Thoughts on Ramen and Memories

The Cabin: Volume 3

Part 1

 

 

The girls sat in their dressing room half watching the music show feed. All four crammed onto the leather couch. Joy on the end, her head resting on the arm, Seulgi next, blowing a huge bubble with her almost flavorless gum, Wendy, staring at the screen with wide eyes, and Irene book-ending the other side of the couch, her hands restless, wanting to touch Wendy.

Summer was almost over, and they’d just finished their last performance for this comeback, haven gotten a few trophies, and were waiting for the final trophy presentation. Even if they didn’t win today, their comeback was considered a success by the company, but most importantly a success to them.

Wendy said it best one evening after a stressful night at a performance, “We’ve worked hard, and no matter if we win awards, we’ll know we gave our best for each other.”

So now, they sat together, a success, even after the hardships they’d been through in previous months, and remembered Wendy’s wise words.

 

-----

 

With their end stage behind them, and one last win under their belt, the girls rested easy in the van ride back to the dorm. They probably wouldn’t get a vacation, but maybe a few days off to unwind before getting back into show appearances and more recording and practice sessions.

Irene was ready to sleep in, she was ready to get home, eat tons of pizza and junk food. She wanted to pass out with Wendy on the couch as they watched a movie. Wendy would probably have to drag her to bed, whining all the way, take off her clothes for her, and help her slide into the cool sheets of the bed. At which point Irene would want to kiss Wendy goodnight, and one kiss would lead to two and two to four, and four to a make out. Irene couldn’t wait, these thoughts swirled lovingly in her brain.

Wendy was busy holding Irene’s hand, and picking at her thumbnail. Her thoughts were similar to Irene’s but she wanted to skip the food and climb straight into bed with a clothes-bare Irene. She wanted to spend the night kissing and the next day lying in bed until the next afternoon. The next evening she wanted to play video games, eat ramen and ice cream, and then go to bed with Irene again.

These thoughts whirled in the young couple’s heads, both unaware of the other’s plans. Joy and Seulgi were in the next seat playing a hand phone game and laughing.

 

-----

 

Even with these glorious plans dancing, they ended up at their dorm, both asleep in their van seats. Joy and Seulgi helping the ragged pair out,  Seulgi with Wendy and Joy with Irene. They helped them in the elevator and down the hall, then into the dorm, and onto the couch where they promptly fell asleep again.

Eventually Irene awoke to the smell of ramen in front of her on the coffee table. She saw Wendy and slowly woke her so they could share the ramen. Seulgi came into the room again and smiled when she saw and heard Wendy awaking with a whine.

“Baby,” Irene said, “Seulgi’s made ramen, let’s eat, then we’ll go to bed.” Wendy slowly rose.

“Joy and I are going to stay up a while and watch a movie, it that okay, Unnie?”

“Sure, Wendy and I must be more tired than we thought, after we eat, we’ll probably go to bed, but you and Joy can stay up as long as you like, thanks for making this, Seul, it's really delicious.”

Before Seulgi could answer, Joy screamed, “Thanks Unnie!” She poked her head around the corner from the kitchen.

Wendy was startled, as was Irene, “Shh, Joy, not so loud,” Seulgi said.

“Sorry, but thanks Irene Unnie,” Joy whispered then disappeared back into the kitchen.

“You’re welcome for the ramen,” Seulgi smiled, and then followed Joy back to the kitchen.

 

-----

 

“I probably should have thanked Seulgi for making this, but I’m honestly so tired right now, it tastes so good though,” Wendy said.

“It’s okay, I thanked her,” Irene said.

“I’m sort of mad at myself, I thought of so many things we could do when we got back here, but all I did was sleep.”

“I thought of some things too,” Irene said, “We’ll do them later though.”

 

-----

 

After finishing the ramen, Irene took the bowl and utensils back to the kitchen, “Going to bed, Unnie?” Joy aked.

“Yes, your unnies are going to bed together.”

“Even Seulgi?" Joy asked in mock horror.

Irene glared and Seulgi chuckled, “No, I won’ t be joining them, Joy.” Irene walked out in a huff, only to run into Wendy, who grabbed her hand.

“We may not be able to make all our plans a reality yet, but let’s go to bed,” Wendy said.

“Good idea,” Irene answered.

 

-----

 

In the almost dark bedroom with only a small night light next to Joy’s bed, Irene and Wendy stood face to face, holding hands.

“Joy makes fun of me a lot but that child still has a night light,” Irene joked, trying to lighten the intense mood as they looked at each other.

“Don’t worry about Joy, let’s go to sleep,” Wendy said.

“Okay,” Irene tried to turn around and unmake the bed.

“Wait,” Wendy said, “We’ll do nothing but sleep tonight, but I still want to be close to you, or as close as possible.”

“S-s-should I help you change into your pajamas?” Irene stuttered.

“No, just help me out of these clothes, and I’ll help you with yours.”

“But…”

“We’ve done this before, but I’ll but a t-shirt on if you really want,” Wendy sensed Irene’s innate shyness, “I know we’ve not gone there yet, but I like to have you beside me,” Wendy smiled and let go of Irene’s hands. She moved to the dresser, “Here’s a shirt for you and a shirt for me.”

“Wendy, it’s not that I don’t want to be beside you like that, I-I—“

“Shh, I know what you mean, but will you still help me change. I’m sleepy.”

“Yes,” Irene said, they both helped the other change in the semi-darkness.

 

-----

 

In the bed, finally, with the night light faintly glowing on their faces, Wendy confessed to Irene.

“I’ve been thinking about you more than usual.”

“Thanks?” Irene laughed.

“I mean, I’ve—it’s a little embarrassing, every time I see you, I wonder if you’re think about me like I think about you.”

A few moments passed.

“If you mean, you think of me without a shirt on, like earlier, then yes, I think of you like that too, as cheesy as that sounds,” Irene said.

“Not just without a shirt…”

“Yes, me too,” Irene said, “No shoes, no shirt, no pant—“ Wendy put her hand on Irene’s mouth to stop her from saying it aloud.

“I meant to say problem…” Irene laughed, “Our time together is soon, and we won’t even remember when we weren’t together.”

“Will we really not remember?” Wendy asked sadly.

“No, I take it back, we’ll remember ever second of it, every detail. The want and need. The moments we fell in love, all of it. The good stuff and the bad stuff, every last piece of us.” Irene said.

Wendy smiled again, “We’ll remember…I really want to make out with you right now, but I think I’m too sleepy.”

“Just a kiss for now then,” Irene leaned in and kissed Wendy sweetly, “We’ll sleep in tomorrow, love you.

“I love you too.”

In no time, Wendy and Irene drifted to sleep, unaware that tomorrow would be a big day.