least I never felt anxious because of my skin color. I never really was a popular girl in London, never had much friends just Samantha, but I never got bullied either, no-one was ever mean to me in school, so this was a very painful and uncomfortable experience.

As we walked into the canteen I noticed once again people were stairing at me. The pain in my stomach converted into anger as I felt annoyed by the ignorance I now was facing. Stop looking at me like that, I'm not a monster! Amber and Kris guided me to a table and sat down. I sat on a seat which was opposite to them.

"So, Alex, how long have you been to Korea now?" Kris asked while I reached into my bag to take out my sandwhich that my mum prepared this morning.

"Around 3 weeks now." I replied smiling. 

"Oh, cool, so what brings you here to oh great Seoul?"

"My mother got a big promotion for her job, unfortunately it meant that we had to move here."  I frowned as I once again wished that I was back in London with Sammy.

"Oh I see, so do you like speak in Korean or?"

"Ye naneun hangug-eolo mal-eul hal su" (A/N: IT MEANS "YES I CAN SPEAK IN KOREAN")

Kris looked at me with wide eyes "Wow, even your pronounciation is perfect, I honestly did not see that coming."

"Oh my God guys, I heard that there's a new girl here and she's black I really want to meet he-" A slim girl with red hair was running towards us but stopped when I turned to look at her, she looked a lot like Yoona except her nose shape was a bit different, but they looked like they were twins. Behind her were 2 other girls and a boy. "Oh there you are! Hi there my names Krystal." Krystal smiled at me warmly.

"Hey I'm Alex." I smiled back.

"This is my sister Jessica." Krystal pointed at one of the girls who waved at me. Wow she looks nothing like her. "This is Tiffany." She pointed at a small girl who was standing to her right who was smiling at me. "And this is Henry." She pointed towards a cute boy standing beside her.

The rest of lunch time I spent talking to them, telling them about myself and they also introduced themselves to me, talking about thier childhood and why they moved to Korea. We shared a couple of laughs as Henry acted a fool and Amber started making faces. 

The bell rang which signalled for us to return to lesson.

Our final lesson was Chemistry. We had to prepare an experiment and luckily I was paired with Amber. I was really glad when I that I met her because she was really nice and warm towards me. The lesson finished and it was finally time to go home.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyah guys, so this is my first chapter. I have a feeling that it may be too long oops ^_^ I really do hope that you guys enjoy reading it and continue to read. Don't hesistate, pls send in your reviews in the comments, I will defo read upon it and take in the critisims for improvement. And as I said in the description please don't take this seriously, it's just me making up my own stuff. Anyways I keep on talking to much ENJOY <3 Saranghae.