Chapter 2

The Unexpected

It has been a week since I have started attending high school in Korea. Everything was beginning to settle in well, well apart from Yoona and her two acquaintances Taeyeon and Hyoyeon trying very hard to make my life miserable. Fortunately they have been failing to do so as I really don’t care about them nor about their ridiculous opinions. I also managed to make friends with more people. On Thursday a boy named Sehun introduced himself to me, although his English wasn’t very good we were able to communicate in Korean. He seemed very nice and was close friends with Kris and that handsome tanned boy I sit next to in class.

Speaking of him, his name was Kai and all of the girls were head over heels in love with him, especially Yoona, who was thirsty for his attention. I never really understood why girls were so insanely crazy over one particular boy in school, it was the same thing in London, all girls were “in love” with a boy named Peter, I mean yeah sure he’s good looking but it’s not something I’d waste my time on.

I’ve also spent a lot of time with Amber and the crew and once again was grateful for finding a friend in them, somehow, despite not knowing them for long, I felt like I belonged with them as they welcomed me here in a very comforting manor.

It was now the beginning of the first lesson.

“Okay class we are now going to do a class project.” Mr Lee spoke “Your class project will last for 2 weeks and as we don’t have much time you will need to do this in your spare time. Your project will be to build a 3D piece of the DNA with background information on how the DNA was discovered, what it is made up of and also what is its functions. I expect the structure to contain all of the DNA’s key characteristics. I will now read out the pairs you will be working in.” Oh God we’re working in pairs? I hope I end up with Amber. “Amber and Yoona” Oh that can’t be good I turned around to look at Amber who just pointed her finger to , pretending to be sick. “Taeyeon and Hyoyeon” Well at least I’m not paired with those two evil witches. Urghh I hope I at least end up with Sehun. “Sehun and Luhan” Oh great so I’m going to end up with someone I don’t know. “Alex and Kai” I quickly glanced up not knowing how I should feel. I looked back only to see Yoona’s eyes filled with jealousy Ha that is just purely priceless.

The class bell rang.

“Please make sure that you get the project done, this will affect 30% of your final grade. And remember handing in your work one day later knocks off 10%!”

As we were walking out of the classroom I decided to approach Kai in order to discuss our plan for the project.

“Hey” I spoke nervously. He glanced down at me with an expressionless face. “I erm… was ah… wondering…like em, when do you want to meet up for ah, the em… project?”

“I don’t know, whenever you want to.” He spoke with a monotone voice.

“Is… today after school okay?”

“Yeah whatever” he spoke and then departed quickly after that.

Wow I have no idea what that was all about.

“Can’t believe I am paired up with that evil pig.” Amber put her arm around my shoulder “Gosh I’d rather peel my eyes with a razor….slowly than spend 10 minutes alone with her.”

“You two working together will be really funny” I giggled

“Easy for you to say, hey, you’re paired up with Jongin right?” Amber looked at me with a smirk spreading across her face.

“Jong-who?” I replied quickly

“You know…Kai, the guy everyone’s crazy about?” I stared at her blankly. She then sighed before replying. “His birth name is Jongin but his nickname is Kai.”

“Oh I see and erm yeah I guess.” I still was thinking about what just happened, completely confused by his behaviour.

“Lemme guess, you’re into him?” Amber teased.

“Naah, he’s good looking but not my type. Say... are you into him?”

“Me? No way! I have a perfectly handsome boyfriend whose waay better looking in my opinion.”

“I agree with that one, Kris is really good looking.” I laughed.

“Hey! Are you seriously-“

“Relax, Kris is 100% yours, I’m just agreeing with you.”

“You crazy bastard.”

“You gullible fool.”

Amber and I were walking into the cafeteria laughing really loudly. Kris, Krystal, Henry, Jessica and Tiffany were already seated at our usual spot.

“Care to share the joke?” Krystal asked while we sat down.

I began to speak “So when I was young I was a crazy young child-“

“Can’t argue with that one.” Kris interrupted making me throw a grape at him. “Hey I was just agreeing with you. Gosh girls can be confusing sometimes.” He replied grabbing the grape and putting it into his mouth.

“I agree with that one.” Henry replied spudding Kris.

“Guys shut up I wanna hear this story.” Jessica spoke

“So as I was saying.” I quickly gave Kris a dirty look. “And so I went to Canada to meet my family." I ignored Kris and Henry's cheers and continued  "One of my older cousins was showing my other cousin pictures on her phone. I thought that she was showing childhood pictures so I yelled ‘Let me see the pictures of yourself when you was young! I wanna see how you used to look like, I’ve always wondered how you looked when you was little!’ and my cousin replied ‘No I didn’t have my phone back then so obviously there’s no childhood pictures here.’ I then looked down and replied ‘Oh by the way I have tonnes of pictures of you when you was 3 in my house.’ I swear from that day onwards my cousins believed that I was completely insane.”

“And I still believe that you’re coocoo in the head.” Henry replied making circular motions with his index finger while pointing towards the side of his head.

“Hey stop being such a jerk!” I replied throwing a grape at him this time.

“Annyeong.” Sehun sat down next to me with a smile on his face, sitting next to him was the Luhan guy he was paired up with.

“Hey Sehunnie.” I replied to him in Korean.

“Oh and by the way, this is Luhan. I don’t think you have officially met.” Sehun pointed to his friend.

“Hey.” Luhan waved “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Hi, nice to meet you too.” I smiled at him.

“Luhan’s also a foreign person” Sehun spoke.

“Really?” I replied glancing up at him.

“Yeah I’m Chinese. I moved over to Korea 4 years ago though.” Luhan said smiling.

For the rest of lunchtime we spent just telling each other interesting life stories. We were playing silly games in the courtyard like stuck in the mud and duck duck goose. The sophmores and juniors were looking at us like we’ve completely lost the plot but we didn’t care, it was our last year of school anyways, so we may as well make the most of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey, finally managed to finish off chapter 2 aha I hope you guys like it ^.^ make sure to subscribe. 

P.S that child story was tru TnT I was an insane child aha xxx